Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Deliverance announce release date for FINAL album...

Go down 
+4
Addy
ultmetal
bgsully
BillRoxx
8 posters
AuthorMessage
BillRoxx
Metal master
Metal master
BillRoxx

Number of posts : 976

Deliverance announce release date for FINAL album... Empty
PostSubject: Deliverance announce release date for FINAL album...   Deliverance announce release date for FINAL album... Icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2013 12:07 pm

In 1985, in a small damp garage in the midst of middle class housing in Los Angeles, CA. three musicians met up with a 15 year old singer/guitar player who placed an ad in the local Recycler Newspaper classifieds for “band wanted”. Little did they know that this was the beginning of what would become one of the most revered and celebrated musical entities, known to the metal world as Deliverance!

After only a few months of rehearsing, Deliverance began their march on the LA Club Scene. Playing and becoming regulars to such venues as The Waters Club, The Whiskey a Go Go, The Troubadour, The Country Club and The Oasis the group was becoming well known amongst their peers and garnering a rather large fan base in a short time.

After the release of their four song demo, Greetings of Death in 1987, the band became a n band became a nationally known act as the now infamous demo was receiving ranting reviews, and orders were coming in from all over the United States, and even South America and stretching into Canada. This of course led to invites to play shows states-wide, and also playing festivals in Southern and Northern California.

Deliverance’s unique sound of combining thrash/speed metal with melodic vocals was received well with the media and fans alike. This led to “D” being asked to contribute (2) songs to a compilation album aptly titled “California Metal” on Regency Records. Alongside other giants in the Christian Metal world such as Barren Cross, Guardian, Neon Cross and others, “D” was asked to provide a more melodic type of track as the brutal sound of thrash made the Pakaderm Production Team of John and Dino Elefante a little uncomfortable.

“D” was of course up to the task and had the perfect song to balance out the edge of thrash with the song A Space Called You. But, as band leader Jimmy P. Brown II insisted, there would need to be an absolute representation of the bands live performance. This would be the world’s first national release of a Christian speed metal track with the song Attack! Unsure of how this new sound would be received by the world of CCM, the song was nicely hidden toward the end of the album. Much to the surprise of the label and prod the label and production team, Deliverance was voted the most popular band of the entire release! The Big “D” (as the fans began to call them) were now on the path to become what CCM Magazine would call them years later, “The Biggest Band in CCM since Stryper”…

Four years after their beginning, the world was now ready to get what they’d been waiting for, the release of their self entitled debut full length LP. With the release of this album, “D” began their career as a touring band on the road. They now were taking their LA brand of speed metal to the world! The album received rave reviews and “D” has the esteemed honor to hold the Number 45 spot on Metal Hammer’s list of the Top 50 Thrash Albums of All Time! This list contains many of their musical peers such as Slayer, Metallica, Megadeth, Testament, Sacred Reich and many others. Deliverance is the only metal band on this list with a Christian worldview being hailed as a contemporary among these Thrash Legends!

Through many years and many changes, Deliverance has stood the test of time with stylistic, personnel, and the constant flood of change in the music scene. (9) Studio Releases and (2) live albums, a healthy share of airtime on MTV’s Headbanger’s Ball with their ground breaking video Weapons of our Warfare, 7 National and International Tours, “D” continues to be a welcomed guest to this huge party we call “The Metal Music Scene”!

Now, 28 years later, 2013 will see the release of The Big “D”’s 10th and Final Studio Release. Hear What I Say is a surprising fresh blend of the entire “D” musical repertoire rolled into one record. With (9) originals and (2) surprise cover songs, this release will once again show the world that Jimmy P. Brown II has not missed one step with his 4 man army! Always ready to deliver, he assembled a true cast of players for this final venture that were up to the task!

