Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Black Sabbath - Tony Martin Era Remasters/Reissues Coming

Go down 
+10
Eyesore
brokentulsa
Gilbert
Troublezone
candlemass
Thelemech
Fat Freddy
Lari
Witchfinder
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2959

Black Sabbath - Tony Martin Era Remasters/Reissues Coming - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - Tony Martin Era Remasters/Reissues Coming   Black Sabbath - Tony Martin Era Remasters/Reissues Coming - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2019 3:24 pm

Gilbert wrote:
I hope Tony Martin still has his voice. Would love to see a live release come out of this headbanger.

I looked up some videos from 2016 and unfortunately it seems like he has to have the band tune way down--at least a full step, maybe 1.5. And even then he doesn't really reach for the high notes on songs like "Headless Cross." It's understandable, and I definitely appreciate that it's all live. Not sure I'd be interested in a live album, but certainly seeing the show live would be awesome. I feel like the down-tuning is not as noticeable in the moment during live shows.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - Tony Martin Era Remasters/Reissues Coming   Black Sabbath - Tony Martin Era Remasters/Reissues Coming - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2019 8:13 am

glassprison wrote:
He's gearing up for shows as Tony Martin's Headless Cross...I would love to see this! There is a killer set to be culled from those '87-'95 albums.

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/former-black-sabbath-singer-tony-martin-rehearsing-for-headless-cross-shows/

Now that could be awesome.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - Tony Martin Era Remasters/Reissues Coming   Black Sabbath - Tony Martin Era Remasters/Reissues Coming - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2019 8:17 am

Witchfinder wrote:
ZombieHavoc wrote:
I hate this thread.

It gets bumped every once in a while, but there is never the content I want to see: a link to a page to order the new 2-disc Tony Martin reissues.

Ha.

lol!

Same here and I started this thread!

Ha I guess 2016 you should've anticipated Iommi's lack of commitment to the project.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9878

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - Tony Martin Era Remasters/Reissues Coming   Black Sabbath - Tony Martin Era Remasters/Reissues Coming - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2019 10:20 am

Is Iommi doing OK? I never got to follow-up on his recovery.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - Tony Martin Era Remasters/Reissues Coming   Black Sabbath - Tony Martin Era Remasters/Reissues Coming - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2019 5:39 pm

Gilbert wrote:

He died last year. surprised
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6330

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - Tony Martin Era Remasters/Reissues Coming   Black Sabbath - Tony Martin Era Remasters/Reissues Coming - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2019 11:08 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Gilbert wrote:

He died last year. surprised
Stop it.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - Tony Martin Era Remasters/Reissues Coming   Black Sabbath - Tony Martin Era Remasters/Reissues Coming - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2021 10:44 am

Tony Iommi Plans to Release Tony Martin Era Black Sabbath Box Set

Tony Iommi dismisses ‘rock is dead’ talk, readies Tony Martin-era Sabbath box set

“I've got a lot of lots and lots and lots of recordings of stuff we've done in the past that's never seen the light of day,” he revealed. “I'd like to sort some of that out and put that on some of the albums. We are gradually going through these box sets and then there will be a Tony Martin [era] box set at some point coming out and stuff with Ian Gillan maybe.”

“It's unfortunate that over the years Tony Martin has got buried in all this Ozzy and Dio stuff and everything,” Iommi added. “There will be a period now where we'll be able to release the box set with the Tony Martin albums with some good outtakes as well. I've already mixed [it] here at home, so that's all ready to go, but we have to wait until the time is right. "
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39514

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - Tony Martin Era Remasters/Reissues Coming   Black Sabbath - Tony Martin Era Remasters/Reissues Coming - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2021 11:41 am

Someone needs to tell Iommi that the time has been right for quite some time now.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - Tony Martin Era Remasters/Reissues Coming   Black Sabbath - Tony Martin Era Remasters/Reissues Coming - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2021 12:40 pm

I need Tyr to be reissued. That would be great.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - Tony Martin Era Remasters/Reissues Coming   Black Sabbath - Tony Martin Era Remasters/Reissues Coming - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2021 3:42 pm

007 wrote:
Someone needs to tell Iommi that the time has been right for quite some time now.
Yeah. About five years according to this thread.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - Tony Martin Era Remasters/Reissues Coming   Black Sabbath - Tony Martin Era Remasters/Reissues Coming - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2021 11:58 am

TONY IOMMI Says Original Tapes For BLACK SABBATH's 'Born Again' Album Have Been Found: 'I'm Thinking Of Remixing' It

Iommi in the news again.

