Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

45 Years Ago today: Black Sabbath releases Black Sabbath

Go down 
+8
Fat Freddy
Thelemech
manny
Wargod
Witchfinder
Boris2008
Glower
Required Fields
12 posters
AuthorMessage

45 Years Ago today:  Black Sabbath releases Black Sabbath Empty
PostSubject: 45 Years Ago today: Black Sabbath releases Black Sabbath   45 Years Ago today:  Black Sabbath releases Black Sabbath Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2015 3:50 pm

Happy 45th anniversary to Black Sabbath's groundbreaking debut album.  Easily one of the most influential albums in the history of rock and essentially the *big bang* of Heavy Metal.  This amazing album was recorded live in the studio in single day on an 8-track recorder and still sounds just as vibrant and alive 45 years later.  

45 Years Ago today:  Black Sabbath releases Black Sabbath 617NeBaWSiL

45 Years Ago today:  Black Sabbath releases Black Sabbath 09SABBATH1-superJumbo
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28414

PostSubject: Re: 45 Years Ago today: Black Sabbath releases Black Sabbath   45 Years Ago today:  Black Sabbath releases Black Sabbath Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2015 4:12 pm

45 Years Ago today:  Black Sabbath releases Black Sabbath 98219702Immortal-Birthday
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3163

PostSubject: Re: 45 Years Ago today: Black Sabbath releases Black Sabbath   45 Years Ago today:  Black Sabbath releases Black Sabbath Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2015 4:13 pm

My older brothers had this LP - not sure who's it was
I'd look at it - every now and then - obviously - among 50-60 LPs
then one day I played it - I was baffled by it for sure - it was that odd and far-out !
again, these multi-track studios - whatever - layering - blah blah -
Another great example of capturing the primative - known as rock-n-roll -
Anyone know the story about the woman in the photo ?
Classic LP cover - reflection off the water - autumn -
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: 45 Years Ago today: Black Sabbath releases Black Sabbath   45 Years Ago today:  Black Sabbath releases Black Sabbath Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2015 4:15 pm

What can be said about this one, other than

humble
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: 45 Years Ago today: Black Sabbath releases Black Sabbath   45 Years Ago today:  Black Sabbath releases Black Sabbath Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2015 4:18 pm

Glower wrote:

Anyone know the story about the woman in the photo ?

I've heard that people have tried to find out who she was and failed, I have no idea if it's true though. Probably my favorite album cover ever (just ahead of To Mega Therion)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 45 Years Ago today: Black Sabbath releases Black Sabbath   45 Years Ago today:  Black Sabbath releases Black Sabbath Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2015 4:20 pm

According to my Mother I started hearing this album when I was about a month old. The album was released in Feb in the UK but didn't come out until September in the states (I was born the month before in August). My Father picked it up as a new release and played it constantly. My Mother said I was tapping my fingers in time with this album when I was 3 months old.

BLACK SABBATH BABY! headbanger
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: 45 Years Ago today: Black Sabbath releases Black Sabbath   45 Years Ago today:  Black Sabbath releases Black Sabbath Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2015 4:30 pm

Just been reading Lester Bangs review of the album for Rolling Stone, which just goes to show that even before I was born, Rolling Stone didn't have a clue and Lester Bangs was a Kvnt!

Over across the tracks in the industrial side of Cream country lie unskilled laborers like Black Sabbath, which was hyped as a rockin' ritual celebration of the Satanic mass or some such claptrap, something like England's answer to Coven. Well, they're not that bad, but that's about all the credit you can give them. The whole album is a shuck — despite the murky songtitles and some inane lyrics that sound like Vanilla Fudge paying doggerel tribute to Aleister Crowley, the album has nothing to do with spiritualism, the occult, or anything much except stiff recitations of Cream clichés that sound like the musicians learned them out of a book, grinding on and on with dogged persistence. Vocals are sparse, most of the album being filled with plodding bass lines over which the lead guitar dribbles wooden Claptonisms from the master's tiredest Cream days. They even have discordant jams with bass and guitar reeling like velocitized speedfreaks all over each other's musical perimeters yet never quite finding synch — just like Cream! But worse. Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/albumreviews/black-sabbath-19700917#ixzz3Rf9Z3pSZ Follow us: @rollingstone on Twitter | RollingStone on Facebook wrote:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 45 Years Ago today: Black Sabbath releases Black Sabbath   45 Years Ago today:  Black Sabbath releases Black Sabbath Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2015 4:31 pm

Cover location: Mapledurham Mill, Oxfordshire England.

