Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

NLTM Updated for December 2014

Go down 
+5
Vexer6
Required Fields
Gilbert
choosemetal
ultmetal
9 posters
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

NLTM Updated for December 2014 Empty
PostSubject: NLTM Updated for December 2014   NLTM Updated for December 2014 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2014 1:02 pm

http://www.nolifetilmetal.com/updates.htm

Metal master
Metal master
choosemetal

Number of posts : 757

PostSubject: Re: NLTM Updated for December 2014   NLTM Updated for December 2014 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2014 2:36 pm

Autopsy are a Californian death metal band. Chuck actually came to CA to play with Chris if my memory serves me right.
Back to top Go down
http://wwwtotalmetal.blogspot.com/
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9888

PostSubject: Re: NLTM Updated for December 2014   NLTM Updated for December 2014 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2014 5:01 pm

great reviews. wanna check brainstorm's firesoul, hopefully soon.

one small typo error in reviewing hammerfall's r revolution. infected came out in 2011 not 2001.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28454

PostSubject: Re: NLTM Updated for December 2014   NLTM Updated for December 2014 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2014 7:16 pm

choosemetal wrote:
Autopsy are a Californian death metal band. Chuck actually came to CA to play with Chris if my memory serves me right.

Chris Reifert was originally in Death, who were from Florida, before leaving to form Autopsy, who are based in Oakland, California.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: NLTM Updated for December 2014   NLTM Updated for December 2014 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2014 9:23 pm

Awesome, your updates are always worth the wait.

Gotta disagree with you on Lee Aaron's 1987 album though, "Powerline" is my all-time favorite song of hers, I also quite like the ballads and do not think they are vomit-inducing in the least. Also disagree on Fastway, I think all of their post-All Fired Up output has been great, I especially liked Waiting for the Roar.

The Quireboys page is still kinda messed up, it's slightly off-center and as such some words are cut off by the edge of the screen.

Glad i'm not the only one who prefers pre-Cowboys Pantera over everything else they've done.
Back to top Go down
choosemetal
Metal master
Metal master
choosemetal

Number of posts : 757

PostSubject: Re: NLTM Updated for December 2014   NLTM Updated for December 2014 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2014 9:54 pm

Required Fields wrote:
choosemetal wrote:

Chris Reifert was originally in Death, who were from Florida, before leaving to form Autopsy, who are based in Oakland, California.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_%28metal_band%29#Early_history_.281983.E2.80.931987.29

"Then moved back to the San Francisco Bay Area again, where he joined with 17 year old drummer Chris Reifert. They recorded the Mutilation demo, which led to a deal with Combat Records, owned by Important Distribution (later becoming Relativity, and subsequently Sony), that enabled them to record the first LP.

Scream Bloody Gore was released in 1987, widely considered a genre template for death metal. Schuldiner briefly had a second guitar player, John Hand, but Hand did not appear on the album (though his photo did). By this time Schuldiner had moved back to Florida, splitting with Reifert who had elected to remain in California, where he went on to form Autopsy."
Back to top Go down
http://wwwtotalmetal.blogspot.com/
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: NLTM Updated for December 2014   NLTM Updated for December 2014 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2014 10:25 pm

Thanks. Fixed all those typos/errors you guys caught.

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: NLTM Updated for December 2014   NLTM Updated for December 2014 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2014 10:30 pm

Vexer6 wrote:
Awesome, your updates are always worth the wait.

Gotta disagree with you on Lee Aaron's 1987 album though, "Powerline" is my all-time favorite song of hers, I also quite like the ballads and do not think they are vomit-inducing in the least.  Also disagree on Fastway, I think all of their post-All Fired Up output has been great, I especially liked Waiting for the Roar.

The Quireboys page is still kinda messed up, it's slightly off-center and as such some words are cut off by the edge of the screen.

Glad i'm not the only one who prefers pre-Cowboys Pantera over everything else they've done.

Vexer6. Hit the refresh on your browser and see if that works on the Quireboys page. It seems to be working ok for me. If not, let me know and I'll rebuild the page. Thanks.

I'll give Powerline another listen. As I basically stated in my review, it's basically overproduced as much as the songs. Keyboards over the guitars, etc.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

PostSubject: Re: NLTM Updated for December 2014   NLTM Updated for December 2014 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2014 2:17 am

OK, now the page seems to be working.

