Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Two Disc CDR Sets

Go down 
+4
Rex
Fat Freddy
ultmetal
T-Roy
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

Two Disc CDR Sets Empty
PostSubject: Two Disc CDR Sets   Two Disc CDR Sets Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2007 10:41 am

Hey, anybody own one of these two disc CD-R sets. I see them all over
and was wondering how they sound, quality wise and everything.

Two Disc CDR Sets 7026_1.JPG
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Two Disc CDR Sets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two Disc CDR Sets   Two Disc CDR Sets Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2007 10:44 am

Those are the KMG reissues and the sound quality is identical to the original releases. They were not remastered or altered as far as I am aware. However, if you have a CDR copy of this, it is a bootleg. The originals were not CDRs, they were silver, factory pressed CDs. Beware, some of the KMG re-issues omit some songs from some albums. I know that Deliverance - s/t/Weapons of our Warfare is missing at least two songs.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Two Disc CDR Sets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two Disc CDR Sets   Two Disc CDR Sets Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2007 10:47 am

Oh, so there's original Cd's inside that case? I only assumed they were CD-Rs.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Two Disc CDR Sets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two Disc CDR Sets   Two Disc CDR Sets Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2007 10:50 am

Yup, original CDs. They were budget reprints of the Intense Records catalog. The inserts were a single page. They included none of the original liner notes or lyrics. No photos, etc. They were very "budget" looking.

Two Disc CDR Sets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two Disc CDR Sets   Two Disc CDR Sets Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2007 10:51 am

T-Roy wrote:
Oh, so there's original Cd's inside that case? I only assumed they were CD-Rs.

Nope. Real CDs are in there. I have that particular one and a Sacred Warrior one and a Deliverance one as well. I also owned the other Vengeance Rising KMG reissue of Destruction and Released on one disc as well as the Deliverance ST/Weapons release. The Human Sacrifice and Once Dead one you have a pic of is both full discs.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Two Disc CDR Sets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two Disc CDR Sets   Two Disc CDR Sets Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2007 10:55 am

SWEET!
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Two Disc CDR Sets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two Disc CDR Sets   Two Disc CDR Sets Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2007 11:44 am

well, I think I'm going to grab the VR set. Any others you'd suggest? Wonder if they have any BC or MP?
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Two Disc CDR Sets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two Disc CDR Sets   Two Disc CDR Sets Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2007 11:58 am

T-Roy wrote:
well, I think I'm going to grab the VR set. Any others you'd suggest? Wonder if they have any BC or MP?

Barren Cross and Messiah Prophet were not on the same label as VR, Deliverance, Angelica, Mortification, etc. so they did not release any BC or MP.

However, I would recommend the Mortification one. It has the first two albums and no songs are cut out. If you don't mind the cheap inserts, they are a good buy.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Two Disc CDR Sets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two Disc CDR Sets   Two Disc CDR Sets Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2007 11:59 am

oohhhhh, I HAVE NO MORTIFICATION RIGHT NOW!
MUST........HAVE..........MORTIFICATION! Haven't listen to them in over
a decade. They have so many new releases! They never stopped! That's
awesome.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Two Disc CDR Sets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two Disc CDR Sets   Two Disc CDR Sets Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2007 12:00 pm

PS. Here's a good buy. It too is a 2-disc set:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Mortification-The-Silver-Cord-is-Severed-bonus-live-cd_W0QQitemZ170154078214QQihZ007QQcategoryZ307QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

Two Disc CDR Sets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two Disc CDR Sets   Two Disc CDR Sets Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2007 12:30 pm

Never understood why some of those KMG reissues were 2-CD sets (I have the Sacred Warrior REBELLION/MASTERS COMMAND two-fer) and others were 2-albums-on-1 combos that omitted songs (such as Deliverance's S/T and WEAPONS combo, which is missing "Awake" and "Temporary Insanity" off of the debut... guess they couldn't squeeze everything onto one CD). I understand the Die Happy S/T and VOLUME II combo is missing a few tracks as well.
Why did some bands get the 2-CD treatment and others get the 2-on-1 treatment? Maybe the guy who ran this company liked some bands better than others?
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