Michael Phillips – of Deliverance, Fasedown and Join the Dead fame on Lead and Rhythm Guitar

Manny Morales – of Deliverance fame on the 5 String Bass

And Jayson Sherlock – of Mortification, Paramecium, Horde and Revulsed fame on Drums

Jimmy P. Brown II says:

“I wanted to put the final chapter to this book called “Deliverance” in its proper prospective! Tand downs, but in the end it was a magnificent journey with all the band members over the years, and more importantly our fans! This album is for them, to say goodbye in true “D” fashion! I am ever grateful to all the supporters throughout the years, but “D” has run its course. I want her to rest and go out with a nice beautiful and loud bang! To all our fans, supporters, and ALL of my former band-mates, it was a wonderful roller coaster ride, scary, exciting, nauseating, thrilling, terrifying, but in the end it was fun! Lives were touched, people found what they needed at the time, and now, the next journey will begin…”

3 Frogz Records/Roxx Records are very pleased to announce the release of the final offering from “Deliverance” entitled ‘Hear What I Say!’ September 3, 2013 the world will get what they have been waiting for the brand new and final album from “Deliverance”.

Stay Tuned for full release details in the coming weeks.

www.deliverancerocks.com

www.3frogzrecords.com

www.roxxproductions.com
==============================================

OTHER ROXX RECORDS NEWS....

Pylon - 'The Harrowing of Hell' is almost complete and will be shipping in the next 2 weeks to all who pre-order. Official Street Date is June 4th 2013 (DOOM Metal for Black Sabbath fans)

ForChristSake - Divine Visions of Apocalyptic Terror' is coming along nicely but the band has asked for a little more time to finish recording and make it perfect so we had to push this back to July! Trust us it will be worth the wait! (Unblack Metal Fans Rejoice)

Absolon - 'Darkness Rising' has been getting rave reviews and is now shipping all over the world! (Awesome Power Metal for fans of Queensryche and Kamelot)

InnerSiege - 'Kingdom of Shadows' will probably be the Power Metal release of 2013 if we have anything to say about it! Getting airplay and sales all over the world and you can pick it up now as we are officially on to our second pressing of this Power Metal gem!

Ultimatum - 'Heart of Metal' thrash metal fans rejoice as New Mexico thrash legends have released their latest offering and we are proud to say it will be on its second pressing soon and a special announcement on the first copies of the second pressing is forthcoming! Stay tuned!

Join The Dead - 'Self Titled' this thrash metal power house is kicking it in to high gear, their debut album is doing well and the band just played their first official live show in Fresno California last moth and is gearing up for more shows and to work on album number 2! Stay Tuned for that but pick up their debut album now!

JumpShipQuick - 'Where Thieves cannot Tread' Our first venture in to the punk world has been paying off with this Punk masterpiece on our new imprint Punk Roxx Records. The band has just premiered a brand new smoking video that you can view by going to our website and clicking on our You Tube channel. Note their drummers awesome taste in t-shirts and give the new video a look!
==============================================
Back to top Go down
http://www.roxxproductions.com
bgsully
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bgsully

Number of posts : 1692

PostSubject: Re: Deliverance announce release date for FINAL album...   Deliverance announce release date for FINAL album... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 03, 2013 2:11 pm

Suspect don\'t know sigh
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Deliverance announce release date for FINAL album...   Deliverance announce release date for FINAL album... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 03, 2013 2:13 pm

Jimmy had a death in the family that delayed the release, but from what I understand the album is recorded and just needs to be mastered. I'm not the final word, but that was the latest news I heard.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bgsully

PostSubject: Re: Deliverance announce release date for FINAL album...   Deliverance announce release date for FINAL album... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 03, 2013 2:16 pm

Yea, I heard that, as well.....but you can't blame a fan for hoping. Smile
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Deliverance announce release date for FINAL album...   Deliverance announce release date for FINAL album... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 03, 2013 9:49 pm

I wonder who the death in the family was... I havent chatted with Jimmy in years Sad
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
BillRoxx
Metal master
Metal master
BillRoxx

PostSubject: Re: Deliverance announce release date for FINAL album...   Deliverance announce release date for FINAL album... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 12:51 am

Dearest D Fans,

I apologize for the slow down of the release of "Hear What I Say" as it was due for release this month. Some personal issues with family passing away, and other mitigating circumstances have prevented the finalizing steps of the mix and mastering. But, the album is in final stage, and will be released before the years end...

