Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Flotsam and Jetsam

Go down 
+19
Wrecked Neck
Required Fields
Gilbert
DallasBlack
Temple of Blood
Witchfinder
Troublezone
Rami Airola
Leatherface
Thrasher73
corplhicks
DeathCult
Lurideath
ultmetal
A Handful of Wayne
DakotaRogers
allthingsmetal
ze_mau
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
ze_mau
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ze_mau

Number of posts : 280

Flotsam and Jetsam - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flotsam and Jetsam   Flotsam and Jetsam - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 4:55 pm

Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam and Jetsam   Flotsam and Jetsam - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 5:45 pm

Quote :

^^^

I threw that cassette out the car window the first time I heard it.

Haha, yeah I thought that album was a huge let down.
Back to top Go down
ze_mau
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ze_mau

Number of posts : 280

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam and Jetsam   Flotsam and Jetsam - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 7:09 pm

everything I heard from them I loved.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam and Jetsam   Flotsam and Jetsam - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 11:09 pm

Thrasher73 wrote:
DeathCult wrote:
DakotaRogers wrote:
The first two are the only ones you need to listen to.  

I concur. I've listened to almost every album after "No Place For Disgrace" and none of it intrigued me.

I agree with you both

And I agree with neither of you guys.  Razz 
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9889

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam and Jetsam   Flotsam and Jetsam - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2018 1:53 pm

Just received dreams of death in the mail. Totally blind purchase. What should i expect?
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28460

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam and Jetsam   Flotsam and Jetsam - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2018 7:21 pm

I like No Place for Disgrace the best.

I discuss it in one of my YouTube videos, actually.

Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam and Jetsam   Flotsam and Jetsam - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2018 7:32 pm

Gilbert wrote:
Just received dreams of death in the mail. Totally blind purchase. What should i expect?

Although a good album, I consider it their weakest effort. Just my opinion, though. I'm sure you'll like it.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam and Jetsam   Flotsam and Jetsam - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2018 3:01 am

Stopped following them after they released Cuatro. No particular reason why, I liked the album okay, just lost interest in them. Then I heard The Cold, and found my interest in them again. Been buying all the newer albums as they've been released, and will but the new one when it comes out. Still need to pick up the stuff after Cuatro and before The Cold though.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam and Jetsam   Flotsam and Jetsam - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2018 6:48 am

007 wrote:
Gilbert wrote:

Although a good album, I consider it their weakest effort. Just my opinion, though. I'm sure you'll like it.

I gave the album a first spin earlier today. Good stuff. But it needs more listens.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6338

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam and Jetsam   Flotsam and Jetsam - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2022 12:46 pm

Check out pro shot video of Flotsam & Jetsam from yesterday at HellFest in Germany:

https://www.arte.tv/de/videos/108954-014-A/flotsam-jetsam/

Great stuff. They open the set with my two favourite songs.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam and Jetsam   Flotsam and Jetsam - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2022 4:01 pm

Lari wrote:
Check out pro shot video of Flotsam & Jetsam from yesterday at HellFest in Germany:

https://www.arte.tv/de/videos/108954-014-A/flotsam-jetsam/

Great stuff. They open the set with my two favourite songs.

Awesome. Thanks for sharing.
Back to top Go down
7thSecond
Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Number of posts : 665

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam and Jetsam   Flotsam and Jetsam - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2022 8:08 pm

I've got 16 albums, 179 songs ripped onto my phone from Flotsam & Jetsam. In other words I have all of their albums (on CD). They can do no wrong in my eyes as I enjoy every album. Some more than others, but...

Troublezone likes this post

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam and Jetsam   Flotsam and Jetsam - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2022 8:13 pm

7thSecond wrote:
I've got 16 albums, 179 songs ripped onto my phone from Flotsam & Jetsam. In other words I have all of their albums (on CD). They can do no wrong in my eyes as I enjoy every album. Some more than others, but...  

I agree! I’m a major fan as well.

Even the crappy production ones like Dreams of Death and Unnatural Selection have good songs.
Back to top Go down
Sword Of The Heretic
Metal master
Metal master
Sword Of The Heretic

Number of posts : 602

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam and Jetsam   Flotsam and Jetsam - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2022 8:16 pm

My first exposure to them was When the Storm Comes Down. I was in high school on a choir trip out of town, and we stopped at the local mall, where I found said album in the dollar cutout bin.

This was 1993, so I had no idea about the hate it got. Nor did I care once I found out. WTSCD will always have a special place in my heart.

EMTEK and Burned Device were my faves. Played the hell out of that tape.

