Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bill Cosby

Go down 
+28
candlemass
Ed_Hunter
MetalGuy71
the sentinel
thejokeriv
Addy
metalinmyveins
mlotek
DallasBlack
Gilbert
brokentulsa
muckie
Vexer6
DeathCult
Boris2008
Thrasher73
exact33
nevermore
Required Fields
scottmitchell74
Troublezone
DakotaRogers
Fat Freddy
mc666
Citanul
Runicen
Glower
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3163

Bill Cosby - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bill Cosby   Bill Cosby - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2015 4:15 pm

You do wonder - when Cosby's son was murdered -
if it had to do with his behaving - Like Robert Crane ( Hogan's Heroes )
I had 4 books by Bill Cosby, 7 CDs, and 2 vhs tapes -
seen him live - in Cape Cod - (funny story about that - if anyones interested  birthday )
anyways, tossed it all out in the trash -
50 women assaulted, mostly white, is too much for me -
Tiger Woods cheated on his wife - but this is way odder -
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Bill Cosby   Bill Cosby - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2015 4:41 pm

Glower wrote:

50 women assaulted, mostly white, is too much for me

So sexual assault of black women is okay then? Shocked
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Bill Cosby   Bill Cosby - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2015 5:29 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
metalinmyveins wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
You know what? I'm sorry I spoke up. Let's just lock up everybody who has ever been accused of a crime. Screw judges, juries, due process, all of it. I thought it was just common sense that a person get a trial and a chance to face his accusers before he gets convicted. I guess I was just wrong, silly me.

Just remember, I NEVER defended Cosby. For all I know he really is a scumbag horndog. I really don't know. Only him and the women accusing him know for sure.

There won't be any judge, juries, due process or all of it DB as you mentioned, because there can't be. The statute of limitations has run their course on these matters, regarding the ladies that have come forward. There can't be any criminal or civil litigation moving forward. This has come down to a "they said" ~ "he said". Here's the thing DB, without out the possibility of any kind of charges being filed against Mr. Cosby, what do any of these ladies have to gain by coming forward?

How about media attention? People these days will do anything to get a spot on a talk show or sell a tell all book. There is another possibility I hesitate to put here because there are people on here who will attack me for it but what the hell. A lot of people don't like comments Cosby has made in recent years (coincidentally in the years the accusations started showing up). What better way to discredit someone who's views you don't approve of than to find people to accuse him of horrific acts? I don't like to sound like a conspiracy nut, but these things do happen. NOT SAYING THAT'S WHAT HAPPENED ***PLEASE READ THIS, DON'T READ EVERYTHING ELSE AND IGNORE THIS VERY IMPORTANT STATEMENT***

Look, my only point from the first thing I posted was in response to someone crying about Cosby not being in jail. You only go to jail if you are convicted of a crime. They didn't accuse him when charges could have been brought up against him. Whose fault is that? This may seem callous and mean, but it's partly their fault for not speaking up about it sooner. The better question is why the hell did they wait this damn long to speak up? It's not like Cosby is a Kennedy or some untouchable media figure.

So it still remains a "he said-they said" situation as far as I'm concerned. Quite frankly, I don't really care.

Media attention? To be honest, if I were a woman and I was raped, media attention would be the last thing I would want. I'm guessing most of these women only came out, because of the strength in numbers. Also, these were drug induced rapes, so I'm sure there was no vaginal tearing, etc... So, then it comes down to he said ~ she said, and the woman going up against the man, who everybody loved in that of Cliff Huxtable. So, DB, tell me again what the advantage is for a woman coming forward in this situation? Did you know DB that Bill Cosby joked about doing this to women in a 60's standup comedy routine? Did you know that he paid a woman off in 2006 because of these allegations? Granted, it could've been due to the fact that he didn't want his image tarnished or it could be that it might have had enough muscle behind it, so it would have gone to the courts.

