Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The 2015 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions

Go down 
+2
Lari
Required Fields
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28411

The 2015 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions Empty
PostSubject: The 2015 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions   The 2015 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2015 7:30 pm

EASTERN CONFERENCE

New York Rangers (1st place in Metropolitan Division) vs. Washington Capitals (2nd in Metropolitan Division)
The Rangers and Capitals meet each other in the playoffs for the fifth time in seven years (those two years they didn't meet, one of the two missed the playoffs; New York narrowly missed out on a playoff spot in 2010, and Washington just barely finished out of a playoff spot in 2014). The Rangers defeated the injury depleted Pittsburgh Penguins in the opening round in five games, defeating Pittsburgh for the second consecutive season (they defeated Pittsburgh in seven games in the second round in 2014). Washington defeated the New York Islanders in a hard fought seven game opening round. The Rangers won three of the four regular season meetings against the Capitals.
Prediction: New York Rangers in six games.

Montréal Canadiens (1st in Atlantic Division) vs. Tampa Bay Lightning (2nd in Atlantic Division)
The Canadiens and Lightning meet for the second year in the row in the playoffs. Last season, Montréal swept Tampa Bay in four straight in the opening round, getting revenge for their previous playoff meeting in 2004 (Tampa Bay swept Montréal in the second round of the 2004 playoffs en route to their first, and thus far only, Stanley Cup win). Tampa Bay hopes that the series will mirror the regular season, in which they won all five meetings against Montréal. The Canadiens have Vezina Trophy and Hart Trophy nominee Carey Price in nets, and hope he carries his fantastic goaltending from the regular season and opening round into the series.
Prediction: Montréal Canadiens in six games.

WESTERN CONFERENCE

Anaheim Ducks (1st in Pacific Division) vs. Calgary Flames (3rd in Pacific Division)
Having defeated the Vancouver Canucks in the opening round of the playoffs, the Calgary Flames have advanced beyond the opening round of the playoffs for the first time since 2004. They face the Anaheim Ducks, who swept the Winnipeg Jets in the opening round; Anaheim is the only team to sweep their opponent so far in the playoffs. Calgary have been winless in their last 20 games at the Honda Center (15 losses and 5 regulation ties). The two teams have met once in the playoffs; that was in 2006, a series in the opening round which Anaheim won in seven games.
Prediction: Calgary Flames in seven games.

Chicago Blackhawks (3rd in Central Division) vs. Minnesota Wild (1st wild card)
This is the third season in a row that the Blackhawks and Wild meet each other in the playoffs. In 2013, Chicago and Minnesota met in the opening round, and Chicago won five games and eventually went on to win the Stanley Cup. Last season, the two teams met in the second round, and Chicago won in six games. During the regular season, Chicago won the first three games, but Minnesota won the last two. Minnesota had Vezina Trophy nominee Devan Dubnyk in nets in the last two games. The Wild caught fire after acquiring Dubnyk from the Arizona Coyotes, and after a very solid first round, they hope Dubnyk keeps up his excellent play against the Blackhawks and that the third time will be the charm.
Prediction: Minnesota Wild in seven games.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6327

PostSubject: Re: The 2015 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions   The 2015 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2015 9:16 pm

Rangers over Capitals in 5

Rangers have the edge in D, goal, forward depth and playoff experience. The Caps really have nothing, except a couple of star players and a tight systems coach that can turn games around. My prediction is they'll take one, but lose in 5.

Lightning over Canadiens in 6
Bishop vs Price. I think Bishop ends up being the tougher nut to crack consistently. Habs will win 2/3 at home, but can't win on the road. Bolts in 6.

Ducks over Flames in 7
The Ducks aren't going to win the cup with Andersen as their goalie, but they are lucky to be in the Pacific division. A relatively easy match-up on paper. However, the Flames are an incredibly hard-working team with a couple of talented forwards, and that's enough to push this series to 7. But Anaheim will take it in the end. Only to lose to the...

Wild over Blackhawks in 5
I'm a Hawks fan, but the Wild were my pick to win it all before the playoffs started. I'll stick to it. The Wild will split in Chicago, then win at home, and close the series on the road.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: The 2015 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions   The 2015 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 11:36 pm

Bolts beat the Habs in OT.

Hawks and Wild duke it out, and it's been a game of two halves. 3-0 Hawks after one period. The Wild got knocked down, Dubnyk was exposed and it looked like an easy W for Chicago.

But it didn't take even ten minutes for the Wild to tie it up in the second. Then a fluky goal at the end makes it 4-3 Hawks again.