Last edited by Sword Of The Heretic on Mon Jun 20, 2022 1:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam and Jetsam   Flotsam and Jetsam - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2022 1:45 am

Sword Of The Heretic wrote:
My first exposure to them was When the Storm Comes Down. I was in high school on a choir trip out of town, and we stopped at the local mall, where I found said album in the dollar cutoff bin.

This was 1993, so I had no idea about the hate it got. Nor did I care once I found out. WTSCD will always have a special place in my heart.

It’s a really heavy album!

Who cares what music snobs say. All that matters is that you like it.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam and Jetsam   Flotsam and Jetsam - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2022 10:41 am

My first exposure to them was When the Storm Comes Down. I was in high school on a choir trip out of town, and we stopped at the local mall, where I found said album in the dollar cutoff bin.

WTSCD is also one of my favourite albums. I recently got a japanese cd reissue with OBI.

Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam and Jetsam   Flotsam and Jetsam - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2022 11:28 am

On CD, I only have Doomsday, (the re-recorded) No Place for Disgrace and Drift. But this band is so good, I may need to look up the rest of their catalogue.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam and Jetsam   Flotsam and Jetsam - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2022 11:30 am

Troublezone wrote:

It’s a really heavy album!

Who cares what music snobs say. All that matters is that you like it.

I think it's a really good album. I'll add Suffer The Masses as another standout track.

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam and Jetsam   Flotsam and Jetsam - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2022 4:02 pm

I also like the songs mentioned above!

In addition I’ll add: Deviation, Greed and Scars.

Heck, I basically like the whole album! Smile
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam and Jetsam   Flotsam and Jetsam - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2022 4:09 pm

We really now need a "rank the Flots catalogue" thread. I ain't starting one because I only own three of them, but I'd be interested in reading opinions, especially if I'm about to fill out my collection.

In particular, opinions on the middle to bottom ranked ones are important, since the classics are already well covered here and on other sites.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37658

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam and Jetsam   Flotsam and Jetsam - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2022 6:08 pm

Quote :
We really now need a "rank the Flots catalogue" thread. I ain't starting one because I only own three of them

Same here. I like F&J well enough, but they're the kind of band where I pick up their stuff when I come across it in my travels, not the "everything they put out is a first day buy" kind. Therefore my Flots collection has more holes in it than Swiss cheese.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam and Jetsam   Flotsam and Jetsam - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2022 4:21 pm

I've upgraded my collection to six Flotz CDs. I find them all to be excellent. And I will get more as I see them around.

This band is so good. Vocals are so powerful, the riffs make your lip curl up and your head bop, it's heavy, it's fast and there's a lot of hooky melodies. Why aren't they the biggest band on the planet?

I've got:

Doomsday, Disgrace, Drift, Cold, s/t and Blood in the Water

Troublezone and Wrecked Neck like this post

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam and Jetsam   Flotsam and Jetsam - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2022 6:49 pm

Lari wrote:
I've upgraded my collection to six Flotz CDs. I find them all to be excellent. And I will get more as I see them around.

This band is so good. Vocals are so powerful, the riffs make your lip curl up and your head bop, it's heavy, it's fast and there's a lot of hooky melodies. Why aren't they the biggest band on the planet?

I've got:

Welcome to the Flotz club!

Yes, they should be a lot bigger! But they are one of many that were overlooked and under-appreciated by the music industry. Talent is no guarantee of success…

They do have a very loyal fan base, and respect from their peers. It’s no coincidence that Metallica chose Jason Newsted back in the day. Doomsday is said to be the first album to get the highest review score in Kerrang magazine.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam and Jetsam   Flotsam and Jetsam - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2022 7:36 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Lari wrote:

I've got:

Welcome to the Flotz club!

Yes, they should be a lot bigger! But they are one of many that were overlooked and under-appreciated by the music industry. Talent is no guarantee of success…

They do have a very loyal fan base, and respect from their peers. It’s no coincidence that Metallica chose Jason Newsted back in the day. Doomsday is said to be the first album to get the highest review score in Kerrang magazine.

they were often said to be the next Metallica when their debut album dropped. I remember everyone talking about them back then, then they just sort of became a band nobody really talked about much. Seems like shortly after No Place for Disgrace came out, they were forgotten about. It's sad to me, they are an amazing band, and deserve better.

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam and Jetsam   Flotsam and Jetsam - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2022 12:44 am

In my opinion, Flotsam are making far superior albums compared to the “big 4” (except for maybe Megadeth). Slayer are done… and they haven’t really made anything great since Divine Intervention.

Eric AK has the best melodic voice in thrash. Especially for his age! He has the grit that Belladonna never did. Flotsam’s official comeback started with The Cold album. Everything since then has been high quality!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Flotsam and Jetsam   Flotsam and Jetsam - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Flotsam and Jetsam
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next