Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What is your Least favorite album by your Favorite band????

Go down 
+42
kropotkin
Grimmo
Dave the Boss
Harold Benson
DeathCult
Icy Grave
Runicen
BearOnUnicycle
ZombieHavoc
ElectricEye93
80s Metal Lady
SAHB Healer
Witchfinder
MetalGuy71
tohostudios
brokentulsa
DakotaRogers
Thelemech
Short-Fuse
MoonChild
Vexer6
nevermore
scottmitchell74
MetallicSeminarian
Glower
ultmetal
chewie
akeldama
glassprison
corplhicks
Lari
thejokeriv
Headbanger Man
Fat Freddy
Boris2008
jstate
kethdredd
iamrockerfun
manny
mc666
mr.electric39
46 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

What is your Least favorite album by your Favorite band???? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is your Least favorite album by your Favorite band????   What is your Least favorite album by your Favorite band???? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2014 4:38 pm

ultmetal wrote:

Aerosmith - Pump

Serious? I figured you would have picked Permanent Vacation as their worst.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: What is your Least favorite album by your Favorite band????   What is your Least favorite album by your Favorite band???? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2014 5:34 pm

I could easily add VHIII and Slang (Def Lep) - horrible albums.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39570

PostSubject: Re: What is your Least favorite album by your Favorite band????   What is your Least favorite album by your Favorite band???? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2014 6:13 pm

Lari wrote:
007 wrote:

Rage - XIII
You're nuts. That's an amazing record! It has a bunch of classic Rage songs like From the Cradle to the Grave, Heartblood and In Vain.

So you say. It's just a little too symphonic for my tastes. It's not a bad album by any stretch but out of all the Rage (and I own them all) it's the one I like the least.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: What is your Least favorite album by your Favorite band????   What is your Least favorite album by your Favorite band???? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2014 6:23 pm

MetallicSeminarian wrote:

Iron Maiden:  Killers   Shocked 

Mortification: Brain Cleaner or Scribe of the Pentateuch  cheers 

Rez: Hostage - This was my gateway album into the entire hard music scene. LOVE IT!

Rob Rock: Rage of Creation  affraid  affraid 

Sacrament: Testimony of Apocalypse  Shocked 

Tourniquet: Crawl to China  cheers 

Vengeance Rising: Destruction Comes - I know it's their "worst" but I still love it.

As for me:

Iron Maiden - Virtual XI

The above mentioned TQT and Morty albums. Agreed!

Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: What is your Least favorite album by your Favorite band????   What is your Least favorite album by your Favorite band???? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2014 6:38 pm

[quote="scottmitchell74"]
MetallicSeminarian wrote:

Iron Maiden:  Killers   Shocked 

Mortification: Brain Cleaner or Scribe of the Pentateuch  cheers 

Rez: Hostage - This was my gateway album into the entire hard music scene. LOVE IT!

Rob Rock: Rage of Creation  affraid  affraid 

Sacrament: Testimony of Apocalypse  Shocked 

Tourniquet: Crawl to China  cheers 

Vengeance Rising: Destruction Comes - I know it's their "worst" but I still love it.

As for me:

Iron Maiden - Virtual XI

The above mentioned TQT and Morty albums. Agreed!

[/quote
Oh, don't get me wrong. I like most of what I listed to some extent, (especially Rage of Creation), but those are the ones I enjoy least.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25863

PostSubject: Re: What is your Least favorite album by your Favorite band????   What is your Least favorite album by your Favorite band???? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2014 9:54 pm

KISS - Unmasked
Black Sabbath - Forbidden

Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: What is your Least favorite album by your Favorite band????   What is your Least favorite album by your Favorite band???? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2014 3:02 am

ultmetal wrote:
Hard to really pick. I like a lot of these albums, but they just aren't my favorites by these bands...

