Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

iTunes (Windows) issue...

Go down 
+7
A Handful of Wayne
Eyesore
chewie
EvyMetal
Thrasher73
Rex
Shawn Of Fire
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

iTunes (Windows) issue... Empty
PostSubject: iTunes (Windows) issue...   iTunes (Windows) issue... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 9:19 am

OK, I updated to the newest version of iTunes. Then I updated my iPhone to the newest OS that everyone seems to hate.

But since then, MP3s don't play through iTunes without sounding noisy, garbled and like its in a can. It's only MP3s...videos, podcasts, CDs, and everything else plays like normal so it's not my speakers. But MP3s, existing and newly ripped, all play nothing but noise.

I've checked Preferences, rebooted, and looked in all the iTunes nooks and crannys looking for something that may have been switched on or off. I got nothing.

Any ideas?
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: iTunes (Windows) issue...   iTunes (Windows) issue... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 9:48 am

Do the mp3's sound fine on a different system/computer?

It sounds like maybe a codec that deciphers/translates the mp3 information into music may have gotten corrupted. I'm not sure what to do about that, maybe uninstall iTunes and try reinstalling it?

Try those same mp3s using a different player on the same computer and see if they sound any different.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: iTunes (Windows) issue...   iTunes (Windows) issue... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 10:02 am

Windows Media Player and my iPod play the MP3s fine...it probably is a codec in the iTunes 10.5 update...

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: iTunes (Windows) issue...   iTunes (Windows) issue... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 10:12 am

I had a problem with my apps when I updated to the newest version of itunes recently.After resynching to the computer though it took care of it.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: iTunes (Windows) issue...   iTunes (Windows) issue... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 10:15 am

After some digging, it looks as if the newest iTunes (10.5) clashes with Windows XP and certain processors. The Apple forums have been lighting up about it for a couple weeks now, but Apple has yet to acknowledge the problem or offer a solution.

A lot of the people on the Apple forums rolled back to 10.4.1, but my phone now has iOS5 and I don't think it would be compatible.

Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: iTunes (Windows) issue...   iTunes (Windows) issue... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 2:05 pm

I never update my itunes
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: iTunes (Windows) issue...   iTunes (Windows) issue... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 2:52 pm

EvyMetal wrote:
I never update my itunes

Nor I. I only had to because I lost the older version that I preferred.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: iTunes (Windows) issue...   iTunes (Windows) issue... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 2:57 pm

I have iTunes 10.5.0.142 installed and I have XP. I haven't had any issues at all. Did you try what Rex suggested, the uninstall/reinstall?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: iTunes (Windows) issue...   iTunes (Windows) issue... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 3:13 pm

Could also be an issue with Quicktime (the engine iTunes uses).
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: iTunes (Windows) issue...   iTunes (Windows) issue... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 8:14 pm

I stopped updating my itunes a few months ago. I forget what problem it was giving me but after installing and reinstalling a million times I said screw it I'm going back to the old version and everything worked fine.

It's like every couple of weeks theres a new update and theres always something wrong.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: iTunes (Windows) issue...   iTunes (Windows) issue... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 10:31 pm

It's hard for any software company to make changes to their product and never have any issues. We do it at work, and we test new software rollouts like crazy in the lab, all kinds of scenarios, but when it goes live at our sites there are always issues. There's just no way we can ever predict the kind of crazy stuff people do on computers. Haha.

In the case of iTunes, they have to try to figure out how the billions of other programs and such people have on their PCs will interact with iTunes. Which of course is impossible. So I give any software company a lot of slack when it comes to this stuff.

That said, aside from the recent issue with artwork not updating when added, which was fixed quickly, I haven't had any issues with iTunes updates.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: iTunes (Windows) issue...   iTunes (Windows) issue... Icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 8:05 am

Uninstalled, reinstalled, same problem. The podcasts I get (via iTunes store) play fine...any CD I have ripped myself sounds like hollow, digitized noise.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: iTunes (Windows) issue...   iTunes (Windows) issue... Icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 8:19 am

What if you rip your cd as an mp4 or aac (whatever iTunes natively uses instead of mp3 by default)? Do those still sound messed up?
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: iTunes (Windows) issue...   iTunes (Windows) issue... Icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 8:21 am

I tried converting an MP3 to AAC...but got same problem. I could try ripping a new track as AAC...but ALL of my other music is MP3.

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: iTunes (Windows) issue...   iTunes (Windows) issue... Icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 11:34 am

Ripped as AAC plays fine...

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: iTunes (Windows) issue...   iTunes (Windows) issue... Icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 11:35 am

Newly ripped as MP3 is jacked...it's the encoder.

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: iTunes (Windows) issue...   iTunes (Windows) issue... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 8:20 am

For anyone keeping up, iTunes fixed the issue in their last update.

