Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Painkiller's Top Fifty Female Metal Vocalists

Go down 
+13
tohostudios
Glower
Eyesore
Shawn Of Fire
MetalGuy71
BearOnUnicycle
Lari
Boris2008
Thrasher73
Temple of Blood
Gilbert
Witchfinder
corplhicks
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Painkiller's Top Fifty Female Metal Vocalists Empty
PostSubject: Painkiller's Top Fifty Female Metal Vocalists   Painkiller's Top Fifty Female Metal Vocalists Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2014 9:19 pm

A couple of days ago, I compiled a list of female metal vocalists from both known and unknown bands.

Feel free to discuss my picks, as well as posting any other relevant recommendations.

Last edited by Painkiller on Fri Dec 26, 2014 8:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Painkiller's Top Fifty Female Metal Vocalists   Painkiller's Top Fifty Female Metal Vocalists Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2014 9:31 pm

Put Doro in #1 and that list is PERFECT. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Painkiller's Top Fifty Female Metal Vocalists   Painkiller's Top Fifty Female Metal Vocalists Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2014 9:36 pm

Doro Pesch was great in Warlock, but that's about it for me. The top three are more to my style.

Glad you like it!
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7608

PostSubject: Re: Painkiller's Top Fifty Female Metal Vocalists   Painkiller's Top Fifty Female Metal Vocalists Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2014 10:36 pm

I was going to comment that I couldn't come up with a list of 10 female vocalists that I like. However, I looked at your list and realized that I liked most of them! Ha! Great list. Glad to see Jody Turner of Rock Goddess ranked that high. They usually get overlooked, but I prefer them much more than Girlschool. I am from Cincinnati, so it was cool to see Chastain at number one. The delete bins and vinyl stores there are littered with Chastain records.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9874

PostSubject: Re: Painkiller's Top Fifty Female Metal Vocalists   Painkiller's Top Fifty Female Metal Vocalists Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2014 11:41 pm

Not a big fan of female metal singing. I usually tend to avoid such bands.

But i believe that doro would be among the best. I own a lita ford best of cd. Maybe i should pull it out and give it a listen.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5702

PostSubject: Re: Painkiller's Top Fifty Female Metal Vocalists   Painkiller's Top Fifty Female Metal Vocalists Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2014 11:58 pm

I couldn't name 5 that I enjoy.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Painkiller's Top Fifty Female Metal Vocalists   Painkiller's Top Fifty Female Metal Vocalists Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2014 1:22 am

I would also throw in Kobra Paige of Kobra and the Lotus as well as Angela Glasgow of Arch Enemy but I'm guessing you're not a fan of either.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Painkiller's Top Fifty Female Metal Vocalists   Painkiller's Top Fifty Female Metal Vocalists Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2014 2:57 am

I'm not big on female vocals in metal but I like some on your list.

I like Sally Cato from Smashed Gladys and Dani Nolsen from Shadowside as well.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Painkiller's Top Fifty Female Metal Vocalists   Painkiller's Top Fifty Female Metal Vocalists Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2014 2:58 am

There are some good names on your list, some I would have put higher (particularly Wendy O Williams & Dawn Crosby)

I listen to a lot of female vocalist over a variety of styles but for a metal list, I think that i would have to find a place for these guys.

Uta Plotkin - Witch Mountain
Kristina Karlsson - Slingblade
Christine Davis - Christian Mistress
Farida Lemouchi - The Devils Blood
Jessika Kenney - Wolves in the Throne Room
Anette Gulbrandsen - The Sabbathian
Michelle Nocon - Serpentcult/Death Penalty
Jennie-Ann Smith- Avatarium
Isabel Sierras - Hela
Rebecca Vernon & Sarah Pendleton - Subrosa
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6328

PostSubject: Re: Painkiller's Top Fifty Female Metal Vocalists   Painkiller's Top Fifty Female Metal Vocalists Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2014 5:41 am

Where did Jan Terri rank?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OE2l6CPna4M
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6328

PostSubject: Re: Painkiller's Top Fifty Female Metal Vocalists   Painkiller's Top Fifty Female Metal Vocalists Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2014 5:52 am

I just looked at the list, and have you just on purpose omitted all the contemporary greats? Like that Epica chick, Elize Ryde from Amaranthe and Floor Jansen. How about Sharon den Adel?

The Ironica singer has great lungs too. Just hear out the title track off their Consequences album. That Battle Beast chick is my favourite though.

Great power and versatility

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38zmdwd5K3E
Back to top Go down
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

PostSubject: Re: Painkiller's Top Fifty Female Metal Vocalists   Painkiller's Top Fifty Female Metal Vocalists Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2014 12:14 pm

For some reason, I knew Leather Leone will be the top pick before reading. And rightfully so, Chastain were (are?) amazing, with her voice perfectly complementing the songs. First three are all great,, honestly.
Metal Lady though Very Happy Saved by the brilliance of Ossian and Pokolgep musicanship.
No love for Zed Yago? Jutta smokes.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Painkiller's Top Fifty Female Metal Vocalists   Painkiller's Top Fifty Female Metal Vocalists Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2014 12:43 pm

Lots on that list I never heard of.

