Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Count down to getting married at the end of the month

Go down 
+13
tohostudios
AutumnShantel
brokentulsa
Required Fields
jstate
Lari
corplhicks
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
MetalGuy71
thejokeriv
Fat Freddy
manny
A Handful of Wayne
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

Count down to getting married at the end of the month Empty
PostSubject: Count down to getting married at the end of the month   Count down to getting married at the end of the month Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2014 2:16 pm

20 days left until I'm off the market, sorry fellas  Razz 

Anyway, We are working on music to play and I need a song to dance to with my mother. I'm trying to think of a good rock ballad type song, Nothing cheesy. I know there has to be some good choices buy my mind is running a blank. Any ideas? For those who have been married what song did you dance to with your mom?

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Count down to getting married at the end of the month   Count down to getting married at the end of the month Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2014 2:18 pm

Stacey's Mom- Fountains of Wayne
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

PostSubject: Re: Count down to getting married at the end of the month   Count down to getting married at the end of the month Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2014 2:23 pm

I let my Mom pick the music for our mother/son dance - if memory serves it was an aria by Andreas Bocelli, an opera singer. I was already several beers deep by that point so I could be wrong.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Count down to getting married at the end of the month   Count down to getting married at the end of the month Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2014 2:30 pm

Mother- Danzig
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Count down to getting married at the end of the month   Count down to getting married at the end of the month Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2014 2:46 pm

manny wrote:
Stacey's Mom- Fountains of Wayne

I see what you did there

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Count down to getting married at the end of the month   Count down to getting married at the end of the month Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2014 2:47 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I let my Mom pick the music for our mother/son dance - if memory serves it was an aria by Andreas Bocelli, an opera singer. I was already several beers deep by that point so I could be wrong.

hahaha

I told her to pick a song but she didn't know.

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Count down to getting married at the end of the month   Count down to getting married at the end of the month Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2014 2:50 pm

manny wrote:
Mother- Danzig

hahahaha I was thinking this actually but the lyrics aren't really wedding friendly

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Count down to getting married at the end of the month   Count down to getting married at the end of the month Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2014 3:00 pm

Twisted Sister - SMF?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Count down to getting married at the end of the month   Count down to getting married at the end of the month Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2014 3:10 pm

I don't recall what song I danced to with my mom, but I know it segued into this one that everyone could dance to...

EDIT: My wife says I danced to 'Through the Years' by Kenny Rogers. Amazing that my wife responded in about 5 seconds after the text message was sent.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: Count down to getting married at the end of the month   Count down to getting married at the end of the month Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2014 4:24 pm

Firehouse - All She Wrote
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Count down to getting married at the end of the month   Count down to getting married at the end of the month Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2014 4:27 pm

Highway to Hell- AC/DC
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Count down to getting married at the end of the month   Count down to getting married at the end of the month Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2014 5:11 pm

Just go for some light hearted fluff without any deep lyrical meaning. Sunshine on my Shoulders, for instance, or MG's suggestion (I'm LOLing at Manny but joker takes the win). Mine didn't work out so well because they played the wrong song--At Last--and it was slightly awkward being that it was a love song. It really is the worst thing about any wedding IMO.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6328

PostSubject: Re: Count down to getting married at the end of the month   Count down to getting married at the end of the month Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2014 8:57 pm

GodDamage - Body Torn by Hammer
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Count down to getting married at the end of the month   Count down to getting married at the end of the month Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2014 9:43 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I don't recall what song I danced to with my mom, but I know it segued into this one that everyone could dance to...

