Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Painkiller's Top Fifty Female Metal Vocalists

Go down 
+13
tohostudios
Glower
Eyesore
Shawn Of Fire
MetalGuy71
BearOnUnicycle
Lari
Boris2008
Thrasher73
Temple of Blood
Gilbert
Witchfinder
corplhicks
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Painkiller's Top Fifty Female Metal Vocalists - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Painkiller's Top Fifty Female Metal Vocalists   Painkiller's Top Fifty Female Metal Vocalists - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2014 7:07 pm

Eyesore wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
For some reason I can't get that link to open.  Can someone tell me if Liv Jagrell of Sister Sin is on the list?  I'm guessing no.

Nope.

Figured.  How can this woman not be in the list? 

Is that a serious question? Laughing

It was at the time.

PostSubject: Re: Painkiller's Top Fifty Female Metal Vocalists   Painkiller's Top Fifty Female Metal Vocalists - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2014 7:13 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
I was going to comment that I couldn't come up with a list of 10 female vocalists that I like.  However, I looked at your list and realized that I liked most of them! Ha!  Great list.  Glad to see Jody Turner of Rock Goddess ranked that high.  They usually get overlooked, but I prefer them much more than Girlschool.  I am from Cincinnati, so it was cool to see Chastain at number one.  The delete bins and vinyl stores there are littered with Chastain records.  
Thanks for the compliments! I found the first four Chastain albums on vinyl at a local store for very cheap prices. It's even better that they were in excellent condition. I even found another copy of The 7th of Never.

It's a shame that most people would only think of your typical Disney/flower metal vocalist for female singers. Outside of that, it also doesn't help that most people don't think past Pat Benatar, Lita Ford, Joan Jett, or Doro Pesch.

I hope my list encouraged someone out there to give more female-fronted metal a chance, because there's so much more to it than the aforementioned big names.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12615

PostSubject: Re: Painkiller's Top Fifty Female Metal Vocalists   Painkiller's Top Fifty Female Metal Vocalists - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2014 12:57 am

Please post the list here so I don't have to go to another site, thanks.

PostSubject: Re: Painkiller's Top Fifty Female Metal Vocalists   Painkiller's Top Fifty Female Metal Vocalists - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2014 5:16 pm

Gilbert wrote:
Not a big fan of female metal singing. I usually tend to avoid such bands.

But i believe that doro would be among the best.  I own a lita ford best of cd. Maybe i should pull it out and give it a listen.
Try these out:

Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Painkiller's Top Fifty Female Metal Vocalists   Painkiller's Top Fifty Female Metal Vocalists - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2014 8:53 pm

Cool list. Not familiar with a lot of them, but it's rad to see Acid and Jade get a mention.

Toho, thanks for the link, never heard of them before.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com

PostSubject: Re: Painkiller's Top Fifty Female Metal Vocalists   Painkiller's Top Fifty Female Metal Vocalists - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2014 10:30 pm

DeathCult wrote:
Cool list. Not familiar with a lot of them, but it's rad to see Acid and Jade get a mention.
Thanks for checking it out! Painkiller's Top Fifty Female Metal Vocalists - Page 2 604261

You should definitely look into Chastain, Hellion, Sentinel Beast, Santa (the Spanish heavy metal band), and Terra Rosa for exceptional vocalists. If you pour a couple of days into checking out most of the unfamiliar picks, you'd probably learn some new favorites.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9883

PostSubject: Re: Painkiller's Top Fifty Female Metal Vocalists   Painkiller's Top Fifty Female Metal Vocalists - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2014 3:11 pm

Chastain are nice. Thanks for the tip.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3170

PostSubject: Re: Painkiller's Top Fifty Female Metal Vocalists   Painkiller's Top Fifty Female Metal Vocalists - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 11:00 am

Is this list of yours by favorite CD / tapes ?
Or is it just by the singer's voice ?
Sounds like I have to buy a " Leather " cd - lol -
I did buy Bitch ' Be my Slave " CD - it's pretty good !
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Painkiller's Top Fifty Female Metal Vocalists   Painkiller's Top Fifty Female Metal Vocalists - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 12:12 pm

Tried to see the link but it wasn't working for me. Must be getting blocked by the firewall.

Did Kim McAulliffe (Girlschool) or Ann Boleyn (Hellion) make the list?

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7611

PostSubject: Re: Painkiller's Top Fifty Female Metal Vocalists   Painkiller's Top Fifty Female Metal Vocalists - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 12:33 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Tried to see the link but it wasn't working for me. Must be getting blocked by the firewall.

Yep. Both are on the list. Ann Boleyn is #2.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Painkiller's Top Fifty Female Metal Vocalists   Painkiller's Top Fifty Female Metal Vocalists - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 12:41 pm

Nice. She's one of the real metal queens.

PostSubject: Re: Painkiller's Top Fifty Female Metal Vocalists   Painkiller's Top Fifty Female Metal Vocalists - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 5:34 pm

Glower wrote:
Is this list of yours by favorite CD / tapes ?
Or is it just by the singer's voice ?
Sounds like I have to buy a " Leather " cd - lol -
I did buy Bitch ' Be my Slave " CD - it's pretty good !
Listed by vocalist, of course. The samples are for demonstrating their styles.
ultmetal wrote:

Sorry that you couldn't access the page. Try a proxy or VPN, if possible. The site is safe to use.

I'll post half of the list here:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Painkiller's Top Fifty Female Metal Vocalists   Painkiller's Top Fifty Female Metal Vocalists - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 9:16 pm

Nice to see the late Dawn Crosby mentioned. Though I'm not familiar with the material mentioned. I know her from Fear Of God:

Her voice was just so haunting during the melodic parts downright scary during the heavy parts. She was like the female King Diamond as far as vocal variety. I've never heard any female vocalist in metal as talented and banshee-like as she was.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Painkiller's Top Fifty Female Metal Vocalists   Painkiller's Top Fifty Female Metal Vocalists - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Painkiller's Top Fifty Female Metal Vocalists
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2