I expect the third period to be a war. Both teams have something to be happy about going in to the lockers. The Wild were down and out but crawled back in it and are now only down 1. Hawks got knocked the F*ck down in that second period, yet somehow managed to escape with a lead.

So far it's been 1 team / period, but I expect both teams to show up in the third.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: The 2015 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions   The 2015 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2015 11:43 am

You keep picking the 'hawks to lose, ok? It seems to help them.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: The 2015 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions   The 2015 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2015 7:34 pm

Well, that was just one game. A 4-1 series win for the Wild is still possible... Razz
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: The 2015 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions   The 2015 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2015 7:23 pm

It's possible but not likely.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: The 2015 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions   The 2015 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2015 9:29 pm

Bolts take both games in Montreal.

We're not there yet, but to me, a possible Rangers - Tampa Bay matchup seems legitimately like the best conference final, between the two best teams. And the storylines between these teams (trading St.Louis for Capt. Callahan), would help make it interesting too.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: The 2015 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions   The 2015 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2015 12:41 pm

So it's the Wild making a couple defensive errors and Chicago makes them pay. Hopefully this momentum sticks.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: The 2015 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions   The 2015 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2015 8:25 pm

Lari wrote:
Bolts take both games in Montreal.

We're not there yet, but to me, a possible Rangers - Tampa Bay matchup seems legitimately like the best conference final, between the two best teams. And the storylines between these teams (trading St.Louis for Capt. Callahan), would help make it interesting too.

The Canadiens sure got destroyed last night.

My mom's reaction to Don Cherry's outfit during Coach's Corner was priceless.

Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: The 2015 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions   The 2015 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2015 11:11 pm

Minnesota run is just about over. Down 0-3, facing the same team that beat them the last two years, no hope, no chance, deja vu all over again.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: The 2015 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions   The 2015 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2015 12:19 pm

The defenses played crazy last night. I'm seeing the 'hawks play with a lot of heart this series and Kane looks like he's in one of those zones.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: The 2015 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions   The 2015 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2015 10:00 pm

Wow, in the game between Tampa Bay and Montréal, Tampa Bay just scored with a second to go to take a 3-0 series lead.

Last edited by Required Fields on Fri May 08, 2015 10:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: The 2015 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions   The 2015 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2015 10:47 pm

CAPS!!!!!!

Plus love that song
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39465

PostSubject: Re: The 2015 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions   The 2015 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2015 8:42 am

I am not a Capitals fan by any stretch but they have been rather impressive, no ?
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: The 2015 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions   The 2015 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2015 1:24 pm

I still think the Rangers are gonna beat them.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: The 2015 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions   The 2015 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2015 2:10 pm

Lari wrote:

Caps have to lose the next three for that to Happen.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: The 2015 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions   The 2015 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2015 2:21 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Lari wrote:

Rare but not impossible. Though I doubt this will be the case.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: The 2015 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions   The 2015 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2015 3:51 pm

007 wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
Lari wrote:

I seriously doubt it to.... Caps got this one \m/
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: The 2015 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions   The 2015 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2015 5:11 pm

I am fully aware of the what the situation is. But I have them pretty close to even now, when it comes to odds of advancing. The Rangers are just that much better. It's been small margins so far that decided these games, and the Caps got a bit of puck luck too. If the Rangers just play up to their level, it won't be as close, and three consecutive wins is certainly within reach. They were down 3-1 last year against a better team, the Penguins. 2013 the Hawks were down 3-1 against the Red Wings.
Back to top Go down
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: The 2015 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions   The 2015 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2015 3:07 pm

Hawks are sooooo goood! Cannot see the cup slipping away from them out of the remaining 5. And, yes, I HATE saying that.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: The 2015 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions   The 2015 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2015 7:14 pm

Down goes Sissy.
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: The 2015 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions   The 2015 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2015 8:53 am

That's just hurtful, Lari.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: The 2015 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions   The 2015 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2015 1:08 pm

Kick 'em when they're down....
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: The 2015 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions   The 2015 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2015 5:29 am

thejokeriv wrote:
007 wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
Lari wrote:

I seriously doubt it to.... Caps got this one \m/

It's going to be the Rangers. Come from behind to tie it up 3-3. Table is now set for them. The better team was always going to win this.

Well, I guess if they can't pull off one more win to complete the comeback, they were never the better team to begin with. But you get my point. They have better material and depth. Probably the best top 4 d-men in the league, together with a pretty damn good goalie. And some star power up front too. A tough team to beat 4 times.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: The 2015 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions   The 2015 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2015 8:34 am

Yeah, The Caps gotta be sweating. All the pressure is on them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The 2015 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions   The 2015 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The 2015 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next