EDIT: My wife says I danced to 'Through the Years' by Kenny Rogers. Amazing that my wife responded in about 5 seconds after the text message was sent.

haha your the only one of any help but both of those songs are terrible

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Count down to getting married at the end of the month   Count down to getting married at the end of the month Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2014 11:04 pm

Well I think Sunshine on My Shoulders is still a great idea, but perhaps that's just because I'm a terminal John Denver fan. Other ideas:

Stevie Wonder - You are the Sunshine of My Life
Chicago - You're the Inspiration
Christopher Cross - Sailing
Bette Midler - Wind Beneath My Wings (laugh all you f*ckers want; it's a GREAT song Razz)
James Taylor - You've Got a Friend
VH - Dance the Night Away (this was my original pick but they shunned it)

BTW, congrats on getting married. Smile
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

PostSubject: Re: Count down to getting married at the end of the month   Count down to getting married at the end of the month Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2014 11:50 pm

You ever tried to dance to "Sunshine on my Shoulders"? It is physically impossible!!
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Count down to getting married at the end of the month   Count down to getting married at the end of the month Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 12:26 am

UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS wrote:
You ever tried to dance to "Sunshine on my Shoulders"?  It is physically impossible!!

Yeah I do it with my wife all the time!

...you know, you have a point.  Laughing 
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Count down to getting married at the end of the month   Count down to getting married at the end of the month Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 10:15 am

This is the one I had selected (but ultimately I got left at the altar - and in the end thank heaven for that swerve).
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28414

PostSubject: Re: Count down to getting married at the end of the month   Count down to getting married at the end of the month Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 11:53 am

How about "Hammer Smashed Face" by Cannibal Corpse?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Count down to getting married at the end of the month   Count down to getting married at the end of the month Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 12:18 pm

jstate wrote:
This is the one I had selected (but ultimately I got left at the altar - and in the end thank heaven for that swerve).

You got whaaaaa??  Shocked 
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Count down to getting married at the end of the month   Count down to getting married at the end of the month Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 5:18 pm

corplhicks wrote:
Well I think Sunshine on My Shoulders is still a great idea, but perhaps that's just because I'm a terminal John Denver fan. Other ideas:

Stevie Wonder - You are the Sunshine of My Life
Chicago - You're the Inspiration
Christopher Cross - Sailing
Bette Midler - Wind Beneath My Wings (laugh all you f*ckers want; it's a GREAT song Razz)
James Taylor - You've Got a Friend
VH - Dance the Night Away (this was my original pick but they shunned it)

BTW, congrats on getting married. Smile

Thanks! I think my fiance is dancing with her father to a Chicago song. I was just looking up these songs cause I couldn't remember what they sounded like and I'm not a fan of any of them, BUT the James Taylor song isn't a bad idea. I can tolerate James Taylor, the others to me, make me cringe haha, except Van Halen and yea that wouldn't work, I'd probably actually have to dance and thats not happening hahaha.

I'll have to show my mom the James Taylor song. My other choice, that I've always wanted to use for something is Dream Theater "The Answer Lies Within". My mom has some choices too but I'm not crazy about those songs either. Thankfully shes pretty easy going and will use whatever song haha.

Thanks for the ideas.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

PostSubject: Re: Count down to getting married at the end of the month   Count down to getting married at the end of the month Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 6:18 pm

You could just have the mommy-unit start a pit. That would take ALL of the pressure of of you BOTH!
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Count down to getting married at the end of the month   Count down to getting married at the end of the month Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 6:26 pm

Being a huge hair metal fanatic I must say you cant go wrong with a good hair metal power ballad...let me suggest a few..

Hurricane...Its only Heaven
Kiss...Forever
Slade...My oh My
Twisted Sister...Your Not Alone
Whitesnake..Is This Love
Scorpions...Lady Starlight
Back to top Go down
AutumnShantel
Metal novice
Metal novice
AutumnShantel

Number of posts : 90

PostSubject: Re: Count down to getting married at the end of the month   Count down to getting married at the end of the month Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 7:32 pm

I think my husband danced with his mom to Simple Man (Lynyrd Skynyrd, obviously), but I thought it was cheesy...
Not as cheesy as mine and my dad's song: Starlight by ELO. But we both love ELO and wanted a happy song so it worked.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Count down to getting married at the end of the month   Count down to getting married at the end of the month Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 7:54 pm

Hey PRD here's an idea! Why didn't I think of this??

Or there's this:

Last edited by corplhicks on Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Count down to getting married at the end of the month   Count down to getting married at the end of the month Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Count down to getting married at the end of the month
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next