Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Flotsam and Jetsam

Go down 
+19
Wrecked Neck
Required Fields
Gilbert
DallasBlack
Temple of Blood
Witchfinder
Troublezone
Rami Airola
Leatherface
Thrasher73
corplhicks
DeathCult
Lurideath
ultmetal
A Handful of Wayne
DakotaRogers
allthingsmetal
ze_mau
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

Flotsam and Jetsam - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flotsam and Jetsam   Flotsam and Jetsam - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2022 3:05 am

Troublezone wrote:
In my opinion, Flotsam are making far superior albums compared to the “big 4” (except for maybe Megadeth). Slayer are done… and they haven’t really made anything great since Divine Intervention.

Eric AK has the best melodic voice in thrash. Especially for his age! He has the grit that Belladonna never did. Flotsam’s official comeback started with The Cold album. Everything since then has been high quality!
Agree with everything you said, except for Slayer. I think God Hates Us All, was an excellent album. I'd rank that one above Divine Intervention any day. I also liked Christ Illusion, but would rank that lower than Divine. Repentless, is just meh. Not terrible, but their worse by far.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam and Jetsam   Flotsam and Jetsam - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2022 3:06 am

And yes, Erics voice is still amazing. Always has been, and though it's change a bit over the years, he still has it.

Troublezone likes this post

Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3893

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam and Jetsam   Flotsam and Jetsam - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2022 7:58 am

Looking forward to sharing the stage with them this coming September in Wisconsin!

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam and Jetsam   Flotsam and Jetsam - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2022 9:45 am

Wrecked Neck wrote:
And yes, Erics voice is still amazing. Always has been, and though it's change a bit over the years, he still has it.

I like both phases of his vocals. The screams of the early albums are iconic. When he changed to the more gritty style on Drift, I liked it almost just as much! The only thing is that when he sings the old stuff I’m disappointed when he changes the spots where he used to scream.

Then a guy like Michael Sweet who is near 60 can still belt out the screams like no tomorrow.

Wrecked Neck likes this post

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam and Jetsam   Flotsam and Jetsam - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2022 9:50 am

Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6338

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam and Jetsam   Flotsam and Jetsam - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2022 1:28 pm

I will get all the other albums, too. These guys are so good. There is a lot of variety too. But still all that I've heard is pure class. The Cold, Drift, Doomsday sound nothing alike. And the new ones are completely different too. It's amazing.

I'm going to get all their CD's and they will become my favourite band ever. That's like my 2023 New Year's resolution. I've missed out on so much all these years.

I have all Testament and Death Angel and Anthrax and stuff, but these guys are right up there in the same league as those guys, as the best band ever. The best thrash band. Eric AK is awesome. A legend. Like Bruce Dickinson. Like Rob Halford. Like DIO! Like Mike Howe. A legend.

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam and Jetsam   Flotsam and Jetsam - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2022 6:21 pm

Lari wrote:
I will get all the other albums, too. These guys are so good. There is a lot of variety too. But still all that I've heard is pure class. The Cold, Drift, Doomsday sound nothing alike. And the new ones are completely different too. It's amazing.

I'm going to get all their CD's and they will become my favourite band ever. That's like my 2023 New Year's resolution. I've missed out on so much all these years.

I have all Testament and Death Angel and Anthrax and stuff, but these guys are right up there in the same league as those guys, as the best band ever. The best thrash band. Eric AK is awesome. A legend. Like Bruce Dickinson. Like Rob Halford. Like DIO! Like Mike Howe. A legend.

headbanger
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam and Jetsam   Flotsam and Jetsam - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2022 11:43 pm

Lari wrote:

Damn, that's awesome that you like them that much. It's a shame more people don't feel this way, because they are a great band. Met a couple of them once after one of their shows I saw in Seattle, and they were really cool too. Seemed like just regular people, no big ego, just down to earth cool dudes.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam and Jetsam   Flotsam and Jetsam - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2023 12:15 pm

I expanded my Flots CD collection with 5 more albums this week.

Now I'm only missing stuff I had trouble finding at a reasonable price/used:

Unnatural Selection
My God

...and the End of Chaos, because I saw it in my local brick and mortar store one time, and I think I will pick it up from there to support the business.

Wrecked Neck likes this post

Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9889

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam and Jetsam   Flotsam and Jetsam - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2023 2:35 pm

The only Flots album still missing from my collection is High.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam and Jetsam   Flotsam and Jetsam - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2023 7:15 pm

Gilbert wrote:

It’s an underrated album. The vocals are slightly buried in the mix, but it still rocks!

Some highlight tracks I like:

Final Step
It’s On Me
High Noon
Your Hands
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam and Jetsam   Flotsam and Jetsam - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2023 11:33 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Gilbert wrote:

It’s an underrated album. The vocals are slightly buried in the mix, but it still rocks!

Some highlight tracks I like:

Final Step
It’s On Me
High Noon
Your Hands

I did enjoy the samples I have heard. Gonna order the album since it has been reissued.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam and Jetsam   Flotsam and Jetsam - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2023 12:25 am

I'd especially like to find My God on CD
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam and Jetsam   Flotsam and Jetsam - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2023 3:48 am

I just went to Discogs and completed my collection. Those weren't the cheapest CD's I ever bought, but now I have 'em all. Great band.

I was listening to the 2016 self-titled this morning and it's pretty awesome. Seventh Seal and Monkey Wrench are great fun tracks.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam and Jetsam   Flotsam and Jetsam - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2023 7:26 am

Lari wrote:

It's available on Amazon for approximately 20.22$.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam and Jetsam   Flotsam and Jetsam - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2023 8:10 am

My God is one of my favorites by them.

Here's the opening track :

Glower likes this post

Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam and Jetsam   Flotsam and Jetsam - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2023 11:55 am

Gilbert wrote:
Lari wrote:

I got it from discogs already.

Do these guys have a good live release or a DVD?
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam and Jetsam   Flotsam and Jetsam - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2023 12:09 pm

Lari wrote:
Gilbert wrote:
Lari wrote:

Not sure. I don't have any live material by them.

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam and Jetsam   Flotsam and Jetsam - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2023 10:58 pm

Gilbert wrote:
Lari wrote:
Gilbert wrote:
Lari wrote:

Not sure. I don't have any live material by them.

The first video is Live in Phoenix. The second one is Live in Japan. Both are available to buy online (but the prices are steep). I think they’re out of print. There’s also a live CD called Once in A Deathtime.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam and Jetsam   Flotsam and Jetsam - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2023 12:23 am

Live In Phoenix is available on Amazon for 19.99 $, including a cd and a double dvd.

Will definitely order it.

Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam and Jetsam   Flotsam and Jetsam - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2023 12:46 pm

Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam and Jetsam   Flotsam and Jetsam - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2023 3:42 pm

Lari wrote:

One of their best songs headbanger headbanger
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam and Jetsam   Flotsam and Jetsam - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2023 2:59 pm

Gilbert wrote:
Live In Phoenix is available on Amazon for 19.99 $, including a cd and a double dvd.

What's on the DVD's?
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam and Jetsam   Flotsam and Jetsam - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2023 3:22 pm

Lari wrote:
Gilbert wrote:

What's on the DVD's?

That's the special edition:

Live In Phoenix https://a.co/d/8TuoeVE
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam and Jetsam   Flotsam and Jetsam - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2023 9:55 am

Yes, but the contents of the DVDs are not explained. It can't be a 2DVD long concert, can it?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam and Jetsam   Flotsam and Jetsam - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Flotsam and Jetsam
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next