Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Record Store Day 2015 ROXX!

Go down 
+6
chewie
kyleblack
Gilbert
kethdredd
ultmetal
BillRoxx
10 posters
AuthorMessage
BillRoxx
Metal master
Metal master
BillRoxx

Number of posts : 976

Record Store Day 2015 ROXX! Empty
PostSubject: Record Store Day 2015 ROXX!   Record Store Day 2015 ROXX! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2015 2:18 pm

Record Store Day 2015 and this could be your last chance to pick up the Deliverance and Ultimatum vinyls! TODAY & TOMORROW ONLY! In honor of RSD take 20% off the whole store when you use code RSD-2015

Deliverance - Weapons vinyl is down to the very last 10 copies so if you have not got it yet help us clear the shelves! Also the last 8 copies of Ultimatum on GREEN vinyl will be gone forever!

Pick them up at the largest discount on these vinyls we have given! And help us clear the shelves to make room for new vinyl from Mortification, Recon and WonRowe Vision this summer!

www.roxxproductions.com

PS: Let's use this thread to share your RSD finds this weekend? What did you find?
Back to top Go down
http://www.roxxproductions.com
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Record Store Day 2015 ROXX!   Record Store Day 2015 ROXX! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2015 6:09 pm

No record store day here. Stupid New Mexico. Can't wait to move.

Metal master
Metal master
kethdredd

Number of posts : 559

PostSubject: Re: Record Store Day 2015 ROXX!   Record Store Day 2015 ROXX! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2015 10:06 pm

I'm hoping to pick up the Blackberry Smoke 10", other than that, nothing really interested me.

According to the website, these stores in NM participate:

P Charley's 33's & CD's Albuquerque, NM VISIT WEBSITE
P Mecca Records Albuquerque, NM VISIT WEBSITE
P Eyeconik Records & Apparel Las Cruces, NM VISIT WEBSITE
P Guy In The Groove Santa Fe, NM VISIT WEBSITE
P The Good Stuff - Cafe Vinyl Santa Fe, NM VISIT WEBSITE
P Magnetic Music Taos, NM VISIT WEBSITE
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9889

PostSubject: Re: Record Store Day 2015 ROXX!   Record Store Day 2015 ROXX! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2015 7:23 am

ultmetal wrote:

no interesting metal shops there? Might be heading there in a few months for a conference.
Back to top Go down
kyleblack
Metal student
Metal student
kyleblack

Number of posts : 159

PostSubject: Re: Record Store Day 2015 ROXX!   Record Store Day 2015 ROXX! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2015 7:10 pm

Gohastings has $3.99 used CD's plus buy 2 get 1 free. Still some good deals to be had. http://www.gohastings.com/browse/MUSIC/Ns/p_rank/Ne/2455/N/2457+4294929392+2600/departmentName/MUSIC.uts?utm_source=HS_Eblast_RSD_04162015_399CDs&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=RSD

Last edited by kyleblack on Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Record Store Day 2015 ROXX!   Record Store Day 2015 ROXX! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2015 7:11 pm

Gilbert wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

no interesting metal shops there? Might be heading there in a few months for a conference.

One. Charlie's Records and Tapes, but according to them they get the shaft from the record store day people because they are just an independent store.

Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Record Store Day 2015 ROXX!   Record Store Day 2015 ROXX! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2015 10:38 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Gilbert wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

One. Charlie's Records and Tapes, but according to them they get the shaft from the record store day people because they are just an independent store.

But I thought that was the point of RSD?

I didn't get any new releases, though I did ponder getting the Metallica cassette. I mostly bought stuff from the record swap out in front of the store.

swap meet:
Blind Lemon Jefferson - Early Blues $10
Speedway Blvd - Self titled $2
Air Raid - Self titled $2

Dimple:
Jude Cole - Self titled $2
LRB - Get Lucky $2

Esoteric:
Freddie Hubbard - Polar AC $1
Beatles - 1962-1966 Red Album $10 (Got this to go with the Blue album that I have had since the mid-80's)
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: Record Store Day 2015 ROXX!   Record Store Day 2015 ROXX! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2015 7:47 am

see next post, edited

Last edited by mikeinfla on Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: Record Store Day 2015 ROXX!   Record Store Day 2015 ROXX! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2015 7:49 am

ultmetal wrote:
Gilbert wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

I find that very odd because we have ONE store here too, in fact they shut down for a while and re-opened on Saturday. I did pick up Hendrix Purple Haze/Freedom 7 inch but nothing else. The place is dang small, I have been to garage sales with more vinyl. When they first opened they were open 24/7 and were a coffee/vinyl shop. Then for a month they shutdown and relocated.

Record Store Day 2015 ROXX! Vinyl-Press-Featured-620x330

This is the first location. The new one is even smaller with 80% of inventory dollar records. Last month (at the original location picutured above) I found Kingdom Come's debut and Ted Nugent Weekend Warriors in the dollar bin.

But Sat I grabbed the Hendrix 7 inch. Is number 155 out of ???

I find it hard to believe if MY small town can have a RSD at an independant store then why can't yours?

The only disheartening thing about the place was the sight of all these "toys" that ruin records:

Record Store Day 2015 ROXX! 934738_425836047568316_2413429965932241565_n
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Record Store Day 2015 ROXX!   Record Store Day 2015 ROXX! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2015 8:54 am

I don't know. Perhaps things have changed. I didn't go this year, so who knows? I'm just judging from what they said last year.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Record Store Day 2015 ROXX!   Record Store Day 2015 ROXX! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2015 10:45 am

I picked up RUSH 2112 180gram hologram edition on vinyl new on record store day  headbanger

ULT wrote:

So where are you moving too...
Back to top Go down
dirtracin1
Metal student
Metal student
dirtracin1

Number of posts : 140

PostSubject: Re: Record Store Day 2015 ROXX!   Record Store Day 2015 ROXX! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2015 8:13 pm

Wanted the Metallica cassette and the Blackberry Smoke vinyl but the two local shop were sold out by the time I was able to get out. Saw plenty of greedy people trying to get 35.00 to 60.00 dollars for the Metallica on ebay though. Don't want it that badly, especially when it was originally around 10.00.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Record Store Day 2015 ROXX!   Record Store Day 2015 ROXX! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2015 8:30 pm

I went up to a Newbury's early, I didn't really care to get the RSD exclusives but rather take advantage of the buy 2 get 1 free sale. I grabbed:

Accept - Stampede (Deluxe w/ DVD)
Thin Lizzy - Fighting (2 CD Deluxe)
TNT - Live with the Trondheim Symphony Orchestra (CD/DVD) This was the free one!

Saturday was the wife's 30th birthday so I couldn't spend as much time or money as I wanted to. We took off to a B+B for a few days and a had a big party at the house on Friday night. It was great to see so many people out and shopping and talking music. I actually made their facebook page. Ha!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Record Store Day 2015 ROXX!   Record Store Day 2015 ROXX! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Record Store Day 2015 ROXX!
Page 1 of 1