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: iTunes (Windows) issue...   iTunes (Windows) issue... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 1:39 pm

*sticks fingers in ears* LA LA LA Nope can't hear you! Not updating iTunes ever again... LA LA LA.. Still can't hear you....

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: iTunes (Windows) issue...   iTunes (Windows) issue... Icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 8:17 pm

I haven't used my iPod for music but I have a hard time with pictures (which I use it for most as well as a camera, voice recorder, and note taker). I have 4,999 pictures I want on my device but using iTunes, it will only sync 4,263 of them. It was worse on my desktop as only 2,000+ would sync. My laptop does a better job of running iTunes but it still won't sync all my pictures. I tried iTunes alternatives but none of them work for pictures. With this much trouble using pictures, I shudder to think how much of a pain in the arse using it for my music. Say what you will about the Zune (Unfortunatly, I've gone through too many of them to go back to them-I can still use my Zune HD, but I'm forced to reset it every couple of weeks), but it's software is more user friendly (probably because it's from Microsoft, maybe iPods work better if you have a Mac).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
snooloui
Metal master
Metal master
snooloui

Number of posts : 913

PostSubject: Re: iTunes (Windows) issue...   iTunes (Windows) issue... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 8:35 am

I've never had a problem with iTunes when it comes to music. Admittedly I only have a few over 3000 songs though. I did have the distorted CD problem though (with Toto-Toto IV - I was gutted) but that's sorted now.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: iTunes (Windows) issue...   iTunes (Windows) issue... Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 4:53 pm

I've been having some problems recently with getting songs to play on my iPod. It was my understanding that even if a song wasn't ripped from a CD through iTunes, you could still put the files on your iPod (mp3 format of course) and play them.

Recently, I ripped a bunch of CDs to my PS3 and imported them to a thumb drive (PC won't read CDs anymore... yet it'll still read DVDs Rolling Eyes ) then placed them into iTunes, updated their artist/album info, clicked & dragged them over to my iPod. I can click and play the files from my iPod while it is still connected to PC/iTunes but once I disconnect, the files won't play on my iPod. It'll just sit there and sometimes the timer will start going like it's playing but it's actually not. Most of the time, it'll sit for a few seconds on the song then skip over to the next available song.

The iPod has no problem playing podcasts or files I have downloaded straight to my PC (said files have NOT come from the itunes store) on this iPod so I don't know what's going on. I could've sworn this iPod has played stuff I've brought over from my PS3 before but now I'm not sure!
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: iTunes (Windows) issue...   iTunes (Windows) issue... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2012 8:32 pm

Hijacking this.

Anyone else upgrade to iTunes 11? I love the new way you can view albums, particularly the Albums option, but when listening to tunes on shuffle, it doesn't change from album to album when the next song comes on. It will under the Songs option, but not any of the others.

Anyone figure out how to get that to work? I can't. I've looked online and can't find anyone else complaining about it, so either I'm missing something or everyone else thinks it's okay that it never switches to a new album.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: iTunes (Windows) issue...   iTunes (Windows) issue... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2012 9:04 pm

After my last problem with updating Itunes I'm afraid to update it again. I'll probably eventually give in because I hate seeing the thing pop up saying update. The problem I keep having is the artwork isn't showing up when I put the songs on my ipod. Sometimes it will show up for all the songs except for the first song on the album and sometimes it won't show up at all. I should probably update and see if that fixes the problem cause thats never happened to me before until I got the version I'm using now.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: iTunes (Windows) issue...   iTunes (Windows) issue... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2012 9:23 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
After my last problem with updating Itunes I'm afraid to update it again. I'll probably eventually give in because I hate seeing the thing pop up saying update. The problem I keep having is the artwork isn't showing up when I put the songs on my ipod. Sometimes it will show up for all the songs except for the first song on the album and sometimes it won't show up at all. I should probably update and see if that fixes the problem cause thats never happened to me before until I got the version I'm using now.
This is a whole redesign on this update.
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

PostSubject: Re: iTunes (Windows) issue...   iTunes (Windows) issue... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2012 9:32 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Hijacking this.

Anyone else upgrade to iTunes 11? I love the new way you can view albums, particularly the Albums option, but when listening to tunes on shuffle, it doesn't change from album to album when the next song comes on. It will under the Songs option, but not any of the others.

Anyone figure out how to get that to work? I can't. I've looked online and can't find anyone else complaining about it, so either I'm missing something or everyone else thinks it's okay that it never switches to a new album.

I'm just guessing here, but right-click on the album art and see if there is an option for "Show Now Playing" or something. That's how Media Monkey works.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: iTunes (Windows) issue...   iTunes (Windows) issue... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

iTunes (Windows) issue...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next