Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tourniquet / Ted Kirkpatrick - Title track from Onward to Freedom released

Go down 
+8
thejokeriv
Tur-Thalion
messiaen77
Thrasher73
Rex
ultmetal
DakotaRogers
Rami Airola
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Rami Airola
Metal student
Metal student
Rami Airola

Number of posts : 175

Tourniquet / Ted Kirkpatrick - Title track from Onward to Freedom released Empty
PostSubject: Tourniquet / Ted Kirkpatrick - Title track from Onward to Freedom released   Tourniquet / Ted Kirkpatrick - Title track from Onward to Freedom released Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2014 1:36 pm

So, this was supposed to be a Ted Kirkpatrick solo album, but as it's titled as a Tourniquet song on Youtube, I guess this will be actually a new album by Tourniquet (not that it matters, as Ted is the only "real" member playing through the album while Aaron and Luke are doing one or two guest parts).

Anyways, it's a dark mid-paced rocker. The chorus has hooked me in big time (to my ears, it could very well be from a Stryper song). Very melodic and melancholic.

Then there's this "metalcore breakdown" part that sounds exactly as all the other breakdowns ever made. Mattie Montgomery does the vocals. Not a fan of that style, but I guess it goes somewhat nicely along with the rest of the song, as it's only a small part of it.

Michael Sweet plays a really good and very melodic solo near the end of the song. I like the chorus and that solo a ton!

I'm excited to hear the rest of the album, whenever it'll be released.
Back to top Go down
DakotaRogers
Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

Number of posts : 920

Tourniquet / Ted Kirkpatrick - Title track from Onward to Freedom released Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet / Ted Kirkpatrick - Title track from Onward to Freedom released   Tourniquet / Ted Kirkpatrick - Title track from Onward to Freedom released Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2014 2:47 pm

I thought this was going to be released under the name "The Tourniquet Ark." In any case, there's going to be a gaggle of guest musicians and animal rights-related songs (so yeah, basically Tourniquet.)

2014's starting to heat up. \'arry \'eadbanger
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet / Ted Kirkpatrick - Title track from Onward to Freedom released   Tourniquet / Ted Kirkpatrick - Title track from Onward to Freedom released Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2014 6:20 pm

I thought it was odd that this was released under the Tourniquet name.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet / Ted Kirkpatrick - Title track from Onward to Freedom released   Tourniquet / Ted Kirkpatrick - Title track from Onward to Freedom released Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2014 1:54 pm

I think its good. I usually con't care for Sweet's vocals much though. In small doses its ok. Laughing
Back to top Go down
DakotaRogers
Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet / Ted Kirkpatrick - Title track from Onward to Freedom released   Tourniquet / Ted Kirkpatrick - Title track from Onward to Freedom released Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2014 2:36 pm

Wonder how they snag all these high profile guest musicians?

I'd like to think they hogtie these guys and throw them into the back of their van and drive to the studio.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet / Ted Kirkpatrick - Title track from Onward to Freedom released   Tourniquet / Ted Kirkpatrick - Title track from Onward to Freedom released Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2014 1:16 am

DakotaRogers wrote:
Wonder how they snag all these high profile guest musicians?

I'd like to think they hogtie these guys and throw them into the back of their van and drive to the studio.

Razz That could be a possibility
Back to top Go down
messiaen77
Metal novice
Metal novice
messiaen77

Number of posts : 7

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet / Ted Kirkpatrick - Title track from Onward to Freedom released   Tourniquet / Ted Kirkpatrick - Title track from Onward to Freedom released Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2014 2:21 pm

I gotta say I don't care for Michael's voice in this one. Too far out of his element IMO.
Back to top Go down
Tur-Thalion
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Tur-Thalion

Number of posts : 350

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet / Ted Kirkpatrick - Title track from Onward to Freedom released   Tourniquet / Ted Kirkpatrick - Title track from Onward to Freedom released Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2014 9:53 am

So since it started out as a Ted Kirkpatrick solo project, I guess he changed it to Tourniquet to drum up more interest, perhaps? But musically, it doesn't really have a Tourniquet vibe. I didn't really enjoy the music all the much, I'll definitely pass on this.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet / Ted Kirkpatrick - Title track from Onward to Freedom released   Tourniquet / Ted Kirkpatrick - Title track from Onward to Freedom released Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2014 10:17 am

It's OK, not great.... pretty much how I feel about Tourniquet - you can get a decent (not great) album by pulling ten songs from their first three albums (and using The Tempter from the live EP)
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet / Ted Kirkpatrick - Title track from Onward to Freedom released   Tourniquet / Ted Kirkpatrick - Title track from Onward to Freedom released Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2014 8:29 pm

I liked what I heard. Looking forward to more.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet / Ted Kirkpatrick - Title track from Onward to Freedom released   Tourniquet / Ted Kirkpatrick - Title track from Onward to Freedom released Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2014 10:33 pm

i think its ok but this might be one of those times the lyrics do get in the way.

Grimmo
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Grimmo

Number of posts : 413

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet / Ted Kirkpatrick - Title track from Onward to Freedom released   Tourniquet / Ted Kirkpatrick - Title track from Onward to Freedom released Icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2014 4:42 am

This isn't the sound I was expecting fromTourniquet . Quite bizarre. Sounds like Stryper with a small dash of Fear Factory thrown in the middle. I like the guitar work in places though. Bookended by two falsetto screams that remind me of the Stop the Bleeding era. I'll have to hear some more tracks to see if this is going to be a purchase. Not too hopeful at this stage. scratch
Back to top Go down
http://waynegrimsey.blogspot.com/
kyleblack
Metal student
Metal student
kyleblack

Number of posts : 159

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet / Ted Kirkpatrick - Title track from Onward to Freedom released   Tourniquet / Ted Kirkpatrick - Title track from Onward to Freedom released Icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2014 10:24 am

Take out the Metalcore section and you have a decent melodic Metal track. Not really my thing though.
Back to top Go down
DakotaRogers
Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet / Ted Kirkpatrick - Title track from Onward to Freedom released   Tourniquet / Ted Kirkpatrick - Title track from Onward to Freedom released Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2014 1:09 pm

Tourniquet / Ted Kirkpatrick - Title track from Onward to Freedom released A0176125993_10

Is that by any chance... an underground railroad? Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet / Ted Kirkpatrick - Title track from Onward to Freedom released   Tourniquet / Ted Kirkpatrick - Title track from Onward to Freedom released Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tourniquet / Ted Kirkpatrick - Title track from Onward to Freedom released
Page 1 of 1