Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wearing T-Shirt of Band at Their Concert: Cool? Lame?

Go down 
+19
DallasBlack
Thelemech
Required Fields
Stender
Citanul
kyleblack
Addy
Glower
sovdat
bgsully
assault_attack
Boris2008
tohostudios
MetalGuy71
James B.
the sentinel
Witchfinder
80s Metal Lady
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28438

Wearing T-Shirt of Band at Their Concert: Cool? Lame? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wearing T-Shirt of Band at Their Concert: Cool? Lame?   Wearing T-Shirt of Band at Their Concert: Cool? Lame? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2015 8:32 pm

Side note: I remember when I saw Megadeth, Slayer, and Testament live five years ago, I was one of the only ones who wore a Testament shirt when I went there. There were close to half and half in Megadeth and Slayer shirts, but I think there were one, maybe two others, in Testament shirts. A handful wore shirts of other bands (my friend Lorne wore a Sodom shirt).

I do recall people buying Testament shirts for sale after their set, though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Wearing T-Shirt of Band at Their Concert: Cool? Lame?   Wearing T-Shirt of Band at Their Concert: Cool? Lame? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2015 1:39 am

Didn't realize it was an unspoken rule. However, I made it a habit to not wear a shirt of the band I'm seeing. Don't know why, I just didn't
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Wearing T-Shirt of Band at Their Concert: Cool? Lame?   Wearing T-Shirt of Band at Their Concert: Cool? Lame? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2015 4:50 pm

Do not give a rip what people consider cool or not.

At one of the last gigs Ultimatum performed in California, we were opening for Deliverance at Up from the Ashes III (2010, I think). There was a sea of Ultimatum shirts in the crowd and I absolutely loved it. Thought it was so very cool. Was happy to see our fans were there.

When I go to concerts I don't always wear the band's shirt I am going to see, but I do some times. Frankly, what hollywood says is cool, or what a bunch of hipsters who don't even know what metal is say is cool doesn't matter to me even slightly. All through the 1990's Ultimatum were told that Heavy Metal isn't cool. One of our record companies wanted us to try "a Stone Temple Pilot's sound, we'll hire you Rex Carroll to produce you and get that sound." Uhhhhh, no thanks. We play metal. I don't care if it 'cool' or not.

In the 80's I wore jeans, a band shirt, a denim vest and a leather jacket. In the 90's I wore jeans, a band shirt, a denim vest and a leather jacket. In the 2000's it was  jeans, a band shirt, a denim vest and a leather jacket. I still wear jeans, a band shirt and a leather jacket. Don't like it? Don't think it's cool? I don't give a shit!

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: Wearing T-Shirt of Band at Their Concert: Cool? Lame?   Wearing T-Shirt of Band at Their Concert: Cool? Lame? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2015 4:58 pm

If I know skinheads are gonna be there to start shit, I will purposely wear something anti-skin.
Back to top Go down
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

PostSubject: Re: Wearing T-Shirt of Band at Their Concert: Cool? Lame?   Wearing T-Shirt of Band at Their Concert: Cool? Lame? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2015 10:54 pm

UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS wrote:
If I know skinheads are gonna be there to start shit, I will purposely wear something anti-skin.

What if it were a G. G. Allin tribute event?

Razz Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Wearing T-Shirt of Band at Their Concert: Cool? Lame?   Wearing T-Shirt of Band at Their Concert: Cool? Lame? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2015 11:03 pm

80s Metal Lady wrote:

Razz  Laughing very hard

lol!
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Wearing T-Shirt of Band at Their Concert: Cool? Lame?   Wearing T-Shirt of Band at Their Concert: Cool? Lame? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2015 11:19 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Do not give a rip what people consider cool or not.

At one of the last gigs Ultimatum performed in California, we were opening for Deliverance at Up from the Ashes III (2010, I think). There was a sea of Ultimatum shirts in the crowd and I absolutely loved it. Thought it was so very cool. Was happy to see our fans were there.

When I go to concerts I don't always wear the band's shirt I am going to see, but I do some times. Frankly, what hollywood says is cool, or what a bunch of hipsters who don't even know what metal is say is cool doesn't matter to me even slightly. All through the 1990's Ultimatum were told that Heavy Metal isn't cool. One of our record companies wanted us to try "a Stone Temple Pilot's sound, we'll hire you Rex Carroll to produce you and get that sound." Uhhhhh, no thanks. We play metal. I don't care if it 'cool' or not.

In the 80's I wore jeans, a band shirt, a denim vest and a leather jacket. In the 90's I wore jeans, a band shirt, a denim vest and a leather jacket. In the 2000's it was  jeans, a band shirt, a denim vest and a leather jacket. I still wear jeans, a band shirt and a leather jacket. Don't like it? Don't think it's cool? I don't give a shit!

Wow Ult! Preach on brotha!! headbanger
lol!
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: Wearing T-Shirt of Band at Their Concert: Cool? Lame?   Wearing T-Shirt of Band at Their Concert: Cool? Lame? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2015 11:38 pm

80s Metal Lady wrote:

Razz  Laughing very hard

Laugh it up - but that is actually happening at the Riot Fest tour this year.

http://thehardtimes.net/2015/07/14/gg-allin-hologram-to-throw-feces-at-coachella-2016/

LOL
Back to top Go down
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

PostSubject: Re: Wearing T-Shirt of Band at Their Concert: Cool? Lame?   Wearing T-Shirt of Band at Their Concert: Cool? Lame? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2015 12:51 am

80s Metal Lady wrote:

Razz  Laughing very hard

Laugh it up - but that is actually happening at the Riot Fest tour this year.

http://thehardtimes.net/2015/07/14/gg-allin-hologram-to-throw-feces-at-coachella-2016/

LOL

Oh crap! affraid Wearing T-Shirt of Band at Their Concert: Cool? Lame? - Page 2 288219
Back to top Go down
Hadley
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 991

PostSubject: Re: Wearing T-Shirt of Band at Their Concert: Cool? Lame?   Wearing T-Shirt of Band at Their Concert: Cool? Lame? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2015 11:27 am

The "reason" for it from what i've heard is that instead of wearing a shirt of the band you're already going to see it would be better to wear a shirt of a different band to turn fans onto THAT band, but even that sounds kind of dumb.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wearing T-Shirt of Band at Their Concert: Cool? Lame?   Wearing T-Shirt of Band at Their Concert: Cool? Lame? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2015 11:51 am

I wore a Savatage shirt when I went and saw them on the Gutter Ballet tour. We got to the club early and I was just walking around and someone tapped on my shoulder....it was Jon Oliva. He shook my hand and thanked me for supporting the band and asked me if I had any requests. After the show him and Criss invited me and my friend to join them at their table for a drink.

I'm glad I wore the shirt....

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wearing T-Shirt of Band at Their Concert: Cool? Lame?   Wearing T-Shirt of Band at Their Concert: Cool? Lame? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wearing T-Shirt of Band at Their Concert: Cool? Lame?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2