Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Modern Rock

Go down 
+14
MetalGuy71
muckie
the sentinel
metalinmyveins
Hadley
Boris2008
scottmitchell74
Wurthless
80s Metal Lady
Thrasher73
corplhicks
tohostudios
Thelemech
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Fav Modern Rock band of these
Nickelback
Modern Rock - Page 3 Vote_lcap0%Modern Rock - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Hinder
Modern Rock - Page 3 Vote_lcap15%Modern Rock - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 15% [ 2 ]
Chevelle
Modern Rock - Page 3 Vote_lcap8%Modern Rock - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 8% [ 1 ]
Rev Theory
 0% [ 0 ]
Coldplay
Modern Rock - Page 3 Vote_lcap31%Modern Rock - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 31% [ 4 ]
Puddle of Mudd
 0% [ 0 ]
Papa Roach
Modern Rock - Page 3 Vote_lcap8%Modern Rock - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 8% [ 1 ]
Shinedown
Modern Rock - Page 3 Vote_lcap23%Modern Rock - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 23% [ 3 ]
Buck Cherry
Modern Rock - Page 3 Vote_lcap15%Modern Rock - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 15% [ 2 ]
Trapt
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 13

AuthorMessage
muckie
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
muckie

Number of posts : 493

Modern Rock - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modern Rock   Modern Rock - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2016 11:29 pm

I loved Chevelle's first album before they became well known. Didn't care for that second album which had 'The Red' on it, and care even less for them now that I know they were Tool worshippers (I had never heard Tool prior to Chevelle).
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5065

PostSubject: Re: Modern Rock   Modern Rock - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2016 1:02 am

Boris2008 wrote:
Wurthless wrote:
I have only familiarized myself with OK Computer, but I can easily call that album a masterpiece of music as an artform. That damn album never sounds exactly the same from listen to listen. New nuances in layering, structure, and instrumentation are discovered every time I queue that album up. It's a perfect album for just throwing on some headphones and shutting the world out.

In Rainbows next, then Kid A

Gotcha. Smile
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5065

PostSubject: Re: Modern Rock   Modern Rock - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2016 1:08 am

muckie wrote:
I loved Chevelle's first album before they became well known. Didn't care for that second album which had 'The Red' on it, and care even less for them now that I know they were Tool worshippers (I had never heard Tool prior to Chevelle).

My mom likes Chevelle a lot, and when she told me I might like them, she showed me some songs. I immediately was like, "this sounds like Tool but without all the cool shit that makes Tool, Tool." and she got kind of ticked at me for not just validating her opinion as "cool." haha.

Lesson learned: just tell your mom her music tastes are cool, it'll make her feel better, and explaining progressive music to your mom is difficult, hahaa.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Modern Rock   Modern Rock - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2016 10:28 am

tohostudios wrote:
But at least Radiohead had "Creep"; that's one more song than I like by Coldplay.

Agree!
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Modern Rock   Modern Rock - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2016 12:57 pm

So...okay, thing is I'm completely cool with anyone not liking Coldplay. But could somebody give me a rundown on what makes them so terrible? Honestly, I hear "Coldplay sucks" from so many people yet it's never backed up with "why." Just curious, is all.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Modern Rock   Modern Rock - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2016 2:33 pm

I just find their music boring.  I think it's whiny-sounding and totally unmemorable.  Lifeless, droning, like elevator music for the alternative set.

BTW, I'm feel the same as you except on the other side of the coin.  I'm fine with people who like Coldplay; just because I think they suck doesn't mean everyone has to think that.  It's just my opinion.

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Modern Rock   Modern Rock - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2016 7:20 pm

corplhicks wrote:
So...okay, thing is I'm completely cool with anyone not liking Coldplay. But could somebody give me a rundown on what makes them so terrible? Honestly, I hear "Coldplay sucks" from so many people yet it's never backed up with "why." Just curious, is all.

I don't think they suck at all. A few weeks back, the wife and I hit up a used music shop and I got the newest album for her. We listened to it on the way home in the car and it was quite enjoyable.
Back to top Go down
DakotaRogers
Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

Number of posts : 920

PostSubject: Re: Modern Rock   Modern Rock - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2016 11:23 pm

Guilty pleasures are one thing, but these bands... Modern Rock - Page 3 Suicide
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Modern Rock   Modern Rock - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2016 5:39 pm

None. It really should have been on there.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Modern Rock   Modern Rock - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2016 12:01 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I just find their music boring.  I think it's whiny-sounding and totally unmemorable.  Lifeless, droning, like elevator music for the alternative set.

BTW, I'm feel the same as you except on the other side of the coin.  I'm fine with people who like Coldplay; just because I think they suck doesn't mean everyone has to think that.  It's just my opinion.

That's a much better explanation than any I've gotten from a non-fan lol. And I can totally understand.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Modern Rock   Modern Rock - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2016 12:14 pm

Modern Rock - Page 3 Coldplay-3-450x297

That's why.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Modern Rock   Modern Rock - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2016 12:40 pm

Boris2008 wrote:

That's why.

Lol Yorke ain't much prettier!
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Modern Rock   Modern Rock - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2016 1:07 pm

corplhicks wrote:
Boris2008 wrote:

That's why.

Thom is uglier, in fact he's uglier than most people  lol!

It's the sickly, slimy 'worthiness' of him that offends me, never since Bono or maybe Sting has anyone provoked such feelings of utter nausea in me than this guy. Like when he split from that blond glass of water, he couldn't just split from her, oh no! they had to 'consciously uncouple'!!  sick

He just reminds me of those assholes who develop a God complex during their gap year and go off building things in third world countries (robbing the local workforce of much needed work and money) just before taking that corporate job with MegaBastard Plc who will poison the water supply of the people he 'helped'.

Oh and his music bores me to tears! Sleep
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Modern Rock   Modern Rock - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2016 3:35 pm

corplhicks wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
But at least Radiohead had "Creep"; that's one more song than I like by Coldplay.

Funny story about Creep; that's the one song that the band completely hates. It was their breakthrough hit, to be sure (and it is a damn fine tune) but Thom Yorke couldn't escape its popularity.

Ha ha ha!! That's their 'Cherry Pie'!! Bwaaaaaa-ha ha!!

Since I don't care for U2 much, when that girl I mentioned earlier told me "Coldplay was like a less pretentious U2", I knew they were not a band that would interest me. The little bits I've heard of Coldplay here and there confirmed it.

I don't know that they suck. They're obviously doing something right by the people. It just ain't for me. Same goes for Radiohead. Not my cuppa tea.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Modern Rock   Modern Rock - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2016 6:02 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
corplhicks wrote:
Boris2008 wrote:

That's why.

Thom is uglier, in fact he's uglier than most people  lol!

It's the sickly, slimy 'worthiness' of him that offends me, never since Bono or maybe Sting has anyone provoked such feelings of utter nausea in me than this guy. Like when he split from that blond glass of water, he couldn't just split from her, oh no! they had to 'consciously uncouple'!!  sick

He just reminds me of those assholes who develop a God complex during their gap year and go off building things in third world countries (robbing the local workforce of much needed work and money) just before taking that corporate job with MegaBastard Plc who will poison the water supply of the people he 'helped'.

Oh and his music bores me to tears! Sleep

Laughing very hard Laughing very hard Laughing very hard

There you go again Boris.  We're The Brothers Of Hate!

PostSubject: Re: Modern Rock   Modern Rock - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Modern Rock
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3