Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cold-blooded murder for $20 n change...

Go down 
+5
mr.electric39
chewie
Fat Freddy
Eyesore
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

Cold-blooded murder for $20 n change... Empty
PostSubject: Cold-blooded murder for $20 n change...   Cold-blooded murder for $20 n change... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2015 7:42 pm

One of my fav "hair metal" tunes ever.

Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Cold-blooded murder for $20 n change...   Cold-blooded murder for $20 n change... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2015 7:45 pm

That entire album is killer. Every cut, even "Sally Danced," is great. Nothing Sacred isn't a bad follow-up either.
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: Cold-blooded murder for $20 n change...   Cold-blooded murder for $20 n change... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2015 7:48 pm

I even dig American Blitzkrieg. Very under-appreciated band.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37670

PostSubject: Re: Cold-blooded murder for $20 n change...   Cold-blooded murder for $20 n change... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2015 7:48 pm

Love that band/album. Great live band too, saw them twice when they were supporting the debut.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Cold-blooded murder for $20 n change...   Cold-blooded murder for $20 n change... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2015 10:12 pm

UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS wrote:
I even dig American Blitzkrieg.   Very under-appreciated band.

Oh yeah, that's a good one. Not as good as the first two, but no slouch, either. "Sinking in the Sand," "Magic Mary," "The Sky's Falling"—great tunes. Pretty weak mix on that one, though. =(

And they played a local club called Derringer's when I was a teenager. As far as I recall it was an 18+ show, but I did see the band strolling around Westgate Mall wearing their Babylon A.D. jackets. I was way too shy to say anything to them, though.

Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Cold-blooded murder for $20 n change...   Cold-blooded murder for $20 n change... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2015 10:20 pm

Oh, and this might be of interest to some of you:

New live album just released or soon to be.

And then there was this from last year:

I don't have a lot of interest in the live album, but this EP is really good. The three unreleased demos are much closer in style to the first two albums than American Blitzkrieg. The re-recording of "Bang Go the Bells" is just meh. You can't top the original.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Cold-blooded murder for $20 n change...   Cold-blooded murder for $20 n change... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2015 12:49 am

Always dug that first album!
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: Cold-blooded murder for $20 n change...   Cold-blooded murder for $20 n change... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2015 1:53 am

From the San Francisco Bay Area... when they hit I was really listening to heavier stuff... but as a matter of fact they're playing or just played a small show in San Leandro, Ca.... in the heart of the bay.... Local band Gypsy Flight is opening for them...
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3182

PostSubject: Re: Cold-blooded murder for $20 n change...   Cold-blooded murder for $20 n change... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2015 9:58 am

I heard this song first...
and always thought - it could of been about the same culprit.
And even Skid Row's "18 and Life " song -
Saints and Sinners " Slippin' Into Darkness" same theme - same name - Billy -
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25944

PostSubject: Re: Cold-blooded murder for $20 n change...   Cold-blooded murder for $20 n change... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2015 5:19 pm

That first album should have made Babylon A.D. a huge band. Nothing Sacred was really good,too.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Cold-blooded murder for $20 n change...   Cold-blooded murder for $20 n change... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2015 8:55 pm

mr.electric39 wrote:

From the San Francisco Bay Area... when they hit I was really listening to heavier stuff... but as a matter of fact they're playing or just played a small show in San Leandro, Ca.... in the heart of the bay.... Local band Gypsy Flight is opening for them...

They played in Niles(Fremont), CA a lot as well. I just didn't want to go to a biker bar to see them. Smile
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Cold-blooded murder for $20 n change...   Cold-blooded murder for $20 n change... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2015 12:13 am

Glower wrote:

Ricky was a wild one, not Billy.
Back to top Go down
assault_attack
Metal master
Metal master
assault_attack

Number of posts : 689

PostSubject: Re: Cold-blooded murder for $20 n change...   Cold-blooded murder for $20 n change... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2015 1:07 am

Glower wrote:

These guys were a fun band. Saw them In San Jose & had a blast! The drummer must have been related to Keith Moon, lol!

I still have a free cassette we got that night.
Back to top Go down
assault_attack
Metal master
Metal master
assault_attack

Number of posts : 689

PostSubject: Re: Cold-blooded murder for $20 n change...   Cold-blooded murder for $20 n change... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2015 1:11 am

chewie wrote:
mr.electric39 wrote:

They played in Niles(Fremont), CA a lot as well. I just didn't want to go to a biker bar to see them. Smile

I use to go to Niles Station way back in the old days.. Even played there once.  Not that close but I did go there to check out bands.

One band I remember was Mad Anthony, Party band had a big following... The singer Rik use to be in a band that rehearsed at the same place my old band did, Willard Street musicians guild. Impressive name for a dump, lol!
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Cold-blooded murder for $20 n change...   Cold-blooded murder for $20 n change... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2015 7:01 pm

Awesome! This came on mix yesterday morning I made called "Sex, Drugs,... and Heavy Metal" right after Switchblade Serenade, while Heave's Edge starts of the disc. headbanger
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cold-blooded murder for $20 n change...   Cold-blooded murder for $20 n change... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cold-blooded murder for $20 n change...
Page 1 of 1