I'm not real big on female vocals myself, but there are a few that I enjoy. Of the newer crop, the singer from Sister Sin is good. I like her, but to be honest, her being female doesn't really come into play. The music and band is good enough that a guy singer would be just as welcome. She doesn't add anything to the mix just because she's a girl, if that makes sense. Well, ok, boobs.

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Painkiller's Top Fifty Female Metal Vocalists   Painkiller's Top Fifty Female Metal Vocalists Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2014 12:53 pm

My Top 50 Female Metal Singers:

50. Leather Leone
49. Leather Leone
48. Leather Leone
47. Leather Leone
46. Leather Leone
45. Leather Leone
44. Leather Leone
43. Leather Leone
42. Leather Leone
41. Leather Leone
40. Leather Leone
39. Leather Leone
38. Leather Leone
37. Leather Leone
36. Leather Leone
35. Leather Leone
34. Leather Leone
33. Leather Leone
32. Leather Leone
31. Leather Leone
30. Leather Leone
29. Leather Leone
28. Leather Leone
27. Leather Leone
26. Leather Leone
25. Leather Leone
24. Leather Leone
23. Leather Leone
22. Leather Leone
21. Leather Leone
20. Leather Leone
19. Leather Leone
18. Leather Leone
17. Leather Leone
16. Leather Leone
15. Leather Leone
14. Leather Leone
13. Leather Leone
12. Leather Leone
11. Leather Leone
10. Leather Leone
9. Leather Leone
8. Leather Leone
7. Leather Leone
6. Leather Leone
5. Leather Leone
4. Leather Leone
3. Leather Leone
2. Leather Leone
1. Leather Leone

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Painkiller's Top Fifty Female Metal Vocalists   Painkiller's Top Fifty Female Metal Vocalists Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2014 2:21 pm

Glad to see Leather Leone on your list, Shawn. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Painkiller's Top Fifty Female Metal Vocalists   Painkiller's Top Fifty Female Metal Vocalists Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2014 2:31 pm

She barely made it...

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Painkiller's Top Fifty Female Metal Vocalists   Painkiller's Top Fifty Female Metal Vocalists Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2014 4:06 pm

Yeah, I could never come up with a top 50. Christ! Probably couldn't even come up with a favorite overall. At least not only looking at metal vocalists.

Maybe Floor Jansen or Anneke van Giersbergen? Who knows.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3163

PostSubject: Re: Painkiller's Top Fifty Female Metal Vocalists   Painkiller's Top Fifty Female Metal Vocalists Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2014 6:26 pm

humble WOW - what a treasure trove of colorful gems to ponder over -
and from all over the world too - metal gals are damn cool -
I remember one gal, band was ' Sacred Child ' ( Neil Young's daughter )
I tried to like em - but they only had this song - kinda sad tune -
then they had the same lp - with a different male singer etc etc
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Painkiller's Top Fifty Female Metal Vocalists   Painkiller's Top Fifty Female Metal Vocalists Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2014 6:39 pm

For some reason I can't get that link to open.  Can someone tell me if Liv Jagrell of Sister Sin is on the list?  I'm guessing no.

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: Painkiller's Top Fifty Female Metal Vocalists   Painkiller's Top Fifty Female Metal Vocalists Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2014 6:42 pm

tohostudios wrote:
For some reason I can't get that link to open.  Can someone tell me if Liv Jagrell of Sister Sin is on the list?  I'm guessing no.

Nope.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Painkiller's Top Fifty Female Metal Vocalists   Painkiller's Top Fifty Female Metal Vocalists Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2014 6:46 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

Nope.

Figured.  How can this woman not be in the list? 

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: Painkiller's Top Fifty Female Metal Vocalists   Painkiller's Top Fifty Female Metal Vocalists Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2014 6:50 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

Nope.

Painkiller only likes Metal recorded in the days of yore and released on colored vinyl of no more than 7 copies. Sister Sin doesn't fit the bill.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Painkiller's Top Fifty Female Metal Vocalists   Painkiller's Top Fifty Female Metal Vocalists Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2014 6:55 pm

lol! 

Well even the revered Doro deigned to lend her vocals to this Sister Sin track so surely that should buy Liv some cred:

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Painkiller's Top Fifty Female Metal Vocalists   Painkiller's Top Fifty Female Metal Vocalists Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2014 7:05 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

Nope.

Is that a serious question? Laughing
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Painkiller's Top Fifty Female Metal Vocalists   Painkiller's Top Fifty Female Metal Vocalists Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2014 7:07 pm

So I guess it's safe to assume that Veronica Freeman of Benedictum isn't in the list either?

PostSubject: Re: Painkiller's Top Fifty Female Metal Vocalists   Painkiller's Top Fifty Female Metal Vocalists Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next