Aerosmith - Pump
Judas Priest - Turbo
Ted Nugent - Penetrator
Thin Lizzy - Chinatown
UFO - Ain't Misbehavin'
Deliverance - Assimilation
KISS - Crazy Nights
Alice Cooper - DaDa
Stryper - Reborn
Megadeth - Risk
Metallica - St. Anger
Motorhead - March or Die
Mortification - Silver Chord is Severed
Exodus - The Atrocity Exhibition... Exhibit A

I'm sure I could think of more, but those are the ones that came to mind first.

I thought Hot in the Shade was your least favorite KISS album?

Mine is Music from the Elder, not a single good song on the entire album, even the band is rightfully ashamed of that one.

My others are:

Alice Cooper: Pretties for You
UFO: tie between UFO 1 and UFO 2
Judas Priest: Nostradamus
Bonfire: Free
Metallica: St. Anger(probably my least favorite album of all time actually)
Motley Crue: s/t(i'm guessing for you it's Generation Swine)
Iron Maiden: a Matter of Life and Death
Krokus: s/t
Helix: Breaking Loose
Cheap Trick: Woke up with a Monster
Black Sabbath: Technical Ecstasy
Van Halen: Diver Down
Def Leppard: X
Saxon: s/t
Warrant: Belly to Belly
Accept: s/t
Europe: Secret Society
Loudness: Heavy Metal Hippies
Rush: s/t
Scorpions: Lonesome Crow
Saga: Images at Twilight
Blue Oyster Cult: Secret Treaties
Triumph: s/t
Ozzy: Down to Earth
Poison: Native Tongue
Bon Jovi: Keep the Faith
Deep Purple: Shades of Deep Purple

Last edited by Vexer6 on Sun Aug 03, 2014 3:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

PostSubject: Re: What is your Least favorite album by your Favorite band????   What is your Least favorite album by your Favorite band???? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2014 3:06 am

Lari wrote:
I think there's three bands that are head and shoulders above the rest. And luckily they also have large enough back catalogues to actually have albums I don't like (or albums I clearly like less than others).

So, I'd go with:

Iron Maiden - No Prayer for the Dying
Bruce changed his singing style and this "new Bruce" sounds forced and bad. Songwriting is stale, even compared to Virtual XI, where it's at least decent. I also love Blaze, and eventhough he's not a great fit on Virtual XI, that is still a good listen. But here with No Prayer, Maiden hit rock bottom. "Tailgunner" is good, the title track is okay, so it's not a complete loss, but the rest is pretty mediocre.

Judas Priest - Rocka Rolla
Kind of an unfair choice, because the band hadn't formed their sound yet. It's just an oddity in the long catalogue of Priest albums. If this didn't count, Ram It Down would have been my choice, because it's so generic and the drums sound bad. But even that one has highlights like Blood Red Skies, I'm a Rocker and the title track that together make it much better than Rocka Rolla.

Savatage - Fight for the Rock
I've... never actually heard this album in full. It's just something I believe is better that way. Savatage is my favourite band, I love them, I have all their albums and all their spinoffs and everything, but I think I'll just be happy keeping this away from the player. I've read enough about it and it probably shouldn't be tagged with the Savatage logo, but I like to consider it a better record than it probably is. I can't do that if I hear it completely, can I?  Very Happy

I think it's unfair to judge an album if you haven't even listened to it all the way through.  I think you owe it to yourself to at least listen to all the songs on the album before passing judgement on it.

I personally prefer Fight for the Rock to all of Savatage's output from Gutter Ballet onwards to be honest.

I think "No Prayer" is pretty underrated, I actually just listened to that one recently and I feel it still holds up well. A Matter of Life and Death on the other hand did very little for me, Maiden and concept albums just do not mix well IMO, there are some good songs on the album, but the problem is it sounds odd when you listen to them out of order, and I honestly struggled to keep my interest several times when listening from start to finish.

