Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2014

Go down 
+34
DeathCult
the sentinel
brokentulsa
Thrasher73
Leatherface
Shawn Of Fire
Metal Misfit
kyleblack
DallasBlack
thejokeriv
springozzy
Lari
DakotaRogers
mr.electric39
Locky
MetallicSeminarian
asgard1980
chewie
Witchfinder
exact33
ultmetal
Runicen
MetalGuy71
ZombieHavoc
Required Fields
tohostudios
Boris2008
nevermore
Fat Freddy
manny
Wargod
Eyesore
corplhicks
38 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2014 Empty
PostSubject: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2014   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2014 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2014 8:42 pm

Poor baby eyesore.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2014   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2014 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 7:08 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Huge haul from Stormspell Records!

Ancient Empire - When Empires Fall
Axecutor - Aggressive Extermination (EP)
Black Sachbak - No Pay No Pain
Chalice - Demo Anthology: Live & Rare
Cloven Altar - Cloven Altar (EP)
Economist/Sudden Darkness - Fear Of Reality: Anthology (2CD)
Fallen Order - The Age Of Kings (EP)
Forgotten - Disciple - Last Train To Heaven
Gentry Lord - Signals From The Mystiverse (EP)
Gladius - Age Of Barbarism
Hot Fog - Secret Phantasies Of The Dragon Sun
Illogicist - Subjected
Ordained Fate - Demo Anthology
Outer Limits, The - World Metal Domination
R.O.X.X. - Blind In Vegas (2CD)
Skeptor - United We Stand...Together We Fall
Starblind - Darkest Horrors
Steel Horse - In The Storm (w/Bonus Track)
Stressball - Stressball
Transport League - Grand Amputation (EP)
Various Artists - Crash Music: Smashed Vol. 1
Wrath - Mutants (2CD/DVD)

Did you just send him your credit card number with the message "One of everything, please!"
 Laughing 

Pretty much.  lol! 

Although with the sale prices it wasn't that expensive. And some of those are freebies Iordan tossed in for keeping him in business another year. Haha.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2014   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2014 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 8:09 pm

Ancient Empire - When Empires Fall
Cloven Altar - Cloven Altar
Tungsten Axe - Swedish Iron
Hot Fog - Secret Phantasies Of The Dragon Sun
Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers - Hypnotic Eye, (rock)
Fallen Order - The Age Of Kings, I have the band release and the Stormspell release now.

Wargod
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2014   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2014 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 10:25 pm

Aerosmith- E. Rutherford, New Jersey 11-10-05 ( Bootleg DVD)
Aerosmith- Live At Woodstock '94 (Bootleg DVD)
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2014   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2014 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2014 1:57 pm

Latest music additions:

Cattletruck - Bourbon And Black Crepe *
Distorted Harmony - Chain Reaction
John Lee Hooker - Chill Out *
Little America - Fairgrounds *
Shake Appeal - You're Too Rich *
Throwdown - Beyond Repair
Wargasm - Why Play Around? (Reissue) (Limited to 666)

* Thanks to Mr. Shiney.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2014   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2014 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 8:24 pm

Thrift store pickup for a buck:
Dixie Chicks - Taking the Long Way

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2014   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2014 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 10:20 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

Have you heard Natalie Maines's solo album? It's really good. It was co-written with Ben Harper, so it's more folk/rock than country (a style I despise), but it's a damn good album.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25801

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2014   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2014 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 11:15 pm

Found these at Goodwill for $1 apiece:

Metallica - Garage Days Re-Revisited
V/A - Saturday Morning Cartoon's Greatest Hits
Smashing Pumpkins - Gish
Jane's Addiction - Nothing's Shocking

At Best Buy:
Kix - Rock Your Face Off

At Manifest Discs:
Incubus - Beyond The Unknown/Serpent Temptation
The Toadies - Hell Below/Stars Above
Storyville - A Piece Of Your Soul
Huey Lewis And The News - Sports (vinyl)
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2014   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2014 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 11:36 pm

Had a great encounter at the Manteca Goodwill yesterday.

Skid Row - Slave to the Grind - OK so I already have this but what's remarkable here is that both GTFO and Beggar's Day are included, with the latter being denoted as a bonus track. Also the spine is in Japanese, so yup this is an import. Pretty cool to have a version with both tracks, and for a dollar!

Georgia Satellites - s/t
Tom Petty - Damn the Torpedos
Soundgarden - Badmotorfinger
Pearl Jam - Ten and Vs (to replaced my scratched up copies yeeha!)
Wilco - Summerteeth
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2014   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2014 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 2:29 am

Boris2008 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Absolute insanity but highly addictive.  La! la!! la!!! la!!!!  insane 

Or, shit.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2014   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2014 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 8:13 am

Eyesore wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Have you heard Natalie Maines's solo album? It's really good. It was co-written with Ben Harper, so it's more folk/rock than country (a style I despise), but it's a damn good album.

