Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2015

Go down 
+32
thejokeriv
Addy
bgsully
Lari
Hadley
Leatherface
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
muckie
journeyman
Shawn Of Fire
Infinite
chewie
the sentinel
kyleblack
choosemetal
James B.
DakotaRogers
corplhicks
Boris2008
Thelemech
Wargod
MetalGuy71
Eyesore
tohostudios
nevermore
Witchfinder
manny
Fat Freddy
ZombieHavoc
exact33
Required Fields
36 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 23 ... 36  Next
AuthorMessage
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2015 - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2015   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2015 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2015 8:41 pm

from SACD:

New Eden - Obscure Master Plan
Chemical Annihilation - Why Die CD/DVD
Narval - Narval
Magdallan - Big Bang

nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26035

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2015   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2015 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2015 9:10 pm

KISS - 40
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2015   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2015 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2015 10:42 pm

Latest:

Answer, The - New Horizon (EP) (Digital)
Evil Invaders - Pulses Of Pleasure
Moonspell - Extinct (CD/DVD w/Bonus Tracks)
White Wizzard - The Devil's Cut
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2015   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2015 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2015 10:43 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Went back to the thrift store today to see if there were any more metal pickin's left behind after my last haul... only found one this time...

Biohazard - Kill Or Be Killed

...unfortunately, it sucks. Downtuned, nu-metal crap. Bleah. Oh well, it was only a buck.

That is by far their worst album. It's been ages since I listened to it, but I remember really disliking it. And I love Biohazard. That album, though, is a mess.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37694

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2015   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2015 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2015 8:37 am

Eyesore wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Went back to the thrift store today to see if there were any more metal pickin's left behind after my last haul... only found one this time...

...unfortunately, it sucks. Downtuned, nu-metal crap. Bleah. Oh well, it was only a buck.

That is by far their worst album. It's been ages since I listened to it, but I remember really disliking it. And I love Biohazard. That album, though, is a mess.

I've never been more than a casual Biohazard fan... but I picked up Urban Discipline and State of the World Address at the same shop recently and I like those just fine. With Kill or Be Killed though, I got about as far as the third track and said "F*ck this thing," haha. I didn't even bother making space for it in my CD rack. Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2015   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2015 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2015 3:18 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

I've never been more than a casual Biohazard fan... but I picked up Urban Discipline and State of the World Address at the same shop recently and I like those just fine. With Kill or Be Killed though, I got about as far as the third track and said "F*ck this thing," haha. I didn't even bother making space for it in my CD rack. Laughing very hard

If you liked those, you should definitely like their other albums aside from Uncivilization, which, style-wise, is most similar to Kill Or Be Killed. It has much better songs, though.

Means To An End and Reborn In Defiance, especially the latter, are probably the closest they've come to those early albums. Reborn In Defiance sounds like it could have come out after Urban Discipline. Same lineup.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37694

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2015   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2015 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2015 6:57 pm

Twisted Sister - Under The Blade (special edition CD/DVD)
...$3.99 online from Best Buy. Can't beat that with a stick.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2015   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2015 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2015 7:51 pm

Ilium - Misanthropia
Rage - 21
Skinflint - Dipoko
Aska - Nine Tongues
Maltese Falcon - II
Attick Demons - Atlantis
Metal Law - Lawbreaker
Space Vacation - Heart Attack
V.A. - New Found Power
Black N Blue - Taste My Attack
Dark Angel - Live Scars
Alltheniko - Back In 2066
Reign Of Fury - Death Be Thy Shepherd
Salem's Lott - S/T
Phoenix Rising - MMXII
Nightmare - Cosmovision
Sonic Prophecy - Apocalyptic Promenade
Judicator - At The Expense of Humanity
Toledo Steel - Zero Hour
The Answer - Raise A Little Hell
Uriah Heep - Demons & Wizards
Perseus - The Mystic Hands Of Fate
UFO - A Conspiracy Of Stars
Evil Invaders - Pulses Of Pleasure vinyl
Europe - War Of Kings vinyl
Sinbreed - Shadows vinyl
Jorn - Symphonic vinyl
Iron Savior - Rise Of The Hero vinyl
La Chinga - La Chinga vinyl

Wargod
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7617

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2015   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2015 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2015 9:01 pm

Diamond Head - Singles - Jpn Import (obi)

BAT - Cruel Discipline - 7", red vinyl
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2015   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2015 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2015 11:33 am

Stopped by one of my old haunt's over the weekend (The Record Exchange) and picked up a few discs...

White Lion - Pride
White Lion - Return of the Pride
Shadow King - Shadow King

It's been awhile since I've been in the place and George, the owner, is in failing health. He lost alot of weight, his skin looked washed out and gray and his hair seemed gone. If I had to guess, I'd say he's got cancer and might be going through chemo treatments. I didn't even want those discs that much, but I felt bad for him and didn't want to walk out empty handed. Who knows if it's the the last time either one of us will be there. He always thanks me for stopping in and "remembering we're still here".

He's been in business for 30 years now (so says the sign out front), but when he goes, so does the business I'd guess. Every nook and cranny of the shop is packed with cds, vinyl and dvds. Lord knows what will happen to all that stuff when he's gone. I don't know him that well, but I've never heard him talk of wife or family. There is another old guy that hangs out there and helps out (Pat I think his name is), but he's no spring chicken himself. I don't see him running the shop.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26035

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2015   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2015 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2015 7:25 pm

Abysmal Dawn - Obsolescence
Armored Saint - Raising Fear
Enforcer - From Beyond
Hessian - Bachelor Of Black Arts
Massacre Machine - Blood Of Souls
Royal Thunder - Crooked Doors
Michael Schenker - Spirit On A Mission
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2015   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2015 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2015 7:52 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Stopped by one of my old haunt's over the weekend (The Record Exchange) and picked up a few discs...