I think Ram it Down is actually one of the best Priest albums, it has some killer songs like the title track, Heavy Metal and Hard as Iron. Nostradamus I had the same problem with as I did with AMOLAD, only it was even more boring, I only listened to it all the way through once and have no desire to do so again.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: What is your Least favorite album by your Favorite band????   What is your Least favorite album by your Favorite band???? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2014 10:23 am

AC/DC is my favourite band, and Fly on the wall is my least fav of their albums.

Iron Maiden - A Matter of Life and Death / The Final Frontier
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: What is your Least favorite album by your Favorite band????   What is your Least favorite album by your Favorite band???? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2014 10:44 am

Interesting thread, for those of you who said

Killers
British Steel
UFO 1 & 2
Lonesome Crow or
Fly on the Wall

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked 
Back to top Go down
Short-Fuse
Metal student
Metal student
Short-Fuse

Number of posts : 195

PostSubject: Re: What is your Least favorite album by your Favorite band????   What is your Least favorite album by your Favorite band???? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2014 11:50 am

Kyuss-Wretch
Nuclear Assault-3rd World Genocide
Dark Angel-Leave Scars
Monster Magnet-Monolithic Baby
Exodus-Let there be Blood
Into Eternity-The Incurable Tragedy
Wrathchild America-3-D
Overkill-I Hear Black
Hawkwind-Church of Hawkwind
Angkor Wat-Corpus Christi

Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6336

PostSubject: Re: What is your Least favorite album by your Favorite band????   What is your Least favorite album by your Favorite band???? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2014 12:01 pm

Vexer6 wrote:
Lari wrote:
I think there's three bands that are head and shoulders above the rest. And luckily they also have large enough back catalogues to actually have albums I don't like (or albums I clearly like less than others).

So, I'd go with:

Bruce changed his singing style and this "new Bruce" sounds forced and bad. Songwriting is stale, even compared to Virtual XI, where it's at least decent. I also love Blaze, and eventhough he's not a great fit on Virtual XI, that is still a good listen. But here with No Prayer, Maiden hit rock bottom. "Tailgunner" is good, the title track is okay, so it's not a complete loss, but the rest is pretty mediocre.

Kind of an unfair choice, because the band hadn't formed their sound yet. It's just an oddity in the long catalogue of Priest albums. If this didn't count, Ram It Down would have been my choice, because it's so generic and the drums sound bad. But even that one has highlights like Blood Red Skies, I'm a Rocker and the title track that together make it much better than Rocka Rolla.

How is A Matter of Life and Death a concept album, with songs about nuclear weapons, childbirth and the devil, for instance? Anyway, it's probably my #1 favourite Iron Maiden album of them all. Every track is 5 stars, with the exception of maybe Benjamin Breeg and the Pilgrim.

I've... never actually heard this album in full. It's just something I believe is better that way. Savatage is my favourite band, I love them, I have all their albums and all their spinoffs and everything, but I think I'll just be happy keeping this away from the player. I've read enough about it and it probably shouldn't be tagged with the Savatage logo, but I like to consider it a better record than it probably is. I can't do that if I hear it completely, can I?  Very Happy

I think it's unfair to judge an album if you haven't even listened to it all the way through.  I think you owe it to yourself to at least listen to all the songs on the album before passing judgement on it.

I personally prefer Fight for the Rock to all of Savatage's output from Gutter Ballet onwards to be honest.

I think "No Prayer" is pretty underrated, I actually just listened to that one recently and I feel it still holds up well.  A Matter of Life and Death on the other hand did very little for me, Maiden and concept albums just do not mix well IMO, there are some good songs on the album, but the problem is it sounds odd when you listen to them out of order, and I honestly struggled to keep my interest several times when listening from start to finish.

I think Ram it Down is actually one of the best Priest albums, it has some killer songs like the title track, Heavy Metal and Hard as   Iron.  Nostradamus I had the same problem with as I did with AMOLAD, only it was even more boring, I only listened to it all the way through once and have no desire to do so again.