I will say it again, the only recourse ANY of these women have is through the media, because the statute of limitations has run out on all of these cases. Bravery in sexual assault situations in many cases is a domino effect. Regarding any of these woman selling books, give me a break. The only women with any real clout are Beverly Johnson and Janet Dickinson, and nobody cares enough about those two to buy any books they might think about writing, hence the reason most women don't take their sexual assaults to the media.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Bill Cosby   Bill Cosby - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2015 6:45 pm

I guess my large print disclaimer did nothing for you. You just read the first part and totally ignored the last bit. Well, did you know I don't give a shit? Did I not say I don't have an opinion on this? I'm pretty sure I did. For crying out loud, I was just telling someone who wanted a guy imprisoned without a trial that you don't do that. Something I thought could be agreed upon by anybody with half a brain. Instead I get some anti-American BS that I frankly don't want to read when I come to HoM. Then you asked me why they would make it up and I gave you some possibilities. I didn't say that was why they were doing it nor was I discrediting them, I was just answering your question cause I didn't want to seem like I was dodging it. Maybe he is a scumbag, I don't know. Excuse me if I don't just blindly accept what others tell me without thinking for myself. Obviously, you want me to agree with you or just shut up. I will go ahead and do just that.

I will not stop watching this thread.

Last edited by S.D. on Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:35 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ***Personal attack deleted by admin***)
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
DakotaRogers
Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

Number of posts : 920

PostSubject: Re: Bill Cosby   Bill Cosby - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2015 9:13 pm

I posted my wishful thinking. The courts are not going to view my post and be like, "Well, shit! You know what? He has a point!"

Last edited by S.D. on Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:34 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ***Personal attack deleted by admin***)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bill Cosby   Bill Cosby - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2015 9:32 pm

Enough with the personal attacks and name-calling.  If you want to fight then either do it via PM or find another board.  
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

PostSubject: Re: Bill Cosby   Bill Cosby - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2015 8:00 pm

https://tv.yahoo.com/news/bill-cosby-im-far-finished-234309334.html

Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28411

PostSubject: Re: Bill Cosby   Bill Cosby - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2015 10:14 pm

The SNL Celebrity Jeopardy! skit which involved a portrayal of him was pretty funny.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39466

PostSubject: Re: Bill Cosby   Bill Cosby - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2015 9:32 am

Required Fields wrote:
The SNL Celebrity Jeopardy! skit which involved a portrayal of him was pretty funny.

That whole skit was a riot !
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

PostSubject: Re: Bill Cosby   Bill Cosby - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2015 11:25 am

https://celebrity.yahoo.com/blogs/celeb-news/bill-cosby-raped-jane-doe-bizarre-queen-noor-demands-160021693.html

Another gal comes forward - made to wear oatmeal on her face ?
sick
fetishes ?
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

Number of posts : 1598

PostSubject: Re: Bill Cosby   Bill Cosby - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2015 11:50 am

Well, we all know how the arbiters of truth over at the Yahoo! celebrity pages are never off the mark... Rolling Eyes

Look, for all I know, Cosby is a horrible sexual predator and deserves all of this, but there's something that rubs me the wrong way about all of this: the fact that there really is no defense against this. It's the same as every time there's an interpersonal dispute between people of differing races and someone just screams, "RACIST!" at whichever one is the "privileged" party. There is no real defense. It's the old "When did you stop beating your wife?" scenario.

If this were properly vetted and examined as in a legal proceeding, there are things that we could properly discern - "are the accusers f$#@ing nuts?" for one. I mean, dismiss that possibility all you want, but I worked as a nobody in a public library and was accused by one nutter of being involved in some conspiracy to mess up her life. These folks exist and, when you're a celebrity, you're like a grand lighthouse calling all those mad little ships in to port on a national or even global scale.

The statute of limitations defense has been brought up - oh, there's no reason to have a problem with this because he won't be hurt anyway. And, to be clear, if he DID all this horrible stuff, he probably DESERVES a little hurt quid pro quo and all that. But until it becomes clear that he DID, I think skewering him in the public eye, disempowering him when he's been pretty big on getting people to take themselves, their communities and their families seriously... My point is, he seems to be doing a lot of public good and taking away from a voice being used to that end based on hearsay seems pretty backwards.