As long as a song is catchy I don't really mind if it has keyboards in it, I quite like them.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9888

PostSubject: Re: NLTM Updated for December 2014   NLTM Updated for December 2014 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2014 5:53 am

Can't wait to read your review on the new Riot cd.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: NLTM Updated for December 2014   NLTM Updated for December 2014 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2014 6:36 am

Good old John Hand! Didn't play on the record, never played live with them but somehow gets a credit on one of the most influential metal records of all time! lol!
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: NLTM Updated for December 2014   NLTM Updated for December 2014 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2014 10:29 am

Whatever happened to John Hand after leaving Death, anyway?
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

PostSubject: Re: NLTM Updated for December 2014   NLTM Updated for December 2014 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2014 1:47 pm

Hand has a Facebook page here:

https://www.facebook.com/HailJohnHand
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: NLTM Updated for December 2014   NLTM Updated for December 2014 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2014 3:23 am

Ult since you enjoyed Misplaced Childhood, I have to suggest the follow up, Clutching At Straws. Its as good if not better. It's also the last Marillion disc to feature vocalist Fish.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Citanul
Metal master
Metal master
Citanul

Number of posts : 657

PostSubject: Re: NLTM Updated for December 2014   NLTM Updated for December 2014 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2014 4:24 am

DallasBlack wrote:
Ult since you enjoyed Misplaced Childhood, I have to suggest the follow up, Clutching At Straws. Its as good if not better. It's also the last Marillion disc to feature vocalist Fish.

I'd agree with that - I would say that by the time of Misplaced Childhood they'd finally come into their own and established their own identity, and Clutching At Straws built on than. It's a pity the split happened after Clutching as while the subsequent albums from both parties have been good, for me they've never quite lived up to those first four.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: NLTM Updated for December 2014   NLTM Updated for December 2014 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2014 5:41 pm

Citanul wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:

I'd agree with that - I would say that by the time of Misplaced Childhood they'd finally come into their own and established their own identity, and Clutching At Straws built on than.  It's a pity the split happened after Clutching as while the subsequent albums from both parties have been good, for me they've never quite lived up to those first four.

I would definitely agree with DB and Citanul about Clutching At Straws. It actually has become my favorite Marillion album. Period.

Make sure to get the 2-disc version of it as you will get some excellent b-sides and demos for the next album that didn't happen with Fish as vocalist.

TOTALLY agree with you about Fastway, ULT! They really ran out of steam after All Fired Up. I've given the later stuff a chance and it does nothing for me.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: NLTM Updated for December 2014   NLTM Updated for December 2014 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2014 6:38 pm

Hey, ultmetal. I was on your Sepultura page, and you mention Bathory in a review for Bestial Devastation. They have a page on NLTM, you should link to it. I am aware the review was written before Bathory had an NLTM page.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: NLTM Updated for December 2014   NLTM Updated for December 2014 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2014 6:43 pm

chewie wrote:
Citanul wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:

I'd agree with that - I would say that by the time of Misplaced Childhood they'd finally come into their own and established their own identity, and Clutching At Straws built on than.  It's a pity the split happened after Clutching as while the subsequent albums from both parties have been good, for me they've never quite lived up to those first four.

I would definitely agree with DB and Citanul about Clutching At Straws. It actually has become my favorite Marillion album. Period.

There are just so many stand out tracks on there. My favorite has to be Sugar Mice. That song is just so beautiful, sad, and emotional with one of the best guitar solos ever IMO. Then there is Warm Wet Circles, That Time Of The Night, White Russian, & The Last Straw. Heck every song on there is good, even the ridiculous (again IMO) Icommunicado is a fantastic song.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: NLTM Updated for December 2014   NLTM Updated for December 2014 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2014 7:02 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
chewie wrote:
Citanul wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:

There are just so many stand out tracks on there. My favorite has to be Sugar Mice. That song is just so beautiful, sad, and emotional with one of the best guitar solos ever IMO. Then there is Warm Wet Circles, That Time Of The Night, White Russian, & The Last Straw. Heck every song on there is good, even the ridiculous (again IMO) Icommunicado is a fantastic song.

YEA! The Hotel Hobbies trio of songs is SOOOOO damn killer! Then there's Torch Song that leads right into Slàinte Mhath. Thanks DB, now I'm going to have to listen to this album! Such torture, I know!!! lol!

A fun album to play drums along to as well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NLTM Updated for December 2014   NLTM Updated for December 2014 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1