Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014

Go down 
+32
AmongTheRest
chewie
springozzy
akeldama
Lari
metalinmyveins
mikeinfla
Svengo
Gryphon-kl
Sutekh
James B.
SideShowDisaSter
MetalGuy71
kmorg
Boris2008
sovdat
Orion Crystal Ice
Wurthless
Required Fields
jstate
nevermore
glassprison
exact33
manny
thejokeriv
tohostudios
Witchfinder
Fat Freddy
iamrockerfun
Leatherface
corplhicks
36 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 5:45 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
S.D. wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
American Hustle - I didn't like it and didn't see what all the hoopla is about. I wanted to like it. I purposley avoided too much media overkill so I could watch it with an open mind, but I just didn't care for the characters. Christian Bale's character wasn't likeable at all, Amy Adams is too "cutesy" for the role she played and Bradley Cooper was annoying. I couldn't drum up any interest in the 3 main characters so it was hard to watch the rest of the movie play out. I just wanted it to end.

Interesting.  I saw it twice in the theater and could easily watch it several more times.  My favorite film of 2013 by a comfortable margin.

You also hated Silver Linings Playbook (my favorite film of 2012) so I'm thinking you might want to just avoid David O. Russell's films going forward.  There's obviously something about them that doesn't work for you.

Different strokes and all.

Maybe you're on to something there. A quick look on Wikipedia and I've only seen 3 of his movies, 2 of which I disliked. A lot. 'Flirting With Disaster' was a good one. Never saw 'Three Kings' or 'The Fighter', although I've wanted to.

Maybe it's because his characters are very unlikable to me which makes watching the movie a chore. Lily Tomlin agrees with me.  Razz 

I really liked The Fighter.  But as you say, most of the characters in it are very unlikeable.   Thankfully, Micky Ward is very likeable amid his dysfunctional and mostly hateable family.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18963

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 5:05 am

Office of the Dead
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 8:26 am

Revenge Of The Pink Panther (1978) - a great comdey with the late great Peter Sellers as Inspector Clouseau,believed dead,trying to take down "the French Connection". This one has everything, slapstick,visual gags,puns and a funny chase scene that ends up in a fireworks warehouse. Sadly, this was the last full movie with Sellers as Clouseau as he passed away some 2 years after it's release.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 11:38 am

007 wrote:

Revenge Of The Pink Panther (1978) - a great comdey with the late great Peter Sellers as Inspector Clouseau,believed dead,trying to take down "the French Connection". This one has everything, slapstick,visual gags,puns and a funny chase scene that ends up in a fireworks warehouse. Sadly, this was the last full movie with Sellers as Clouseau as he passed away some 2 years after it's release.

I saw that one in the theater when it came out, I'll never get tired of the original Pink Panther series.
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 3:21 pm

olympic hockey 4finals
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37658

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 11:41 pm

"Don't Stop Believin': Everyman's Journey" (2011)
Feel-good documentary about Arnel Pineda, the small time nightclub singer who was plucked from obscurity in the Philippines thanks to the magic of YouTube and won his dream gig as new front man for Journey. In spite of his sudden newfound fame, he still remains a humble, likeable guy who hasn't forgotten his roots. Cool stuff, with lots of impressive concert footage of Pineda onstage with the band jamming a variety of classic Journey tracks.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
springozzy
Metal master
Metal master
springozzy

Number of posts : 866

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 12:42 am

Monday Night Raw
License To Kill
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:45 am

some awesome stuff on the Smithsonian channel involving a guy climbing around with a sloth
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 12:04 pm

Her - Joachim Phoenix falls in love with his computer's operating system, voiced by Scarlett Johanssen. Quirky and weird "romantic comedy", but I liked it.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:11 pm

TNA Impact
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2014 12:37 am

"Dead End Drive-In" (1986)

Strange Aussie new-wave post-apocalypse cult flick about a hot rodder who winds up imprisoned in a gang infested drive in theater that doubles as a Government detention camp for troubled youths.

The trailer compares this flick to 'A Clockwork Orange' and 'Mad Max,' which is pretty laughable. It WISHES it were comparable to those films. Once the characters are in place, it takes for-EVER for anything to happen in this movie. The climactic action sequence is fun but by that point, all but the most diehard bad movie freaks will have dozed off.

My advice: Don't bother.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25905

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2014 9:25 am

Watched the Tarheels defeat the Blue Devils in NCAA hoops.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2014 1:28 pm

^^^And all is right in the basketball world^^^

Blackfish

Really well-done documentary on Seaworld and their Orcas. Nothing that I didn't already assume about the place. I've always hated any animals being used to perform tricks for entertainment or profit. I could have done without the footage of them getting whale baby batter to make more whales for the show. Let's just say it involves a large group of people giving a giant whale a hand job.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2014 2:16 pm

Pawn Stars
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2014 3:42 pm

olympic hocke semifinals
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5065

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2014 5:31 pm

Punch-Drunk Love

finished up season 2 of Bob's Burgers and season 1 of Comedy Bang! Bang! Now I just need to find some more tv shows to binge watch.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2014 11:14 pm

Smackdown
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 22, 2014 9:44 am

"Death Wish V: The Face of Death" (1994) - In Charles Bronson's final turn as vigilante Paul Kersey, Paul's trying to live the quiet life with a new fashion designer fiancee. Unfortunately her ex hubby is a big wig in the local mob who doesn't like Paul muscling in on "his" territory. You can pretty much write it yourself from there.
This was the only "DW" I hadn't seen, it's obviously extremely low budget (resembling a TV movie) but the violence is brutal as ever and Bronson (who was almost 70 years old when he made this) maintains his title as America's Oldest Badass.

Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 22, 2014 1:00 pm

olympic hockey bronze medal game
RoboCop II
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 22, 2014 9:09 pm

I watched Duke hand Syracuse its second consecutive loss after 'Cuse had won 25 in a row

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 22, 2014 9:52 pm

"Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl" (2003)

First installment of the blockbuster Disney franchise introduces Johnny Depp's Capt. Jack Sparrow, a down on his luck pirate captain mixed up in some supernatural nonsense involving a cursed treasure and a vengeful ghost ship crew. Entertainingly silly.

Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 23, 2014 6:21 am

AM Raw
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 23, 2014 6:57 am

"Death Machine" (1994)
In this low budget sci fi/horror set in the "near future" of 2003 (haha), a crazed inventor sics his top secret pet project - a giant killer robot - on his employer's new CEO after she fires him, and it chases her all over the company's high tech skyscraper.
A loud, irritating flick pieced together from bits stolen out of "Aliens," "The Terminator" and "Hardware," this gave me a screaming headache. Don't bother.

Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 23, 2014 9:24 am

olympic final game, congrats to kanada
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25905

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 23, 2014 9:44 am

Last night's viewing:

Batman
Wonder Woman
Star Trek
House Of Dracula
That Metal Show
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014 - Page 19 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV series) 2014
Page 19 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next