45 Years Ago today:  Black Sabbath releases Black Sabbath _MG_9086
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7608

PostSubject: Re: 45 Years Ago today: Black Sabbath releases Black Sabbath   45 Years Ago today:  Black Sabbath releases Black Sabbath Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2015 4:31 pm

headbanger birthday
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: 45 Years Ago today: Black Sabbath releases Black Sabbath   45 Years Ago today:  Black Sabbath releases Black Sabbath Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2015 7:15 pm

The birth of HEAVY METAL.

Wargod
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: 45 Years Ago today: Black Sabbath releases Black Sabbath   45 Years Ago today:  Black Sabbath releases Black Sabbath Icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2015 7:26 am

Love the album, 'nuff said
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

PostSubject: Re: 45 Years Ago today: Black Sabbath releases Black Sabbath   45 Years Ago today:  Black Sabbath releases Black Sabbath Icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2015 1:32 pm

S.D = Super Props !
Back to top Go down
Thelemech
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Thelemech

Number of posts : 4009

PostSubject: Re: 45 Years Ago today: Black Sabbath releases Black Sabbath   45 Years Ago today:  Black Sabbath releases Black Sabbath Icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2015 1:39 pm

One of the best Rock/Metal albums of all time. And maybe the best debut by any Metal band.

headbanger cheers
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

PostSubject: Re: 45 Years Ago today: Black Sabbath releases Black Sabbath   45 Years Ago today:  Black Sabbath releases Black Sabbath Icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2015 1:41 pm

Bow down muthafuggas!!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9875

PostSubject: Re: 45 Years Ago today: Black Sabbath releases Black Sabbath   45 Years Ago today:  Black Sabbath releases Black Sabbath Icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2015 2:21 pm

humble
Back to top Go down
assault_attack
Metal master
Metal master
assault_attack

Number of posts : 688

PostSubject: Re: 45 Years Ago today: Black Sabbath releases Black Sabbath   45 Years Ago today:  Black Sabbath releases Black Sabbath Icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2015 5:16 pm

humble

Dam! The trees by the house grew a bit in the last 45 tears, lol
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: 45 Years Ago today: Black Sabbath releases Black Sabbath   45 Years Ago today:  Black Sabbath releases Black Sabbath Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2015 1:43 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
Just been reading Lester Bangs review of the album for Rolling Stone, which just goes to show that even before I was born, Rolling Stone didn't have a clue and Lester Bangs was a Kvnt!

That was one of the most difficult reading experiences of an album being reviewed ever. What a clueless douche-bag in all his hubris-tic glory.

I've played this Sabbath album more than all the others for sure. It'll still be bad-ass 45 years from now.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39472

PostSubject: Re: 45 Years Ago today: Black Sabbath releases Black Sabbath   45 Years Ago today:  Black Sabbath releases Black Sabbath Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2015 5:25 pm

A great classic that has held up over the years. Love it !

GrandNational wrote:
What a clueless douche-bag in all his hubris-tic glory.

Status quo for Rolling Stone.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

PostSubject: Re: 45 Years Ago today: Black Sabbath releases Black Sabbath   45 Years Ago today:  Black Sabbath releases Black Sabbath Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2015 5:50 pm

One last word on this LP/CD - was visiting a great friend
( Black belt motorcycle rider )
and another great friend happened to be there too -
and we began drinking / bonding and chatting - ole times alive !
there - in his house basement - as his 14 year older looked on -
This guy puts on this CD - at first - I thought ehh...whatever -
1/2 way through, I was saying to myself - this CD IS a super metal classic -
even his kid - as he heard us sing some of the lyrics - casually -
or play air guitar perfectly - laughing -
while exchanging Black Sabbath stories -
his kid was amazed and went over
and began looking at the CD cover and inner writing - lol -
new generation fan made -
Back to top Go down
assault_attack
Metal master
Metal master
assault_attack

Number of posts : 688

PostSubject: Re: 45 Years Ago today: Black Sabbath releases Black Sabbath   45 Years Ago today:  Black Sabbath releases Black Sabbath Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2015 4:44 pm

S.D. wrote:
Cover location: Mapledurham Mill, Oxfordshire England.

45 Years Ago today:  Black Sabbath releases Black Sabbath _MG_9086

My new screen saver Smile  I doubt anybody will have a clue what they are looking at.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 45 Years Ago today: Black Sabbath releases Black Sabbath   45 Years Ago today:  Black Sabbath releases Black Sabbath Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

45 Years Ago today: Black Sabbath releases Black Sabbath
Page 1 of 1