Just my take, but some of these stories are starting to sound a bit absurd. If he was such a predator, I find it hard to imagine he wouldn't have been hit by his own hubris YEARS before now. It's not like his star was any more ascendant than people who were brought low by far worse acts over a far shorter span of time.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

PostSubject: Re: Bill Cosby   Bill Cosby - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2015 7:44 am

Authorities are getting closer to f'n nailing this guy.
I saw a site on the computer that listed all the women -
who came forth - 47 I think - and spoke out -
Cosby's wife musta been a super-dope - to keep turning a blind eye.
Qualudes - never tried them - lol - but they sound powerful -
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: Bill Cosby   Bill Cosby - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2015 8:25 am

I saw an article referring to him admitting to drugging women with Quaaludes last night.

I think he's more or less finished now.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Bill Cosby   Bill Cosby - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2015 12:05 pm

Required Fields wrote:

I love the Sean Connery impression that RULES
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

Number of posts : 1598

PostSubject: Re: Bill Cosby   Bill Cosby - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2015 12:06 pm

http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/07/us/bill-cosby-quaaludes-sexual-assault-allegations/

Well, that makes me feel dirty.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25796

PostSubject: Re: Bill Cosby   Bill Cosby - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2015 1:01 pm

Required Fields wrote:
I saw an article referring to him admitting to drugging women with Quaaludes last night.

This sure helps the claims of the 47 who have came forward.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Bill Cosby   Bill Cosby - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2015 8:49 pm

nevermore wrote:
Required Fields wrote:

This sure helps the claims of the 47 who have came forward.

yep. Not a good publicity statement for him.

muckie
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
muckie

Number of posts : 493

PostSubject: Re: Bill Cosby   Bill Cosby - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 6:48 am

I was never a big fan of him but Leonard Part 6 was one of my favorite movies as a teenager. Laughed aloud many times at that film. Haven't seen it in years, though.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: Bill Cosby   Bill Cosby - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 10:29 pm

Leonard Part 6 is one of the worst movies ever made, in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: Bill Cosby   Bill Cosby - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 10:29 pm

Addy wrote:
Required Fields wrote:

I love the Sean Connery impression that RULES

Sean Connery's portrayals are always the best thing about every Celebrity Jeopardy! skit they're a part of.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: Bill Cosby   Bill Cosby - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2015 6:54 am

Bill Cosby - Page 3 11870702_488807131273884_7587957215650100619_n
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: Bill Cosby   Bill Cosby - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2015 11:59 am

My friend on Facebook said that it's official, Bill Cosby jokes have officially become funnier than Bill Cosby's jokes.

Anyone ever see this commercial? Bill Cosby and Lindsay Lohan...it's hard to believe Lindsay Lohan is the one with a career more likely to have a revival at this point, but it's true.

So many jokes in the comments:
"And what rhymes with grape?"
"Jell-O was the gateway drug!"
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

PostSubject: Re: Bill Cosby   Bill Cosby - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2015 9:13 pm

Well, Merry Christmas and Happy New Years surprised Bill's been arrested.
Posted bail. Million bucks. News reporters in the quaint town he lives in Mass. -
asking residents about how they personally feel about him -
stationed in front of house - holding microphone and backwards glance hee hee
He's been stripped of many awards and honors from people and places.
Had a cane going into court, says he's going blind ?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

PostSubject: Re: Bill Cosby   Bill Cosby - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2015 10:14 pm

Bill Cosby - Page 3 669

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

PostSubject: Re: Bill Cosby   Bill Cosby - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2015 10:33 pm

Bill Cosby - Page 3 Screenshot_2015-07-14-11-35-17-1

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bill Cosby   Bill Cosby - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bill Cosby
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next