Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Record Store Day 2014

Go down 
+8
ultmetal
Gilbert
exact33
exanimate
Fat Freddy
mikeinfla
Eyesore
BillRoxx
12 posters
AuthorMessage
BillRoxx
Metal master
Metal master
BillRoxx

Number of posts : 976

Record Store Day 2014 Empty
PostSubject: Record Store Day 2014   Record Store Day 2014 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2014 4:34 pm

Haven't seen anyone post here on this yet, unless I missed it. But did anyone out there participate this year? If so share your new items and a little about the venue(s) you went to and this years experience.

OK I will start, I was lucky enough to have a friend and his family in line at 4am, while I strolled up at 6:30am with coffee and donuts to get in line with him Smile This was the first stop at Rhino Records in Claremont California, which is probably the biggest indie store out here aside from Amoeba Records in LA but that place is a mad house! I also went to a smaller local store where I know the owner to support his efforts there as well! Kaos Records in Covina California.

Picked this up at Rhino Records...

7" Clutch / Lioness (Split) (#466 of 3000)
7" Nirvana 'Pennyroyal Tea' (Pressing of 6000)
7" Pantera / Poison Idea 'The Badge' (Side by Side Rhino Series) purple vinyl
7" Marty Balin 'Hearts' (LOL, this was a freebie for coming in)

10" Machine Head 'Killers & Kings' High Priestess Cover (1 of 4 alternate covers) 1000 pressed of each cover

12" August Burns Red 'Thrill Seeker' Gold Vinyl Only 900 Pressed
12" Springsteen ' American Beauty' 4 new and previously unreleased tracks
12" Motorhead 'Aftershock' Picture Disc #2219 of 4500
12" Slipknot 'Vol III' 2LP Clear vinyl

Back to top Go down
http://www.roxxproductions.com
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Record Store Day 2014   Record Store Day 2014 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2014 4:41 pm

I found not one thing I wanted this year. =)
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: Record Store Day 2014   Record Store Day 2014 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2014 5:10 pm

I had to work so I missed it  Evil or Very Mad 
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: Record Store Day 2014   Record Store Day 2014 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2014 7:02 pm

I missed it (as usual)...I don't collect vinyl so the RSD "exclusives" don't really interest me, but I would like visit a record store on RSD one of these years, just to have some fun and soak up some music nerd vibe.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
exanimate
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 46

PostSubject: Re: Record Store Day 2014   Record Store Day 2014 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2014 8:20 pm

I went to 3 local shops. I got in line at 6am at Sullivan's Records in Charleston, WV and was the first in line with a friend. By the time the doors opened at 9am, there were close to a hundred people in line. Picked up the Clutch/Lionize 7" and the Crosses 10"s. Also grabbed an autographed Nasty Savage album.

Next, we went over to Budget Tapes and Records also in Charleston WV. Again, we were first in line, as he didn't open till 10am. I picked up the David Bowie picture disc, Cure/Dinosaur Jr. 7" and Pantera/Poison Idea 7".

Then I went back home to Huntington WV to Now Hear This. I picked up Opeth - "Watershed", Karma To Burn and Joan Jett.

Managed to get everything that I wanted except the Dinosaur Jr. Boxset, but I have a friend that found one for me at Amoeba in LA.
Back to top Go down
http://instagram.com/jbeter
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Record Store Day 2014   Record Store Day 2014 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2014 8:46 pm

I wanted the Machine Head single, the Veruca Salt single, the Mazzy Star single, and the Katatonia EP. Those are the ones I really wanted, but I was also going to price the Nirvana single, the Clutch split, the Green Day CD, the Sam Roberts Band single, and the Garbage single.

And they were all gone. Pffft!
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Record Store Day 2014   Record Store Day 2014 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2014 8:57 pm

I ordered some stuff from tribunal Records:

BRETT WALKER - Nevertheless
ELECTRIC AGE – Electric Age
FORTE - Invictus
ERADIKATOR – Dystopia
SLAMMER - The Work Of Idle Hands

Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9889

PostSubject: Re: Record Store Day 2014   Record Store Day 2014 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2014 6:46 am

Not familiar with such event around here. How does it take place? Are all stores involved? Do you get special discounts...?
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Record Store Day 2014   Record Store Day 2014 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2014 1:49 pm

There were a few that were advertised that were not actually released for RSD. I was sort of bummed that the Rainbow and Alice Cooper LPs weren't released

● Alice Cooper - Live at Montreux 2005 (140g white vinyl 2xLP )

● Deep Purple - Made in Japan "Black Night" (live in Osaka)/"Woman from Tokyo" (2x7-inch)

● Hawkwind - Church of Hawkwind (180g clear vinyl 2xLP)

● Motörhead - Motörhead (180g white vinyl 2xLP)

● Motörhead - What's Words Worth (Live 1978) (180g red vinyl LP)

● Rainbow - Rockplast 195 - Black Masquerade (140g red vinyl 3xLP)

● Testament - Live in London (180g red vinyl 2xLP)

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7613

PostSubject: Re: Record Store Day 2014   Record Store Day 2014 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2014 7:07 pm

There was really nothing released this year that I was interested in.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Record Store Day 2014   Record Store Day 2014 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 10:14 am

There was a bunch I was interested in. I received Frank Zappa - Don't Eat the Yellow Snow (7"), Machine Head - Killers & Kings (10") and Motorhead - Aftershock (12" picture disc).  headbanger 

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

Number of posts : 1598

PostSubject: Re: Record Store Day 2014   Record Store Day 2014 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 11:28 am

Sadly, I have yet to encounter an RSD exclusive that appealed, and the stores I tend to frequent are BONKERS during these events, so I steer clear. The real draw for me is browsing and finding things I wasn't necessarily looking for, which the crowds kind of mess up.

What I would have liked to see if I lived closer is Robert Trujillo doing an in-store presentation and Q&A at the Soundgarden in Baltimore for his doc on Jaco Pastorius. That would have been awesome, but I'm sure it was a total monkey house if you weren't waiting at the door from closing time the previous day.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Record Store Day 2014   Record Store Day 2014 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2014 10:59 am

BillRoxx wrote:
12" Springsteen ' American Beauty' 4 new and previously unreleased tracks

I didn't actually get out on RSD, but I did buy the MP3 of this. Excellent material.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25900

PostSubject: Re: Record Store Day 2014   Record Store Day 2014 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2014 8:44 pm

I didn't get to participate this year. But I did want to get a copy of Mastodon's Live At Brixton and the Katatonia ep.

I did snag the Mastodon off of ebay on Wednesday.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Record Store Day 2014   Record Store Day 2014 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Record Store Day 2014
Page 1 of 1