Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bill Aucoin Dead

Go down 
+5
MetalGuy71
manny
Fat Freddy
tohostudios
thejokeriv
9 posters
AuthorMessage
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

Bill Aucoin Dead Empty
PostSubject: Bill Aucoin Dead   Bill Aucoin Dead Icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 6:14 pm

William Aucoin, beloved record industry executive, manager, entrepreneur, and creative visionary, passed away this morning, Monday, June 28 at 9:11 a.. EST at the Aventura Hospital and Medical Center in Aventura, Florida.

Born December 29, 1943, Bill was battling prostate cancer, and passed away from surgical complications.

The man known for masterminding the career of the world-renowned group KISS, Bill Aucoin also managed STARZ, TOBY BEAU, BILLY SQUIER, BILLY IDOL, and numerous other artists. His most recent venture is Aucoin Globe Entertainment, which he founded in 2007. In its three years, Bill and his company developed bands in the U.S. and around the world.

He leaves behind his boyfriend of fifteen years, Roman Fernandez, and two sisters Betty Britton and Janet Bankowski.

Funeral arrangements are pending.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Bill Aucoin Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bill Aucoin Dead   Bill Aucoin Dead Icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 8:17 pm

I recognized the name but without reading that I couldn't have told you where I recognized it from. Seeing Kiss, Starz, Billy Squier and Billy Idol in the list it's no wonder I recognized the name.

RIP.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Bill Aucoin Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bill Aucoin Dead   Bill Aucoin Dead Icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 8:28 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I recognized the name but without reading that I couldn't have told you where I recognized it from. Seeing Kiss, Starz, Billy Squier and Billy Idol in the list it's no wonder I recognized the name.

RIP.

KISS out not be who they are without Bill Aucoin
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

Bill Aucoin Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bill Aucoin Dead   Bill Aucoin Dead Icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 8:57 pm

That's a shame. He was only 66? I would've thought he was older. Whatever.

I met Bill at a KISS Convention/Expo here in NJ in '93 or '94. I have a cool vintage photo of him with the KISS guys that he signed for me. In addition to a bunch of photos and stuff he had the original artwork pages from the famed Marvel Comics KISS Super Specials laid out on his booth/table so of course I geeked out looking at those. He and I chit chatted about Marvel Comics for a while as I flipped through them. He seemed like a very nice guy. R.I.P. Bill.

KISS' statement about Aucoin's passing from Kissonline.com:

Bill Aucoin, our irreplaceable original manager, mentor and dear friend has died of complications arising from his ongoing battle with prostate cancer. He was instrumental in guiding us from the beginning and without his vision, leadership and unending dedication, we could never have scaled the heights we have reached.

Bill loved life and lived it to the fullest. Words can never convey his impact on us or those close to him.

Over all the years, he never missed an opportunity to be with us at our shows near his home or fly in for special concerts, including our most recent Madison Square Garden show. He had hoped to attend our London show earlier this month but his illness prevented it. He still planned to visit us upon the start of our upcoming US tour.

We loved him, told him and have peace that he knew it.

We will grieve and celebrate all he was and did.

We have lost a part of us.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Bill Aucoin Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bill Aucoin Dead   Bill Aucoin Dead Icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 9:40 pm

This guy was managerial genius who took a chance on a band nobody believed in and signed them to label that had no rock acts on their roster let alone a metal band and took them to top.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Bill Aucoin Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bill Aucoin Dead   Bill Aucoin Dead Icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 9:43 pm

He had quite a career. Rest in peace.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

Bill Aucoin Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bill Aucoin Dead   Bill Aucoin Dead Icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 9:47 pm

Saw this this morning. Sad.

I actually saw him at the Cobo show KISS had back in September walking through the crowd. Pretty cool.
Back to top Go down
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

Bill Aucoin Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bill Aucoin Dead   Bill Aucoin Dead Icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 10:42 pm

KISS would not be the band that I love today if it weren't for Bill Aucoin. Thanks sir for everything that you did and may you forever Rest in Peace.
Bill Aucoin Dead 163436
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

Bill Aucoin Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bill Aucoin Dead   Bill Aucoin Dead Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 10:24 am

manny wrote:
This guy was managerial genius who took a chance on a band nobody believed in and signed them to label that had no rock acts on their roster let alone a metal band and took them to top.

Yeah, he bankrolled the tour that eventually became the ALIVE! album on his American Express card. Talk about rolling the dice!

...on the other hand, "KISS Meets the Phantom of the Park" and MUSIC FROM THE ELDER were both his ideas. Bill Aucoin Dead 201269

But seriously folks: Bill's Wiki entry also sez he briefly managed Manowar (1981) and Lordi in addition to KISS and Billy Idol.

Bill Aucoin Dead BillandKissBW

Bill (with bitchin' 'stache) is on the left here. The couple on the right are Joyce and Neil Bogart of Casablanca Records fame.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Bill Aucoin Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bill Aucoin Dead   Bill Aucoin Dead Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 10:31 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
manny wrote:

...on the other hand, "KISS Meets the Phantom of the Park" and MUSIC FROM THE ELDER were both his ideas. Bill Aucoin Dead 201269

Well genius's are known to have a touch of madness, plus maybe it takes a genius to make a movie as horrid as KISS Meets the Phantom, convience NBC network to bankroll it and more importantly get people to actually watch it.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Bill Aucoin Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bill Aucoin Dead   Bill Aucoin Dead Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 2:04 pm

manny wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
manny wrote:

Well genius's are known to have a touch of madness, plus maybe it takes a genius to make a movie as horrid as KISS Meets the Phantom, convience NBC network to bankroll it and more importantly get people to actually watch it.

LOL!!! Plus it was one of the most watched TV movies of the week - and back in the 70's that was a deal, as the made for TV movie of the week was a big deal in the 70's and 80's
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

Bill Aucoin Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bill Aucoin Dead   Bill Aucoin Dead Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 8:03 pm

I'm the Phantom!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
QuothTheRaven
Metal master
Metal master
QuothTheRaven

Number of posts : 874

Bill Aucoin Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bill Aucoin Dead   Bill Aucoin Dead Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 8:14 pm

Wow! Sad indeed! Thanks Bill, for taking a chance on a band that for many of us was a gateway to a lifetime of metal music. RIP!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bill Aucoin Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bill Aucoin Dead   Bill Aucoin Dead Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bill Aucoin Dead
Page 1 of 1