Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013

Go down 
+22
Svengo
Orion Crystal Ice
Wurthless
James B.
chewie
jstate
iamrockerfun
Gryphon-kl
MetalGuy71
Sutekh
thejokeriv
Required Fields
kmorg
nevermore
Boris2008
corplhicks
exact33
tohostudios
Fat Freddy
manny
Leatherface
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17 ... 23  Next
AuthorMessage
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 29, 2013 2:00 pm

007 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :
I can only watch the MST3K version. Otherwise, snoooooooze.
Pfft. Tr00 arcayne cinematic steele such as this can only be truly enjoyed in its original non-MST3K form, ehehehehehehehehe
I gotta be the only person around that finds MST3K to be highly annoying and unfunny.
I find "the Joel Years" episodes to be much funnier than "the Mike Years".

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 29, 2013 2:27 pm

007 wrote:

I gotta be the only person around that finds MST3K to be highly annoying and unfunny.
Nope, I feel exactly the same way. These films are much funnier on their own without the commentary.

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 29, 2013 2:45 pm

Quote :
I can take it or leave it. Even at the height of its popularity, I only watched it occasionally. I'd much rather watch the "non-MST'd" versions of the movies and make my own snide comments. I don't need a guy and a couple of robots to do it for me.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 29, 2013 2:50 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :
I can take it or leave it. Even at the height of its popularity, I only watched it occasionally. I'd much rather watch the "non-MST'd" versions of the movies and make my own snide comments. I don't need a guy and a couple of robots to do it for me.
Exactly.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 29, 2013 2:52 pm

The movies they mock are usually so bad that there's no way I'd sit there and watch them on my own.  "Manos, Hands Of Fate" for instance.  I actually had the misfortune to see that on cable when I was a teenager.  I watched about half of it then turned off the TV.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 29, 2013 3:15 pm

Quote :
The movies they mock are usually so bad that there's no way I'd sit there and watch them on my own.
A couple of years ago my wife got me one of those "50 Horror Classics" DVD sets (aka "A Whole Shitload of Public Domain Movies For Cheap") for my birthday, many of the films in it have been "MST'd" at one time or another. I figure if I can make it thru the original version of "The Beast of Yucca Flats" I'm pretty much bullet proof, I can sit through anything. Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18899

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 29, 2013 3:25 pm

Pawn Stars
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 29, 2013 3:37 pm

tohostudios wrote:
007 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :
I can only watch the MST3K version. Otherwise, snoooooooze.
Pfft. Tr00 arcayne cinematic steele such as this can only be truly enjoyed in its original non-MST3K form, ehehehehehehehehe
I find "the Joel Years" episodes to be much funnier than "the Mike Years".
Agreed. The jokes felt a little less forced and more focused on the movies' context rather than just isolated quips. And Joel was much funnier.

MST3K is a riot. Toho is right; most of those movie are nothing but boring and terribly unfunny on their own. That's where these guys come in.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28411

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 29, 2013 8:11 pm

tohostudios wrote:
The movies they mock are usually so bad that there's no way I'd sit there and watch them on my own.  "Manos, Hands Of Fate" for instance.  I actually had the misfortune to see that on cable when I was a teenager.  I watched about half of it then turned off the TV.
Did you see it with or without MST3K? I've seen both versions.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 29, 2013 8:35 pm

Required Fields wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
Did you see it with or without MST3K? I've seen both versions.
I've seen it both ways too. That was my point; I saw "Manos" on cable before it got MST3K'd and I couldn't watch the whole thing. I only made it through the entire movie later in life because the MST3K version made it tolerable.

Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 991

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 29, 2013 9:54 pm

MST3K has introduced a whole generation to the works of Joe Don Baker, Reb Brown, and Joe Estevez (the three kings of b-movies).
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18899

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 30, 2013 12:11 am

Smackdown
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 30, 2013 1:26 am

Death At A Funeral (2007)

Amusing British comedy, doesn't quite reach the level of absurdity I was expecting but quite a few laughs to be had.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 30, 2013 1:32 am

S.D. wrote:
Death At A Funeral (2007)

Amusing British comedy, doesn't quite reach the level of absurdity I was expecting but quite a few laughs to be had.  
I absolutely LOVE that movie!!!! That's one that we actually saw at the movie theater.
Back to top Go down
Hadley
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 991

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 30, 2013 2:53 am

Watched the first four episodes of Doctor Who (the 2005 version). As someone who's never seen any Doctor Who it was pretty interesting and entertaining (i am planning on checking out the older Doctor Who series as well eventually).
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 30, 2013 10:21 am

Twisted Christmas Film Festival, Round 2...
Jack Frost 2: Revenge of the Mutant Killer Snowman (2000)

Still haunted by memories of his last battle with the killer snowman, the Sheriff from the first 'Jack Frost' movie takes a holiday trip to a tropical island with his wife and some friends... only to be pursued by the re-constituted frozen killer, who can not only survive the warm temperatures, but can reproduce himself (!) in the form of tiny homicidal snowballs. Cheap gory mayhem ensues. (including a few rather obvious nods to 'Gremlins').

This cheap as hell sequel wasn't nearly as much fun as the first 'JF,' mainly because the cast plays up the comedic/camp factor this time around. It was actually funnier when they played everything straight in the first movie, as if they were in a 'real' horror flick. The evil snowball critters were a hoot though.

Back to top Go down
springozzy
Metal master
Metal master
springozzy

Number of posts : 866

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 30, 2013 1:53 pm

Ambush
Trading Places
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12599

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 30, 2013 1:59 pm

Movie night last night with the ol' lady

(My pick)
War Of The Worlds  "better than remembered"
(Her pick)
Premonition  "both of us were like huh ?"

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 30, 2013 2:22 pm

Doctor Who - The Keeper of traken

Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 30, 2013 3:05 pm

re-watched 'Dune' on blu-ray, magnificent as always, too bad Lynch didn't get final cut but the film is still phenomenal, which really says something.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 30, 2013 3:52 pm

C.S.I. re-runs
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 30, 2013 6:41 pm

Various college football games.

Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 30, 2013 6:49 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Same here. We're celebrating our Thanksgiving today since my wife was in Montana with her Pa.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 30, 2013 6:51 pm

chewie wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
Same here. We're celebrating our Thanksgiving today since my wife was in Montana with her Pa.
Nothing says Thanksgiving like turkey and football no matter what day it is. Wink 

Currently watching "The Iron Bowl" (Go Auburn!). Waiting for the Mizzou/Tx A&M game later tonight (GO TIGERS!).

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 30, 2013 8:02 pm

Chuck - Season One (on Netflix)

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 12 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013
Page 12 of 23Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17 ... 23  Next