Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wearing T-Shirt of Band at Their Concert: Cool? Lame?

Go down 
+19
DallasBlack
Thelemech
Required Fields
Stender
Citanul
kyleblack
Addy
Glower
sovdat
bgsully
assault_attack
Boris2008
tohostudios
MetalGuy71
James B.
the sentinel
Witchfinder
80s Metal Lady
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

Wearing T-Shirt of Band at Their Concert: Cool? Lame? Empty
PostSubject: Wearing T-Shirt of Band at Their Concert: Cool? Lame?   Wearing T-Shirt of Band at Their Concert: Cool? Lame? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2015 7:24 pm

I've read several articles (or Blogs, whatever they're called) stating that it is not cool to wear a band's t-shirt to their concert (unless it's an obscure opening act--certainly not a famous headliner). I've never been cool, so I'll wear what I want. I just wanted to get your opinions on the subject.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7608

PostSubject: Re: Wearing T-Shirt of Band at Their Concert: Cool? Lame?   Wearing T-Shirt of Band at Their Concert: Cool? Lame? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2015 7:41 pm

It's acceptable to wear an older shirt of the headliner as it establishes you as being a fan of long standing. Anything else is not acceptable and shows that you are a noob.

Honestly, wear whatever you want. I wear all sorts of obscure shirts and my patch vest at shows. It's a nice conversation starter with other folks at the show.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Wearing T-Shirt of Band at Their Concert: Cool? Lame?   Wearing T-Shirt of Band at Their Concert: Cool? Lame? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2015 8:36 pm

I saw Whitesnake a few Friday's ago and of the 1,000 or so people almost no one had a Whitesnake shirt on. I wore a Motorhead shirt. In my humble opine, you wear whatever you like, old or new, it's all cool.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12599

PostSubject: Re: Wearing T-Shirt of Band at Their Concert: Cool? Lame?   Wearing T-Shirt of Band at Their Concert: Cool? Lame? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2015 8:37 pm

I'd go see a thrash band at a club in the Bay Area sportin' a Ruby Slippers shirt and the catch a glam band on The Strip with a Legacy shirt on. I went to an Oingo Boingo show wearing a sleeveless t that said, "Heavy F-Yuck-in Metal" on the front. I also went to see Reba with my wife wearing a KNAC t shirt. The 80's were so much fun.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Wearing T-Shirt of Band at Their Concert: Cool? Lame?   Wearing T-Shirt of Band at Their Concert: Cool? Lame? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2015 8:39 pm

I can't remember specifically, but back in the day I probably wore band shirts to their shows. I didn't think anything of it. I just thought I was being a fan. It wasn't until I saw the movie PCU that the topic even entered my mind...

I didn't know it was a "thing", but I haven't done it since. They got into my head, man. Razz

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Wearing T-Shirt of Band at Their Concert: Cool? Lame?   Wearing T-Shirt of Band at Their Concert: Cool? Lame? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2015 8:42 pm

Seriously?  There are "rules" about this now?

I'm sooooo F'n old.... Wearing T-Shirt of Band at Their Concert: Cool? Lame? 387733

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Wearing T-Shirt of Band at Their Concert: Cool? Lame?   Wearing T-Shirt of Band at Their Concert: Cool? Lame? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2015 8:59 pm

tohostudios wrote:

I'm sooooo F'n old.... Wearing T-Shirt of Band at Their Concert: Cool? Lame? 387733

Well, that clip I posted was from 1994, so I guess it's been a "rule" since way back then. Laughing

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Wearing T-Shirt of Band at Their Concert: Cool? Lame?   Wearing T-Shirt of Band at Their Concert: Cool? Lame? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2015 9:09 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

Well, that clip I posted was from 1994, so I guess it's been a "rule" since way back then. Laughing

That would make sense because I haven't been to a concert in about 20 years now.  I got tired of all the "kids" looking at the old fart and thinking I was a narc.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39466

PostSubject: Re: Wearing T-Shirt of Band at Their Concert: Cool? Lame?   Wearing T-Shirt of Band at Their Concert: Cool? Lame? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2015 9:10 pm

Bah ! I'll wear what I want. And if I had a shirt of a band I was going to see, of course I'd wear it.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Wearing T-Shirt of Band at Their Concert: Cool? Lame?   Wearing T-Shirt of Band at Their Concert: Cool? Lame? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2015 9:10 pm

It's probably not advisable to wear a Pansy Division T Shirt at a Mayhem gig!  affraid

Other than that, who gives a sh*t! Since when have most metal fans had a clue what's cool anyway!  lol!
Back to top Go down
assault_attack
Metal master
Metal master
assault_attack

Number of posts : 688

PostSubject: Re: Wearing T-Shirt of Band at Their Concert: Cool? Lame?   Wearing T-Shirt of Band at Their Concert: Cool? Lame? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2015 9:11 pm

I will wear a long sleeve shirt black or gray & if I buy a band's shirt at the show just pull it on over.. I see nothing wrong with that. headbanger
Back to top Go down
bgsully
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bgsully

Number of posts : 1692

PostSubject: Re: Wearing T-Shirt of Band at Their Concert: Cool? Lame?   Wearing T-Shirt of Band at Their Concert: Cool? Lame? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2015 9:39 pm

lol!
Rules on what's cool are funny. insane
Back to top Go down
sovdat
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1786

PostSubject: Re: Wearing T-Shirt of Band at Their Concert: Cool? Lame?   Wearing T-Shirt of Band at Their Concert: Cool? Lame? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2015 3:30 am

