Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Which Windows Word 2013 do I need for one home computer?

Go down 
+3
Shawn Of Fire
mlotek
scottmitchell74
7 posters
AuthorMessage
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

Which Windows Word 2013 do I need for one home computer? Empty
PostSubject: Which Windows Word 2013 do I need for one home computer?   Which Windows Word 2013 do I need for one home computer? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2014 8:12 pm

My Microsoft package didn't come with Word. Am I okay with the Key Card/Non-commercial one? How does that work? Opinions?

Thanks, you geeks! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: Which Windows Word 2013 do I need for one home computer?   Which Windows Word 2013 do I need for one home computer? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2014 10:52 am

Microsoft Office Word was supposed to be included with my PC , but I was never given a code and it only worked free for a month.

The plain Windows WORD program is not that good in my opinion, and preferred typing in Notepad.

instead I use freeware - Apache OpenOffice
https://www.openoffice.org/download/
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Which Windows Word 2013 do I need for one home computer?   Which Windows Word 2013 do I need for one home computer? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2014 11:51 am

I was gonna suggest Open Office...completely compatible.

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Which Windows Word 2013 do I need for one home computer?   Which Windows Word 2013 do I need for one home computer? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2014 12:18 pm

Open Office is the shit. I use it for invoicing, client tracking, tax prep, forms, hell even screenwriting. Open Office is to MS Office what Chrome or Mozilla is to IE. And it's free.
Back to top Go down
Citanul
Metal master
Metal master
Citanul

Number of posts : 657

PostSubject: Re: Which Windows Word 2013 do I need for one home computer?   Which Windows Word 2013 do I need for one home computer? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2014 1:19 pm

I use LibreOffice, which spun off from Open Office. I'm not sure what the differences between the two are, but it's another option.

http://www.libreoffice.org/
Back to top Go down
Lovecraft
Metal student
Metal student
Lovecraft

Number of posts : 120

PostSubject: Re: Which Windows Word 2013 do I need for one home computer?   Which Windows Word 2013 do I need for one home computer? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2014 2:11 pm

I concur with the suggestions for Open Office.
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

Number of posts : 1598

PostSubject: Re: Which Windows Word 2013 do I need for one home computer?   Which Windows Word 2013 do I need for one home computer? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2014 3:47 pm

The only beef I have with OpenOffice is that their version of Word (called "Write," if memory serves) sometimes has anomalies when its files are opened by someone else using Word. If you're just using your files "internally," this isn't a problem, but if you're sending stuff like resumes and the like out, they may arrive looking a little "formatting challenged."

If it's just for you though, OO is good stuff.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Which Windows Word 2013 do I need for one home computer?   Which Windows Word 2013 do I need for one home computer? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2014 4:18 pm

You have a good point Runicen, i had that issue when i first started using it. I always export to pdf anymore, but if i do need to send a editable file then i save as rtf, which can still throw things off.
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

Number of posts : 1598

PostSubject: Re: Which Windows Word 2013 do I need for one home computer?   Which Windows Word 2013 do I need for one home computer? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2014 4:49 pm

Saving to PDF is definitely your friend if sending stuff out. That may take care of any real problems with OO.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which Windows Word 2013 do I need for one home computer?   Which Windows Word 2013 do I need for one home computer? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Which Windows Word 2013 do I need for one home computer?
Page 1 of 1