Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2014

Go down 
+34
DeathCult
the sentinel
brokentulsa
Thrasher73
Leatherface
Shawn Of Fire
Metal Misfit
kyleblack
DallasBlack
thejokeriv
springozzy
Lari
DakotaRogers
mr.electric39
Locky
MetallicSeminarian
asgard1980
chewie
Witchfinder
exact33
ultmetal
Runicen
MetalGuy71
ZombieHavoc
Required Fields
tohostudios
Boris2008
nevermore
Fat Freddy
manny
Wargod
Eyesore
corplhicks
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2014 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2014   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2014 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2014 4:04 pm

ZombieHavoc wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Volture - Shocking It's Prey

Nice.

Yea, I've been eyeballing that one for awhile now. Finally decided to pull the trigger as I'm on a bit of a NWOTHM kick at the moment. My only complaint is that I wish it were longer.

That's what she said.

Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2014   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2014 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2014 4:10 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
ZombieHavoc wrote:

Also, back to The Cult discussion from several posts ago...where do you guys Cult collections begin, out of curiosity?

For me, it's Electric. They started into a more hard rock direction, opposed to the goth-rock of their past.

Sonic Temple is where it all came together and really got them noticed though. That had the Rick Rubin hits on it. If someone was looking to start, I'd point them to Sonic Temple and go from there. Electric preceded that one and has hints of what was to come, so I like that one too.

Check this thread for more Cult suggestions...

http://www.heartofmetal.net/t19360-the-cult-best-bester-bestest?highlight=the+cult

Mine actually starts with them when they were the Southern Death Cult/Death Cult. I have those thru Ceremony. I don't have anything after that. I really dig the goth stuff that they did, great atmospheres!
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2014   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2014 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2014 4:16 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
ZombieHavoc wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Nice.

Yea, I've been eyeballing that one for awhile now. Finally decided to pull the trigger as I'm on a bit of a NWOTHM kick at the moment. My only complaint is that I wish it were longer.

That's what she said.

They do have a 7" called Rulebreaker, b-side is a cover of an older NWOBHM band...so that's 2 more songs with Brent on vox. It was a vinyl only thing, but Tank Crimes had it on their bandcamp for a name your price download before, I assume it's still there.

The full length with the new singer is good too. Vocals are a bit different, but still really good.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7613

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2014   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2014 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2014 5:04 pm

ZombieHavoc wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
ZombieHavoc wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Nice.

That's what she said.

They do have a 7" called Rulebreaker, b-side is a cover of an older NWOBHM band...so that's 2 more songs with Brent on vox. It was a vinyl only thing, but Tank Crimes had it on their bandcamp for a name your price download before, I assume it's still there.

The full length with the new singer is good too. Vocals are a bit different, but still really good.

The Rulebreaker b-side is the song "Killer Angels" by Gotham City. They aren't an NWOBHM band, but rather from Sweden. It's a great single. I've got the vinyl and the download.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25910

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2014   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2014 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2014 5:11 pm

Got these in the mail yesterday:

Powerlord - The Awakening
Bolzer - Soma
Devin Townsend - Unplugged
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2014   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2014 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2014 7:10 pm

Latest:

Accept - Blind Rage (CD/DVD)
Mad Parish - Procession (Digital)
Seven Hard Years - No Place In Heaven (Autographed)

So annoyed. I bought the digital release, only to immediately find out that Stormspell is putting out a CD version. Pffft! Haha.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28460

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2014   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2014 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2014 7:24 pm

MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2014 - Page 4 Wasp-first-album
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39655

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2014   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2014 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2014 8:28 pm

Accept - Blind Rage (CD/DVD)
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2014   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2014 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2014 8:33 am

Witchfinder wrote:
ZombieHavoc wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
ZombieHavoc wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Nice.

That's what she said.

The Rulebreaker b-side is the song "Killer Angels" by Gotham City.  They aren't an NWOBHM band, but rather from Sweden.  It's a great single.  I've got the vinyl and the download.    

Knowledge.
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

Number of posts : 1598

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2014   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2014 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2014 3:01 pm

Magnum - The Gathering

Funny story here, someone at one of the Amazon sellers must have dropped a digit from their price, because the normally $30+ set was had (new) for around $10 with shipping. Since three other sellers had prices in the same ballpark, whoever goofed it up must have had competition who had used the "automatically match lowest price" feature.

I want to say I feel bad, but...

MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2014 - Page 4 Grumpy-cat-meme-nope-i2
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2014   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2014 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2014 8:07 pm

Massive - Full Throttle
Reaper - An Atheist Monument
Accept - Balls To The Wall
Accept - Restless And Wild
Accept - I'm A Rebel
Accept - Breaker

Wargod
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2014   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2014 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2014 1:32 pm

My copy of Space Invader came in.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2014   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2014 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2014 5:02 pm

Runicen wrote:
Magnum - The Gathering

Funny story here, someone at one of the Amazon sellers must have dropped a digit from their price, because the normally $30+ set was had (new) for around $10 with shipping.  Since three other sellers had prices in the same ballpark, whoever goofed it up must have had competition who had used the "automatically match lowest price" feature.

I want to say I feel bad, but...

MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2014 - Page 4 Grumpy-cat-meme-nope-i2

I wanted an EP by The Coral a few years ago, but it was always too pricey, around $30 or $40. So I put up for sale my own version, which of course I didn't have, and set the price for $15. The next day, one seller had his copy for $12, which I immediately bought. Then I removed mine. Haha.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2014   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2014 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2014 5:02 pm

My latest:

(HED)pe - Evolution
Imogen Heap - Sparks (2CD)
Space Mushroom Fuzz - Onward, To The Future (EP) (Digital)
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2014   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2014 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2014 9:53 am

Accept - Blind Rage
Ace Frehley - Space Invader
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

Number of posts : 1598

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2014   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2014 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2014 10:19 am

Eyesore wrote:
I wanted an EP by The Coral a few years ago, but it was always too pricey, around $30 or $40. So I put up for sale my own version, which of course I didn't have, and set the price for $15. The next day, one seller had his copy for $12, which I immediately bought. Then I removed mine. Haha.

I read this and was very conflicted about whether to congratulate you on quick thinking or finger wag for gaming the system.

I've settled on a very respectable stoic golf clap.

MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2014 - Page 4 Kane-slow-clap
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2014   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2014 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2014 10:57 am

Runicen wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

I read this and was very conflicted about whether to congratulate you on quick thinking or finger wag for gaming the system.  

I've settled on a very respectable stoic golf clap.

MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2014 - Page 4 Kane-slow-clap

lol! 

It's not something that can be done often, of course, and it'll only work if they have an automated pricing program setup.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2014   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2014 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2014 1:29 pm

Picked up a few cassette tapes for a buck each:

MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2014 - Page 4 88_hittman
MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2014 - Page 4 The%2BHangmen%2B-%2BSt%2Bcd%2Bfront_modifi%25C3%25A9-1%2Bblog
MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2014 - Page 4 NEVERLAND1
MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2014 - Page 4 61nARyHw%2BiL
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2014   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2014 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2014 4:58 pm

Ronnie Munroe - Electric Wake
Traumer - The Great Metal Storm
Victory - Don't Get Mad...Get Even

Wargod
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2014   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2014 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2014 12:35 pm

Bastard Sapling - Instinct Is Forever
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2014   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2014 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2014 3:28 pm

Accept - Blind Rage, limited boxset sweet boxset it is.

WWargod
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2014   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2014 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2014 8:23 pm

Accept - Russian Roulette
Accept - The Final Chapter
Accept - Eat The Heat
Accept - Blind Rage, cd/dvd
Heliosaga - Towers In The Distance
Suicide Watch - The Alienation Zone

Wargod
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2014   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2014 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2014 11:28 am

In today's mailbox...

Picture - Diamond Dreamer / Picture 1 (re-issue)
Picture - Eternal Dark / Heavy Metal Ears (re-issue)
Reverend - World Won't Miss You (re-issue)
Reverend - Play God (re-issue)
Weapons - Reflections of a Troubled Mind

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7613

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2014   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2014 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2014 11:32 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
In today's mailbox...

Picture - Diamond Dreamer / Picture 1 (re-issue)
Picture - Eternal Dark / Heavy Metal Ears (re-issue)
Reverend - World Won't Miss You (re-issue)
Reverend - Play God (re-issue)
Weapons - Reflections of a Troubled Mind

Nice haul.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2014   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2014 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2014 11:36 am

Thanks. I wanted to grab those Reverend re-issues before they disappeared from existence again. The other ones just sounded so darn good, I couldn't resist. headbanger

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2014   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2014 - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2014
Page 4 of 17Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 17  Next