How is A Matter of Life and Death a concept album, with songs about nuclear weapons, childbirth and the devil, for instance? Anyway, it's probably my #1 favourite Iron Maiden album of them all. Every track is 5 stars, with the exception of maybe Benjamin Breeg and the Pilgrim (which are both still really good).
Back to top Go down
Thelemech
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Thelemech

Number of posts : 4009

PostSubject: Re: What is your Least favorite album by your Favorite band????   What is your Least favorite album by your Favorite band???? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2014 1:44 pm

Headless Cross - Black Sabbath

I still like it but I do consider it to be the weakest Sab album.
Back to top Go down
DakotaRogers
Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

Number of posts : 920

PostSubject: Re: What is your Least favorite album by your Favorite band????   What is your Least favorite album by your Favorite band???? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2014 3:04 pm

10. Death Angel- Frolic...
9. Voivod- Negatron
8. Annihilator- All for You
7. Exodus- Let There Be Blood
6. Tourniquet- Crawl to China
5. Artillery- My Blood
4. Sodom- Masquerade in Blood
3. Kreator- Endorama
2. Overkill- Immortalis
1. Megadeth- Super Collider
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

PostSubject: Re: What is your Least favorite album by your Favorite band????   What is your Least favorite album by your Favorite band???? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2014 3:36 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
Interesting thread, for those of you who said

Killers
British Steel
UFO 1 & 2
Lonesome Crow or
Fly on the Wall

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked 
I just don't feel UFO really found their sound until their third album, the first two albums just don't hold my interest much.

Lonesome Crow isn't a bad album, it just dosen't get as much playtime as the rest of the band's discography does.
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

PostSubject: Re: What is your Least favorite album by your Favorite band????   What is your Least favorite album by your Favorite band???? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2014 3:37 pm

Lari wrote:
Vexer6 wrote:
Lari wrote:

So, I'd go with:

How is A Matter of Life and Death a concept album, with songs about nuclear weapons, childbirth and the devil, for instance? Anyway, it's probably my #1 favourite Iron Maiden album of them all. Every track is 5 stars, with the exception of maybe Benjamin Breeg and the Pilgrim.

I think "No Prayer" is pretty underrated, I actually just listened to that one recently and I feel it still holds up well.  A Matter of Life and Death on the other hand did very little for me, Maiden and concept albums just do not mix well IMO, there are some good songs on the album, but the problem is it sounds odd when you listen to them out of order, and I honestly struggled to keep my interest several times when listening from start to finish.

I think Ram it Down is actually one of the best Priest albums, it has some killer songs like the title track, Heavy Metal and Hard as   Iron.  Nostradamus I had the same problem with as I did with AMOLAD, only it was even more boring, I only listened to it all the way through once and have no desire to do so again.

How is A Matter of Life and Death a concept album, with songs about nuclear weapons, childbirth and the devil, for instance? Anyway, it's probably my #1 favourite Iron Maiden album of them all. Every track is 5 stars, with the exception of maybe Benjamin Breeg and the Pilgrim (which are both still really good).

It's a concept album in the sense that there's on overall "theme" to the album(every song is about war and whatnot) Scott even said so on his review of it.

I would definitely not give it 5 stars, i'll gladly listen to X Factor and Virtual XI over it ANY day of the week.
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: What is your Least favorite album by your Favorite band????   What is your Least favorite album by your Favorite band???? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2014 4:15 pm

Scorpions...Pure Instinct
Type o Negative....Slow Deep and Hard
WASP....Helldorado
Dokken...Shadowlife
AC/DC....Blow Up Your Video
Kiss...Music from "The Elder"
Judas Priest....Nostradamus
Shotgun Messiah...Violent New Breed
Motley Crue...Generation Swine
Quiet Riot...Rehab
Ted Nugent....Weekend Warrior
Van Halen..OU812
Sammy Hagar...Livin' It Up
69 Eyes....Bump 'N Grind
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39570

PostSubject: Re: What is your Least favorite album by your Favorite band????   What is your Least favorite album by your Favorite band???? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2014 4:20 pm

Short-Fuse wrote:
Overkill-I Hear Black

Yes totally agree
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: What is your Least favorite album by your Favorite band????   What is your Least favorite album by your Favorite band???? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2014 7:30 pm

Vexer6 wrote:
Lari wrote:

It's a concept album in the sense that there's on overall "theme" to the album(every song is about war and whatnot) Scott even said so on his review of it.