"There should be a box set from the Tony Martin era [1987-1991 and 1994-1996]," the guitarist said.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37640

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - Tony Martin Era Remasters/Reissues Coming   Black Sabbath - Tony Martin Era Remasters/Reissues Coming - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2021 1:25 pm

I am not holding my breath waiting for any of the possible reissues mentioned in this thread.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - Tony Martin Era Remasters/Reissues Coming   Black Sabbath - Tony Martin Era Remasters/Reissues Coming - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2021 3:51 pm

I am losing hope of ever seeing Tyr re-released.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39514

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - Tony Martin Era Remasters/Reissues Coming   Black Sabbath - Tony Martin Era Remasters/Reissues Coming - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2021 5:32 pm

It seems more and more unlikely.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - Tony Martin Era Remasters/Reissues Coming   Black Sabbath - Tony Martin Era Remasters/Reissues Coming - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 01, 2024 3:48 pm

8 years later, it's finally happening:

TONY IOMMI Says That Box Set Of TONY MARTIN-Era BLACK SABBATH Albums Will Finally Arrive In May
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - Tony Martin Era Remasters/Reissues Coming   Black Sabbath - Tony Martin Era Remasters/Reissues Coming - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 01, 2024 3:53 pm

As for new tracks:

we can't use anything new 'cause nothing new can be released under the BLACK SABBATH name. It can only be stuff that's got the original four members on it.

Sharon Osbourne keeps tormenting metal fans.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17068

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - Tony Martin Era Remasters/Reissues Coming   Black Sabbath - Tony Martin Era Remasters/Reissues Coming - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 01, 2024 5:41 pm

So just move around it and label the new tracks Iommi/Martin.

That’s why Iommi had to call his last Dio collaboration “Heaven and Hell”. That witch Sharon created legal problems.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - Tony Martin Era Remasters/Reissues Coming   Black Sabbath - Tony Martin Era Remasters/Reissues Coming - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 01, 2024 5:48 pm

The loophole they probably used against Tony is that Ozzy was fired… so you can’t say all the others quit Sabbath and only Tony stuck with it.

It’s true Geezer and Bill Ward chose to leave at some point, but because Ozzy was fired against his will, he had a case.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - Tony Martin Era Remasters/Reissues Coming   Black Sabbath - Tony Martin Era Remasters/Reissues Coming - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 01, 2024 5:57 pm

Troublezone wrote:
So just move around it and label the new tracks Iommi/Martin.

Call it Black Sabbat.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - Tony Martin Era Remasters/Reissues Coming   Black Sabbath - Tony Martin Era Remasters/Reissues Coming - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2024 2:20 pm

Everyone, you can stop holding your breath! More than 8 years later, and here it is now, pending official announcement:

Black Sabbath - Tony Martin Era Remasters/Reissues Coming - Page 2 Sabbath

Black Sabbath - Anno Domini 1989-1995 (4 CD)

The set contains newly remastered versions of Headless Cross (1989), Tyr (1990), and Cross Purposes (1994), plus a new version of Forbidden (1995) that guitarist Tony Iommi remixed specially for the collection.
Several albums make their vinyl debut in the LP version of ANNO DOMINI, while the CD version contains three exclusive bonus tracks: the B-side "Cloak & Dagger" and the Japan-only releases "What's The Use" and "Loser Gets It All." A booklet comes with the set featuring photos, artwork, and liner notes by Hugh Gilmour. The collection also contains a Headless Cross poster and a replica concert book from the "Headless Cross Tour."
ANNO DOMINI picks up Black Sabbath's story in 1989, two decades and multiple lineup changes into the band's groundbreaking career as metal originators. At the time, membership had solidified around riffmaster and founding member Tony Iommi, legendary drummer Cozy Powell (Jeff Beck, Rainbow, Whitesnake), singer Tony Martin, and longtime Black Sabbath collaborator and keyboardist Geoff Nicholls (Quartz, Bandy Legs).

· Headless Cross, Tyr & Cross purposes newly Remastered
· Forbidden Newly remixed by Tony Iommi
· 1989 Headless Cross tour replica concert book
· 40-Page Book with photos, artwork & new liner notes
· Replica colour tour poster .
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - Tony Martin Era Remasters/Reissues Coming   Black Sabbath - Tony Martin Era Remasters/Reissues Coming - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2024 2:38 pm

About time!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37640

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - Tony Martin Era Remasters/Reissues Coming   Black Sabbath - Tony Martin Era Remasters/Reissues Coming - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2024 9:17 pm

My goodness! I guess Hell has officially frozen over! Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - Tony Martin Era Remasters/Reissues Coming   Black Sabbath - Tony Martin Era Remasters/Reissues Coming - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2024 4:18 am

BLACK SABBATH: Box Set Of TONY MARTIN-Era Recordings, 'Anno Domini 1989-1995', To Arrive In May

imusic.uk sells it for £72.

Black Sabbath - Tony Martin Era Remasters/Reissues Coming - Page 2 4050538972467
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - Tony Martin Era Remasters/Reissues Coming   Black Sabbath - Tony Martin Era Remasters/Reissues Coming - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2024 5:59 am

Awesome.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12605

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - Tony Martin Era Remasters/Reissues Coming   Black Sabbath - Tony Martin Era Remasters/Reissues Coming - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2024 8:08 am

Where is the Sabbath Deluxe of "Born Again" with a bend over and bonus 1983 concert DVD? Man that "Stonehenge" motif was awesome. Anyone else see that tour?

I never tried to get into the Jeff Martin stuff, always considered it to be Iommi solo albums. Maybe now is the time to bite?

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath - Tony Martin Era Remasters/Reissues Coming   Black Sabbath - Tony Martin Era Remasters/Reissues Coming - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Black Sabbath - Tony Martin Era Remasters/Reissues Coming
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next