Nope, I'm not even a particularly big Dixie Chicks fan (my wife likes their earlier pop-country stuff, i.e. "Goodbye Earl") but this is the album with their post-backlash song "Not Ready To Make Nice" on it and I've always thought that was such a great "F**k You!" kind of song. Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2014   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2014 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 9:11 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Nope, I'm not even a particularly big Dixie Chicks fan (my wife likes their earlier pop-country stuff, i.e. "Goodbye Earl") but this is the album with their post-backlash song "Not Ready To Make Nice" on it and I've always thought that was such a great "F**k You!" kind of song. Very Happy

I actually dig that song, too. That and "The Thunder Rolls" are pretty much the only two country songs I dig.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2014   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2014 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 12:12 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Boris2008 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Or, shit.

Not a big fan then?  lol! 
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2014   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2014 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 5:15 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Boris2008 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Or, shit.

No, I think I hate it. I have liked pretty much everything Iordan has released through Stormspell, but this one...I don't know.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2014   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2014 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 5:24 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Boris2008 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Boris2008 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Or, shit.

No, I think I hate it. I have liked pretty much everything Iordan has released through Stormspell, but this one...I don't know.

I've got to admit, it's a surprising Stormspell record and it does sound like a satanic teletubby gangbang, (which should give Jerry Falwell something to moan about!  Laughing )but I have listened to it a few times as i can't help but respect someone who goes that far out there.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2014   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2014 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 6:42 pm

MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2014 612S-4SHeZL._SL500_AA280_

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28412

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2014   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2014 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 9:53 pm

The Overkill and Viking CDs I ordered arrived in the mail today.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2014   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2014 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 9:55 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

I actually dig that song, too. That and "The Thunder Rolls" are pretty much the only two country songs I dig.

I remember hearing someone call "The Thunder Rolls" the "most metal country song ever made" on another metal message board I post at.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2014   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2014 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2014 9:46 am

DakotaRogers wrote:
OH, while out of state, I discovered the splendors of Best Buy for the first time ever and managed to pick up Body Count's new album (amazing.) Was tempted to buy "Plagues of Babylon" too, but I passed on that.

Too bad you didn't discover Best Buy 10-12 years ago, man. Best Buy makes me sad now. Back then, they used to carry sooo much stuff.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2014   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2014 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2014 11:50 am

Required Fields wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

I remember hearing someone call "The Thunder Rolls" the "most metal country song ever made" on another metal message board I post at.

It is! I always said a metal band should cover that tune. Finally, one of my favorite "local" bands (they're from Maine) did.

Love these guys.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2014   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2014 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2014 1:23 pm

The Havok CD I ordered arrived in the mail today.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2014   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2014 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2014 2:50 pm

ZombieHavoc wrote:
DakotaRogers wrote:
OH, while out of state, I discovered the splendors of Best Buy for the first time ever and managed to pick up Body Count's new album (amazing.) Was tempted to buy "Plagues of Babylon" too, but I passed on that.

Too bad you didn't discover Best Buy 10-12 years ago, man. Best Buy makes me sad now. Back then, they used to carry sooo much stuff.

Their selection is getting smaller and smaller by the day. It's a shame because I do like the convenience of it, but I understand it's a business decision.

I mentioned this in another thread somewhere (possibly in the KIX thread), but I've noticed too that they only stock an extremely limited amounts of new releases (like 5 or 10 copies) and when they're gone, they're GONE. That new KIX album just came out this past Tuesday and when I went Wednesday night, I got one of 3 copies left. They did seem to have allot of the new Godsmack though  Razz 

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2014   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2014 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2014 2:54 pm

And now for some recent additions...

Briar - Take On The World (another overlooked NWOBHM band from the 80's)
Kix - Rock Your Face Off
Leatherwolf - Street Ready
Pink Floyd - Atom Heart Mother
Keith Richards - Talk Is Cheap
Salty Dog - Every Dog Has It's Day
Skid Row - Rise of the Damnation Army: Chapter 2 (w/bonus tracks)*
Smashed Gladys - Social Intercourse

*Does anyone else notice that the words "bonus tracks" is seemingly getting thrown around allot lately without justification? As far as I can tell, the new Skid Row ep is ONLY available with the 2 bonus tracks. What exactly are they a "bonus" to if they aren't exclusive?

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

Number of posts : 1598

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2014   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2014 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2014 3:49 pm

Best Buy actually surprised me a year or so back when the Zappa catalog got a full reissue. They actually stocked EVERYTHING. Talk about unexpected.

That said, they never bothered to restock anything, but it was still a sign that someone was home.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25801

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2014   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2014 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2014 4:10 pm

Wo Fat - The Conjuring
October 31 - Bury The Hatchet
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2014   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2014 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2014
Page 1 of 17Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next