White Lion - Pride

It's been awhile since I've been in the place and George, the owner, is in failing health. He lost alot of weight, his skin looked washed out and gray and his hair seemed gone. If I had to guess, I'd say he's got cancer and might be going through chemo treatments. I didn't even want those discs that much, but I felt bad for him and didn't want to walk out empty handed. Who knows if it's the the last time either one of us will be there. He always thanks me for stopping in and "remembering we're still here".

He's been in business for 30 years now (so says the sign out front), but when he goes, so does the business I'd guess. Every nook and cranny of the shop is packed with cds, vinyl and dvds. Lord knows what will happen to all that stuff when he's gone. I don't know him that well, but I've never heard him talk of wife or family. There is another old guy that hangs out there and helps out (Pat I think his name is), but he's no spring chicken himself. I don't see him running the shop.

It's sad. The old brick and mortar, ma & pa shops are fading into oblivion. I discovered a ton of bands by visiting those kinds of places; bands I never would have found any other way. Even with the internet, unless I hear something somewhere that makes me want to look up who's performing it, I won't find bands like I used to with the old "employee listening posts".

I could go on and on about the bands I found by either listening to employee posts or just talking to employees in record stores. The list is practically endless.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28493

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2015   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2015 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2015 8:26 pm

tohostudios wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

White Lion - Pride

It's sad.  The old brick and mortar, ma & pa shops are fading into oblivion.  I discovered a ton of bands by visiting those kinds of places; bands I never would have found any other way.  Even with the internet, unless I hear something somewhere that makes me want to look up who's performing it, I won't find bands like I used to with the old "employee listening posts".  

I could go on and on about the bands I found by either listening to employee posts or just talking to employees in record stores.  The list is practically endless.

I'm not as old as you are, but I know how you feel. I am one of the few in my age group around here who still buys CDs. I hope that one day there will be more people buying physical copies of music again, but those days are fading at the speed of light. Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2015   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2015 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2015 9:11 pm

Armored Saint - March of the Saint (Chrysalis Records release)
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2015   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2015 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2015 12:11 am

Latest:

7th Rail Crew - Sevenation (EP)
Healing Sixes - Bluejay
Rollins Band - Do It
Rollins Band - Life Time
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2015   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2015 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2015 3:34 pm

Today:

Nightwish - Highest Hopes: The Best Of Nightwish
Royal Hunt - X (w/Bonus Track)
Tesseract - Concealing Fate (EP)
Tesseract - Perspective (EP)
Various Artists - Sound Check No. 85
Wobbler - Rites At Dawn
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2015   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2015 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2015 9:31 pm

Twisted Sister - Under The Blade - Special Edition CD & DVD
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2015   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2015 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2015 10:35 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
Armored Saint - March of the Saint (Chrysalis Records release)

headbanger
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2015   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2015 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2015 3:41 pm

Recent pick ups:

CD
Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden
Allen Lande - The Showdown
Maxx Explosion - Dirty Angels
Eden's Curse - Eden's Curse
Winger - Karma
Winger - IV
Pretty Maids - Spooked
Pretty Maids - Scream
Yngwie Malmsteen - Facing The Animal (Japan pressing)
Whitesnake - Restless Heart
Black Sabbath - Headless Cross
U2 - Songs Of Innocence (2CD)
House Of Lords - Cartesian Dreams
Ted Poley - Collateral Damage
Toto - Mindfields
Journey - Red 13
Pink Cream 69 - In10sity
Badlands - Badlands
Def Leppard - Viva! Hysteria (CD/DVD)

DVD
Kansas - Device Voice Drum
Heaven & Hell - Live @ RCMH

Vinyl
Kansas - Vinyl Confessions
Styx - Caught In The Act
Styx - Paradise Theater
Styx - Pieces Of Eight
Styx - The Grand Illusion
Lou Gramm - Ready Or Not
Foreigner - Inside Information
Zebra - No Tellin' Lies
John Waite - No Brakes
Whitesnake - Slide It In
Little River Band - Playing To Win
Guiffria - Silk + Steel
Toto - Hydra
Toto - Toto

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2015   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2015 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2015 4:10 pm

MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2015 - Page 11 Manilla_road_voyager
MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2015 - Page 11 1243945918_large
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2015   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2015 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2015 4:42 pm

Butterfield Blues Band - The Paul Butterfield Blues Band
Butterfield Blues Band - East-West

Metal student
Metal student
Infinite

Number of posts : 169

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2015   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2015 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2015 7:42 pm

Karyn Crisis- Gospel of the Witches
Riverdogs- S/T
Riverdogs- On Air
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2015   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2015 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2015 8:11 pm

MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2015 - Page 11 Visceral_Throne_-_Omnipotent_Asperity
Back to top Go down
Thelemech
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Thelemech

Number of posts : 4009

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2015   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2015 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2015 8:42 pm

Grind Bastard - Benediction
Killing Music - Benediction
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2015   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2015 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2015 9:21 am

Cauldron - Tomorrows Lost
Anvil - Plugged in Permanent
Sonata Artica - Pariahs Child
Fates Warning - No Exit
Fates Warning - Parallels
Pretty Maids - Red, Hot And Heavy
Tangent, The – III: A Place In The Queue (ltd. 2 CD digi)
Rebellion (Grave Digger) - Miklagard - The History Of The Vikings Volume II

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2015   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2015 - Page 11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2015
Page 11 of 36Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 23 ... 36  Next