Two Disc CDR Sets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two Disc CDR Sets   Two Disc CDR Sets Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2007 12:39 pm

Maybe on who he thought would sell better? Two cds would cost more to print and package than 1 cd would.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Two Disc CDR Sets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two Disc CDR Sets   Two Disc CDR Sets Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2007 12:55 pm

I was able to get Sacred Warrior, the 2nd Deliverance, the second Tourniquet, Shout, Ken Tamplin, and the 2nd Vengeance Rising. They were perfect in introducing me to some great Christian metal that I would never have been able to get (at that time). These were my first introduction to all these band's materials (except Tourniquet). I heard samples from various compilation tapes but not anything substantial. So I have nothing but positive things to say about these fine editions.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

Two Disc CDR Sets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two Disc CDR Sets   Two Disc CDR Sets Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2007 2:58 pm

I have two DAVID ZAFFIRO albums on one cd from the same collection and its original cd too. No cdrom smurf poo that nobody realy care about.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Two Disc CDR Sets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two Disc CDR Sets   Two Disc CDR Sets Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2007 3:11 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
I was able to get Sacred Warrior, the 2nd
Deliverance, the second Tourniquet, Shout, Ken Tamplin, and the 2nd
Vengeance Rising. They were perfect in introducing me to some great
Christian metal that I would never have been able to get (at that
time). These were my first introduction to all these band's materials
(except Tourniquet). I heard samples from various compilation tapes but
not anything substantial. So I have nothing but positive things to say
about these fine editions.
Cool, thanks Dallas!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Two Disc CDR Sets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two Disc CDR Sets   Two Disc CDR Sets Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2007 8:39 pm

Rexorcist wrote:
Maybe on who he thought would sell better? Two cds would cost more to print and package than 1 cd would.

If that was the case, why not make the Deliverance set 2 CDs? I would think a combo of those two albums would have outsold Sacred Warrior BIG time, but that's just me.

When I found those KMG discs, I was just glad to finally get the Deliverance stuff on CD ... I bought them on cassette back in the day (didn't have a CD player back then) so of course by the late 90s/early 00's those tapes were starting to crap out on me. I was having no luck finding original issue CDs in used stores so when I heard about the KMG reissue I jumped on it. However, I was less than thrilled that they cut my two favorite songs from the debut to make both albums fit on one disc!!!
angry
Oh, and the KMG packaging redefines "cheap." No booklet, just a two sided card with the album cover(s) reproduced (somewhat poorly) on the front, with a quickie, poorly written band bio on the other side that is riddled with spelling mistakes.
All in all, they're decent for filling holes in your collection but I still want to get the original CDs one of these days.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Two Disc CDR Sets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two Disc CDR Sets   Two Disc CDR Sets Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2007 9:08 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Rexorcist wrote:

If that was the case, why not make the Deliverance set 2 CDs? I would think a combo of those two albums would have outsold Sacred Warrior BIG time, but that's just me.

When I found those KMG discs, I was just glad to finally get the Deliverance stuff on CD ... I bought them on cassette back in the day (didn't have a CD player back then) so of course by the late 90s/early 00's those tapes were starting to crap out on me. I was having no luck finding original issue CDs in used stores so when I heard about the KMG reissue I jumped on it. However, I was less than thrilled that they cut my two favorite songs from the debut to make both albums fit on one disc!!!
angry
Oh, and the KMG packaging redefines "cheap." No booklet, just a two sided card with the album cover(s) reproduced (somewhat poorly) on the front, with a quickie, poorly written band bio on the other side that is riddled with spelling mistakes.
All in all, they're decent for filling holes in your collection but I still want to get the original CDs one of these days.