I apologize, but between all of these items listed above, and working a 60 hour work week, it has been tough to accomplish! None the less, it will be delivered... (pun fully intended)

Always,
Jimmy P. Brown II
Back to top Go down
bgsully
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bgsully

PostSubject: Re: Deliverance announce release date for FINAL album...   Deliverance announce release date for FINAL album... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 6:32 am

Looking forward to it!  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Deliverance announce release date for FINAL album...   Deliverance announce release date for FINAL album... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 8:13 pm

me too. I liked the song they release awhile back.

Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Deliverance announce release date for FINAL album...   Deliverance announce release date for FINAL album... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 10:23 pm

I just hope this album is what everyone has been waiting for. I'm not expecting Weapons part 2... but at least give us something fast and heavy on a few songs.
Back to top Go down
BillRoxx
Metal master
Metal master
BillRoxx

PostSubject: Re: Deliverance announce release date for FINAL album...   Deliverance announce release date for FINAL album... Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 12:03 am

I have heard 10 songs already and can tell you I think personally this album will be the one D fans have been waiting for!
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Deliverance announce release date for FINAL album...   Deliverance announce release date for FINAL album... Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 7:55 pm

BillRoxx wrote:
I have heard 10 songs already and can tell you I think personally this album will be the one D fans have been waiting for!
not to criticize but this is not the first time this has been said about an upcoming Deliverance release.

ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Deliverance announce release date for FINAL album...   Deliverance announce release date for FINAL album... Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 8:34 pm

exact33 wrote:
BillRoxx wrote:
not to criticize but this is not the first time this has been said about an upcoming Deliverance release.
But Bill is an actual Deliverance fanatic, he's not just some record executive trying to hype an album.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Deliverance announce release date for FINAL album...   Deliverance announce release date for FINAL album... Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 9:04 pm

exact33 wrote:
BillRoxx wrote:
That's very true. I just hope this will be the album "the fans" want. It's gonna be the last one after all...
Back to top Go down
BillRoxx
Metal master
Metal master
BillRoxx

PostSubject: Re: Deliverance announce release date for FINAL album...   Deliverance announce release date for FINAL album... Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 11:58 pm

There is some very cool return to form thrash tracks on here, a REALLY cool cover tune that I think sounds awesome, and some really cool stuff that fans in Germany are gonna flip over, IMO !
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Deliverance announce release date for FINAL album...   Deliverance announce release date for FINAL album... Icon_minitimeSat Sep 07, 2013 2:27 am

BillRoxx wrote:
There is some very cool return to form thrash tracks on here, a REALLY cool cover tune that I think sounds awesome, and some really cool stuff that fans in Germany are gonna flip over, IMO !
Could the stuff the germans will flip over have anything to do with a Rammstein influence? I heard that Jimmy is a fan.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Deliverance announce release date for FINAL album...   Deliverance announce release date for FINAL album... Icon_minitimeSat Sep 07, 2013 7:12 am

Troublezone wrote:
BillRoxx wrote:
Could the stuff the germans will flip over have anything to do with a Rammstein influence? I heard that Jimmy is a fan.
please say it isnt so!!!!!

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Deliverance announce release date for FINAL album...   Deliverance announce release date for FINAL album... Icon_minitimeSat Sep 07, 2013 9:52 am

kmorg wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
BillRoxx wrote:
please say it isnt so!!!!!
I heard they are covering the song p*ssy
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Deliverance announce release date for FINAL album...   Deliverance announce release date for FINAL album... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 6:05 am

BillRoxx wrote:
When the album was first announced I heard they were covering a song by Sombrance is this still the case?
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Deliverance announce release date for FINAL album...   Deliverance announce release date for FINAL album... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Deliverance announce release date for FINAL album...
Page 1 of 1