Wear whatever you want in my opinion. The only thing I don't get is people who buy a t-shirt at concert and put it on immediately ... Did they come to a show topless? And how about washing it first? Smile
I was at Dynamo festival this year, which lasted only for a day, and I could swear that I saw at least 100 people sporting their brand new festival shirt ... it was like "oh look, he / she was at Dynamo this year! How cool!" Smile
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3163

PostSubject: Re: Wearing T-Shirt of Band at Their Concert: Cool? Lame?   Wearing T-Shirt of Band at Their Concert: Cool? Lame? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2015 6:24 am

I never see those classic 'Concert' t- shirts anymore - the real ones -
The ones with the city dates on the back - modern / recent concerts -
It's great to see - when someone, not only went to see the show,
but actually bought a momento shirt - to show off - for the next 3-4 weeks -
I always did that in High school, the next day -
and in my 20's next day at work - bravado points !
I LOVED the bootleg shirts sold in the parking lot ! Hell Yeah -
But bands like Megadeth and Metallica - hire people to confiscate them -
why ?????????????????????????? F'n Bytchs !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39466

PostSubject: Re: Wearing T-Shirt of Band at Their Concert: Cool? Lame?   Wearing T-Shirt of Band at Their Concert: Cool? Lame? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2015 8:56 am

Yeah I always though that was cool seeing people walking around in school wearing a tour shirt from the concert they went to the night before.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Wearing T-Shirt of Band at Their Concert: Cool? Lame?   Wearing T-Shirt of Band at Their Concert: Cool? Lame? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2015 9:51 am

tohostudios wrote:

Rules are meant to be broken, it sounds super lame to me.
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
kyleblack
Metal student
Metal student
kyleblack

Number of posts : 159

PostSubject: Re: Wearing T-Shirt of Band at Their Concert: Cool? Lame?   Wearing T-Shirt of Band at Their Concert: Cool? Lame? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2015 10:20 am

If you bought the shirt at the show it's ok. lol!

I love PCU and I quote that all the time but honestly, who cares? Wear what you want!
Back to top Go down
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

PostSubject: Re: Wearing T-Shirt of Band at Their Concert: Cool? Lame?   Wearing T-Shirt of Band at Their Concert: Cool? Lame? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2015 12:12 pm

bgsully wrote:
lol!
Rules on what's cool are funny. insane

Yeah, rules are lame! Laughing
Back to top Go down
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

PostSubject: Re: Wearing T-Shirt of Band at Their Concert: Cool? Lame?   Wearing T-Shirt of Band at Their Concert: Cool? Lame? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2015 12:13 pm

sovdat wrote:
Wear whatever you want in my opinion. The only thing I don't get is people who buy a t-shirt at concert and put it on immediately ... Did they come to a show topless? And how about washing it first? Smile

I'll admit I never wash clothes before wearing them, even if I purchased them from a thrift store. I guess I like living dangerously.
Back to top Go down
Citanul
Metal master
Metal master
Citanul

Number of posts : 657

PostSubject: Re: Wearing T-Shirt of Band at Their Concert: Cool? Lame?   Wearing T-Shirt of Band at Their Concert: Cool? Lame? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2015 1:17 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I can't remember specifically, but back in the day I probably wore band shirts to their shows. I didn't think anything of it. I just thought I was being a fan. It wasn't until I saw the movie PCU that the topic even entered my mind...

I didn't know it was a "thing", but I haven't done it since. They got into my head, man. Razz

Am I missing something? I don't see where the "that guy" aspect comes from.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Wearing T-Shirt of Band at Their Concert: Cool? Lame?   Wearing T-Shirt of Band at Their Concert: Cool? Lame? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2015 1:25 pm

One time a friend of mine wore a Nirvana shirt to a Slayer show and got hassled the whole time by Slayer fans. He finally turned it inside out I think, haha.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28411

PostSubject: Re: Wearing T-Shirt of Band at Their Concert: Cool? Lame?   Wearing T-Shirt of Band at Their Concert: Cool? Lame? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2015 1:42 pm

I've done it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Thelemech
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Thelemech

Number of posts : 4009

PostSubject: Re: Wearing T-Shirt of Band at Their Concert: Cool? Lame?   Wearing T-Shirt of Band at Their Concert: Cool? Lame? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2015 2:16 pm

When I saw KISS in 97 on the reunion tour I wore a Love Gun shirt. Most of the people there had KISS shirts on.
Back to top Go down
kyleblack
Metal student
Metal student
kyleblack

Number of posts : 159

PostSubject: Re: Wearing T-Shirt of Band at Their Concert: Cool? Lame?   Wearing T-Shirt of Band at Their Concert: Cool? Lame? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2015 3:39 pm

Citanul wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Am I missing something?  I don't see where the "that guy" aspect comes from.

I believe Jeremy Piven was just goofing and they left it in the movie. It wasn't in the script.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Wearing T-Shirt of Band at Their Concert: Cool? Lame?   Wearing T-Shirt of Band at Their Concert: Cool? Lame? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2015 7:12 pm

There was an awesome t shirt place back in the 80's that sold all the extra concert shirts from the local shows. Man I miss that place. The selection was unreal. I got my first band shirt there in '86, It was Ratt's "Dancing Undercover" album cover. I can't remember if there was anything on the back, though. They were probably only open til about 1990 or so. The last shirt I remember getting there was the Anthrax Judge Dredd. I gotta get that one again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wearing T-Shirt of Band at Their Concert: Cool? Lame?   Wearing T-Shirt of Band at Their Concert: Cool? Lame? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wearing T-Shirt of Band at Their Concert: Cool? Lame?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next