Agreed, but until many Christian metal albums from the late 80s and early 90s are re-released or reissued, you gotta take what you can get (at least more and more are getting the reissue treatment).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Two Disc CDR Sets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two Disc CDR Sets   Two Disc CDR Sets Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2007 11:20 am

DallasBlack wrote:

Agreed, but until many Christian metal albums from the late 80s and early 90s are re-released or reissued, you gotta take what you can get (at least more and more are getting the reissue treatment).

A lot of CCM metal albums from that era are getting bootlegged like crazy on eBay nowadays. I got a supposed "reissue" of Sacred Warrior's OBSESSIONS a while back (the only S.W. disc I was missing) that turned out to be a CD-R with very cheap color copies of the front and back inserts. It claimed to be released by a label called "ERMI Music" out of the Netherlands, but there's no such label that I'm aware of.

I'm told that the first couple of Deliverance CDs and Recon's BEHIND ENEMY LINES are also commonly bootlegged/counterfeited
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

Two Disc CDR Sets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two Disc CDR Sets   Two Disc CDR Sets Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2007 11:30 am

Another common bootleg on ebay is Rage of Angels debut.I've got one but its very well done.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Two Disc CDR Sets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two Disc CDR Sets   Two Disc CDR Sets Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2007 1:06 pm

Here's some pix of the Sacred Warrior bootleg that I picked up some time ago. As soon as it fell out of the envelope and I saw how awful the printing of the covers looked, I knew that I had made a mistake in buying it.

Front cover:
Two Disc CDR Sets SWfront

Back Cover: (there was no "booklet" just a 2-sided card)
Two Disc CDR Sets SWback

Tray Card:
Two Disc CDR Sets SWtray

Nice huh? I got hosed. Sad
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Two Disc CDR Sets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two Disc CDR Sets   Two Disc CDR Sets Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2007 2:40 pm

hoser. lol!
Back to top Go down

Two Disc CDR Sets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two Disc CDR Sets   Two Disc CDR Sets Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2007 2:51 pm

Yeah Keith, that's the same one I have. It could be worse, they could have mailed us an actual turd. Smile
Back to top Go down

Two Disc CDR Sets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two Disc CDR Sets   Two Disc CDR Sets Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2007 2:52 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:

A lot of CCM metal albums from that era are getting bootlegged like crazy on eBay nowadays. I got a supposed "reissue" of Sacred Warrior's OBSESSIONS a while back (the only S.W. disc I was missing) that turned out to be a CD-R with very cheap color copies of the front and back inserts. It claimed to be released by a label called "ERMI Music" out of the Netherlands, but there's no such label that I'm aware of.

I'm told that the first couple of Deliverance CDs and Recon's BEHIND ENEMY LINES are also commonly bootlegged/counterfeited

ERMI Music... I never heard of that label.... doubt if it really exists....

Nice facts (or not so nice):

Zeveduiven is NO place in the netherlands
ALL Dutch p.o. boxes only have numbers.... no letters at all.... so 30 something B is fake!
The zipcode does not exist in our country....

SCAM!
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Two Disc CDR Sets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two Disc CDR Sets   Two Disc CDR Sets Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2007 2:54 pm

I think I recently bought a fake Japanese version of Rebellion. I've learned that you usually can see it on the Matrix number.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Two Disc CDR Sets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two Disc CDR Sets   Two Disc CDR Sets Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2007 8:11 am

spectrefate wrote:
Yeah Keith, that's the same one I have. It could be worse, they could have mailed us an actual turd. Smile

Well, now I feel better knowing I'm not the only one who got hosed. Smile I had half a mind to send it back to the seller and demand my $$ back but then I figured heck with it... it was the one piece missing from my Sacred Warrior collection and not only that, it makes for an interesting conversation piece. I learned my lesson on that one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Two Disc CDR Sets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two Disc CDR Sets   Two Disc CDR Sets Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Two Disc CDR Sets
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next