Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bill Cosby

Go down 
+28
candlemass
Ed_Hunter
MetalGuy71
the sentinel
thejokeriv
Addy
metalinmyveins
mlotek
DallasBlack
Gilbert
brokentulsa
muckie
Vexer6
DeathCult
Boris2008
Thrasher73
exact33
nevermore
Required Fields
scottmitchell74
Troublezone
DakotaRogers
Fat Freddy
mc666
Citanul
Runicen
Glower
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

Bill Cosby - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bill Cosby   Bill Cosby - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2014 8:46 pm

S.D. wrote:
At this point it's all useless social media back and forth...will wait until something is actually proven one way or another.  

My feelings exactly. Too often on the internet accusations are taken as proof of guilt.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: Bill Cosby   Bill Cosby - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2014 5:19 am

Runicen wrote:
He was saying a lot of controversial stuff about African-American culture that it seemed needed said.  Damn shame of all this is that people are going to totally toss anything he said as crap as a result of this.

The Jekyll/Hyde thing is definitely apt here.  
I think a lot of the stuff he said was total BS, especially him whining and bitching about Chris Rock saying the N-word, so stupid.

Not one bit surprised at the accusations and I do believe them, as there's far too many people for it to be a coincidence, this is starting to feel eerily reminiscent of the Jimmy Saville case in the U.K.

I personally always found The Cosby Show overrated and I never thought he was particularly funny, so i'm not too broken-up about the news.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3163

PostSubject: Re: Bill Cosby   Bill Cosby - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2014 7:56 am

I guess Cosby played a big part in the 80's. I even have 4 books written by him ( bought cheap) -
I will buy and read a book about him, if it exposes him - that'll be dark and wild - Playboy mansion -
also, when reading various Rock bio's - and the truth comes out - in whatever form -
doesn't it usually sour the taste buds - except of course : " Walk This Way " lol-
A expert did a body posture examination, of one of Cosby's interviews...with his wife -
Conclusion : Wife knows he's guilty - and Bill i's hiding great guilt and shame, big time -
These 20 gals also say the same thing - a mickey Finn was slipped in their drink -
and they ALL felt he was just far too big of a star - to accuse - or confront - like a Catholic priest
till the first couple women asked for more women, not to be affraid anymore - and speak out.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Bill Cosby   Bill Cosby - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2014 3:33 pm

DeathCult wrote:
S.D. wrote:
At this point it's all useless social media back and forth...will wait until something is actually proven one way or another.  

My feelings exactly. Too often on the internet accusations are taken as proof of guilt.

absolutely. I think it is a shame people jump to the conclusion based on just what people say instead of waiting for due process. One of my friends was accused of child molestation and lost his job, etc but later in court under testimony the child admitted she was lying. Man was innocent but his ability to earn a living was destroyed as was his reputation.

Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: Bill Cosby   Bill Cosby - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2014 3:36 pm

exact33 wrote:
DeathCult wrote:
S.D. wrote:

absolutely. I think it is a shame people jump to the conclusion based on just what people say instead of waiting for due process. One of my friends was accused of child molestation and lost his job, etc but later in court under testimony the child admitted she was lying. Man was innocent but his ability to earn a living was destroyed as was his reputation.
Yes that is sad, and I don't believe that Woody Allen really molested Dylan.
Back to top Go down
muckie
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
muckie

Number of posts : 493

PostSubject: Re: Bill Cosby   Bill Cosby - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2014 7:06 pm

Sometimes people say they lied about being victims because of threats made against them and the fear that comes with it. I know many people who are sane and had experiences like this with their offenders that struck me as very credible when the dots were connected.

My mom also has a friend who once worked as a stripper and was acquainted with Cosby through several friends. Cosby frequented their joint during his time in Vegas and had so-called 'kept women' that he never publicly admitted a relation to. She is a relatively sane person and this was known among them long before any accusations against Cosby were made in the media. They never slagged him for it as they were never raped, but they knew he had a promiscuous lifestyle while simultaneously upholding an image as a family man. Sure, a lot of people can be promiscuous without being rapists but it makes you think about his lack of public defense on the matter of such relations vs. his public facade.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bill Cosby   Bill Cosby - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2014 8:00 pm

The art and the artist are not the same thing. Public persona is nothing more than that, a persona, what percentage of the real person is part of the persona is a guess to everyone but that person.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Bill Cosby   Bill Cosby - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2014 10:07 pm

S.D. wrote:
The art and the artist are not the same thing.  Public persona is nothing more than that, a persona, what percentage of the real person is part of the persona is a guess to everyone but that person.

yep. It is the whole issue with stars being "role models".

Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28411

PostSubject: Re: Bill Cosby   Bill Cosby - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2014 10:11 pm

Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28411

PostSubject: Re: Bill Cosby   Bill Cosby - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2014 10:15 pm

Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Bill Cosby   Bill Cosby - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2014 12:51 am

looks like the police are involved now...
http://bigstory.ap.org/article/2464c8635cf44ba6b123cf15ba2f87d1/detectives-meeting-possible-bill-cosby-victim
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

PostSubject: Re: Bill Cosby   Bill Cosby - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 8:05 am

Numbers are up to 24 women now !
" Drink this , bytch " !
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9874

PostSubject: Re: Bill Cosby   Bill Cosby - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 5:09 pm

Thrasher73 wrote:
Regardless of whether all this is true or not He'll always be Cliff Huxtable to me.Thats what I want to remember him as.

same here. Loved his show.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bill Cosby   Bill Cosby - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 5:37 pm

He was much cooler before Cliff Huxtable. I grew up listening to his stand-up comedy records from the 60s, now THAT was the truly funny Bill Cosby.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Bill Cosby   Bill Cosby - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2014 12:03 pm

If you believe all these people, he has been up to quite a lot in the last couple decades...

Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

PostSubject: Re: Bill Cosby   Bill Cosby - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2015 5:32 am

Number is up to 50 women -
but this over a span of 4 decades Bill Cosby - Page 2 69126
He's starting to cancel some of his shows -
Back to top Go down
DakotaRogers
Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

Number of posts : 920

PostSubject: Re: Bill Cosby   Bill Cosby - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2015 2:01 pm

They need to put that fat, nasty, humped-up toad UNDER the jail, but you know how it is...

Guess we'll all have to be content with his legacy being tarnished for good.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Bill Cosby   Bill Cosby - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2015 10:55 pm

DakotaRogers wrote:
They need to put that fat, nasty, humped-up toad UNDER the jail, but you know how it is...

I'm not saying he's innocent nor am I saying he's guilty, but he's only been accused. He has not been charged nor convicted and you don't lock up someone without giving them a fair trial. This is not Nazi Germany.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
DakotaRogers
Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

Number of posts : 920

PostSubject: Re: Bill Cosby   Bill Cosby - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2015 8:26 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
I'm not saying he's innocent nor am I saying he's guilty, but he's only been accused. He has not been charged nor convicted and you don't lock up someone without giving them a fair trial. This is not Nazi Germany.

I doubt he'll ever be charged, and even if there were a trial, there would be no way in hell it would be a fair one. The Federal Justice System is not my compass of morality and truth. (Refer to OJ Simpson and Casey Anthony.)

Back to top Go down
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: Bill Cosby   Bill Cosby - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2015 1:44 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
DakotaRogers wrote:

America these days is worse than Nazi Germany.
America has been locking up innocent people, stealing their property, ignoring people's rights they are born with, etc, etc, for a very long time.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Bill Cosby   Bill Cosby - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2015 10:34 pm

mlotek wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
DakotaRogers wrote:

America these days is worse than Nazi Germany.
America has been locking up innocent people, stealing their property, ignoring people's rights they are born with, etc, etc, for a very long time.

Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Bill Cosby   Bill Cosby - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2015 12:45 am

DallasBlack wrote:
DakotaRogers wrote:

I could say stuff but it would be a real quick way to a locked thread.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Bill Cosby   Bill Cosby - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2015 1:22 am

You know what? I'm sorry I spoke up. Let's just lock up everybody who has ever been accused of a crime. Screw judges, juries, due process, all of it. I thought it was just common sense that a person get a trial and a chance to face his accusers before he gets convicted. I guess I was just wrong, silly me.

Just remember, I NEVER defended Cosby. For all I know he really is a scumbag horndog. I really don't know. Only him and the women accusing him know for sure.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Bill Cosby   Bill Cosby - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2015 7:58 am

DallasBlack wrote:
You know what? I'm sorry I spoke up. Let's just lock up everybody who has ever been accused of a crime. Screw judges, juries, due process, all of it. I thought it was just common sense that a person get a trial and a chance to face his accusers before he gets convicted. I guess I was just wrong, silly me.

Just remember, I NEVER defended Cosby. For all I know he really is a scumbag horndog. I really don't know. Only him and the women accusing him know for sure.

There won't be any judge, juries, due process or all of it DB as you mentioned, because there can't be. The statute of limitations has run their course on these matters, regarding the ladies that have come forward. There can't be any criminal or civil litigation moving forward. This has come down to a "they said" ~ "he said". Here's the thing DB, without out the possibility of any kind of charges being filed against Mr. Cosby, what do any of these ladies have to gain by coming forward?
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Bill Cosby   Bill Cosby - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2015 1:48 pm

metalinmyveins wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:

There won't be any judge, juries, due process or all of it DB as you mentioned, because there can't be. The statute of limitations has run their course on these matters, regarding the ladies that have come forward. There can't be any criminal or civil litigation moving forward. This has come down to a "they said" ~ "he said". Here's the thing DB, without out the possibility of any kind of charges being filed against Mr. Cosby, what do any of these ladies have to gain by coming forward?

How about media attention? People these days will do anything to get a spot on a talk show or sell a tell all book. There is another possibility I hesitate to put here because there are people on here who will attack me for it but what the hell. A lot of people don't like comments Cosby has made in recent years (coincidentally in the years the accusations started showing up). What better way to discredit someone who's views you don't approve of than to find people to accuse him of horrific acts? I don't like to sound like a conspiracy nut, but these things do happen. NOT SAYING THAT'S WHAT HAPPENED ***PLEASE READ THIS, DON'T READ EVERYTHING ELSE AND IGNORE THIS VERY IMPORTANT STATEMENT***

Look, my only point from the first thing I posted was in response to someone crying about Cosby not being in jail. You only go to jail if you are convicted of a crime. They didn't accuse him when charges could have been brought up against him. Whose fault is that? This may seem callous and mean, but it's partly their fault for not speaking up about it sooner. The better question is why the hell did they wait this damn long to speak up? It's not like Cosby is a Kennedy or some untouchable media figure.

So it still remains a "he said-they said" situation as far as I'm concerned. Quite frankly, I don't really care.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bill Cosby   Bill Cosby - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bill Cosby
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next