I would definitely not give it 5 stars, i'll gladly listen to X Factor and Virtual XI over it ANY day of the week.

AMOLAD isn't a concept album... you are correct that there is a them (war, death, religion), but it's not a concept album... Seventh Son is (granted, only 1/2 fleshed out), but not that one. Fantastic album and one of my favorites by Maiden.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: What is your Least favorite album by your Favorite band????   What is your Least favorite album by your Favorite band???? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2014 7:43 pm

Therion - Les Fleurs Du Mal (amazing to me that this one was worse than Gothic Kabbalah)

The Angels - Take It To The Streets (a few decent new tunes but a lot of retreads with the new vocalist)

Nightwish - Everything after Century Child (Tuomas needs to either reign in his bloated writing or just write movie soundtracks)

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

PostSubject: Re: What is your Least favorite album by your Favorite band????   What is your Least favorite album by your Favorite band???? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2014 8:54 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Therion - Les Fleurs Du Mal (amazing to me that this one was worse than Gothic Kabbalah)

The Angels - Take It To The Streets (a few decent new tunes but a lot of retreads with the new vocalist)

Nightwish - Everything after Century Child (Tuomas needs to either reign in his bloated writing or just write movie soundtracks)
Agreed on Nightwish, they went downhill after the other band members decided to be complete assholes and fire Tarja for no reason.

My least favorite W.A.S.P. album would be K.F.D., not much in the way of memorable songs on that album.
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

PostSubject: Re: What is your Least favorite album by your Favorite band????   What is your Least favorite album by your Favorite band???? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2014 8:55 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Vexer6 wrote:
Lari wrote:

AMOLAD isn't a concept album... you are correct that there is a them (war, death, religion), but it's not a concept album... Seventh Son is (granted, only 1/2 fleshed out), but not that one. Fantastic album and one of my favorites by Maiden.
Well whatever you want to call it, it's still a pretty mediocre album to me.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: What is your Least favorite album by your Favorite band????   What is your Least favorite album by your Favorite band???? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2014 9:05 pm

Metallica - St. Anger
Megadeth - Risk
Aerosmith - Just Push Play
Motorhead - Overnight Sensation
Guns n Roses - Chinese Democracy
Van Halen - Diver Down
Judas Priest - Nostradamus (I don't have Demolition anymore)

St. Anger is the only one on that list I flat out refuse to play. The others have their moments, but compared to some of their brethern, they're at the bottom of the pile when I need a fix.

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7611

PostSubject: Re: What is your Least favorite album by your Favorite band????   What is your Least favorite album by your Favorite band???? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2014 9:35 pm

My favorite band is Judas Priest. I am going to go with Nostradamus as my least favorite of theirs. Turbo might be crap, but at least it's a short album.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: What is your Least favorite album by your Favorite band????   What is your Least favorite album by your Favorite band???? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2014 11:37 pm

WOW..... I wasnt sure how much traction this thread would get but its cool to read everyone's thoughts....

I've not really posted here in a long time.....

Anyway..... The album doesnt have to SUCK just it would be the last one in their discography you'd pick....

I was surprised how dissed Fly on the Wall has gotten.... seen it on several posts....

Cool deal guys keep postin.....

headbanger 
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is your Least favorite album by your Favorite band????   What is your Least favorite album by your Favorite band???? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What is your Least favorite album by your Favorite band????
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next