Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013

Go down 
+22
Svengo
Orion Crystal Ice
Wurthless
James B.
chewie
jstate
iamrockerfun
Gryphon-kl
MetalGuy71
Sutekh
thejokeriv
Required Fields
kmorg
nevermore
Boris2008
corplhicks
exact33
tohostudios
Fat Freddy
manny
Leatherface
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 15 ... 23  Next
AuthorMessage
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 17, 2013 10:00 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Teen Wolf (1985)

Silly teen comedy starring Michael J. Fox as a high school nerd who discovers a quick path to popularity and basketball stardom... by letting his inner werewolf out.

My kids found this on Netflix this afternoon and asked to watch it because 'the Back to the Future Guy is in it.' I hadn't seen this flick since its original HBO run in the mid 80s, but I didn't remember it being very good even back then. Well, let's just say it hasn't improved with age.

Michael J. Fox should thank his lucky stars that 'Back to the Future' was released before this flick in the summer of '85, otherwise his movie career might never have gotten off the ground!!
Teen Wolf was actually filmed first, but released later...... I'm sure there is a story behind that somewhere
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 18, 2013 10:09 am

The Wicker Man (original, not the Nic Cage remake)

Weird and creepy, but in a good way. Cool flick. And Britt Ekland nude. Schwing!

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 18, 2013 11:20 am

I'm home with a sick six year old today, so he got to pick this morning's movie:

Super Buddies (2013)

Seventh (!) installment of the Disney series starring a quintet of talking Golden Retriever puppies hops on the superhero-movie band wagon, as the five so-adorable-it's-sickening 'Buddies' gain super powers from a set of mysterious rings... just in time to defend their town from an alien invader bent on world domination. Grown ups will roll their eyes at the cheap special effects and dorky humor but if you have young'uns 8-and-under, they'll dig this harmless, family friendly fluff.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Svengo
Metal master
Metal master
Svengo

Number of posts : 967

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 18, 2013 11:30 am

Had a nice long 4-day weekend and decided to catch up on some current movies:

Gravity - Sure there are a few things I could nit-pick about this movie but it does such a good job with a simple premise and is honestly just one of the best mainstream movies I've seen in a long time.

Ender's Game - I overall liked it even though I'm guessing there was a good deal left on the "cutting room floor" that I felt would have really helped in the character development department as well as just understanding some character motivation.

Thor: The Dark World - I thought this was much better than the first one, (which I thought was kinda crappy). There's still no chemistry between Portman and Thor and still some pretty so-so acting but honestly that didn't bother me too much this time around since it just seemed to be more fun to watch in an  escapist/pop-corn flick kinda of way.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 18, 2013 12:56 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

Weird and creepy, but in a good way. Cool flick. And Britt Ekland nude. Schwing!
It's a great flick, especially in the full-length cut (not the 87 minute US version). If the version you saw starts immediately with the opening credits as he flies to the island it's the US cut, if it starts with a pre-credit sequence at the police station prior to him leaving it's the extended cut which is overall 15 minutes longer.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 18, 2013 3:14 pm

S.D. wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

It's a great flick, especially in the full-length cut (not the 87 minute US version).  If the version you saw starts immediately with the opening credits as he flies to the island it's the US cut, if it starts with a pre-credit sequence at the police station prior to him leaving it's the extended cut which is overall 15 minutes longer.
I watched the edited version then I guess. Does the police station sequence add anything to the story? He explains that he got an anyomous letter that led him to the island. Do we need to actually see him receiving it to garner anymore depth to the character? Does his superior officer beg him not to go or something?

Prior to 15 minutes ago, I didn't know a longer cut existed, but I don't feel short-changed about the cut I saw.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25801

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 18, 2013 8:30 pm

Getting ready to watch the Patriots/Panthers game.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 18, 2013 10:04 pm

Agents of Shield

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 18, 2013 10:23 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
S.D. wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

It's a great flick, especially in the full-length cut (not the 87 minute US version).  If the version you saw starts immediately with the opening credits as he flies to the island it's the US cut, if it starts with a pre-credit sequence at the police station prior to him leaving it's the extended cut which is overall 15 minutes longer.
I watched the edited version then I guess. Does the police station sequence add anything to the story? He explains that he got an anyomous letter that led him to the island. Do we need to actually see him receiving it to garner anymore depth to the character? Does his superior officer beg him not to go or something?

Prior to 15 minutes ago, I didn't know a longer cut existed, but I don't feel short-changed about the cut I saw.
There are several differences throughout, not just the beginning. In the opening sequence you get to see how religious he is and how he is not respected by the rest of the police force because of it. There is also another sequence where Britt Eckland deflowers a neighborhood boy that isn't in the shorter cut and a couple other scenes with Christopher Lee are missing. Both versions are good but I prefer the longer cut because that was the one on VHS and the one I saw first.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 18, 2013 11:53 pm

With Great Power: The Stan Lee Story (2012)

Entertaining documentary about the life and amazing career of Stan Lee, architect of the Marvel Universe, creator of countless classic comic book characters, and overlord of all things Geek, with commentary not only from dozens of Stan's fellow comic professionals but also famous fans like Nicolas Cage, Kevin Smith, and Tobey 'Spider-Man' Maguire, to name just a few. A cool trip down memory lane for comic book geeks!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39472

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 19, 2013 9:19 am

Sleepy Hollow

This series has really pulled me in. Good show !
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 19, 2013 11:15 pm

Walking Dead.

Real quality writing these days with this show, although did anyone else have a hard time shaking off the James Cameron's Aliens vibe this episode? Regardless, a lot of people called this one boring; I loved it. At last we get a human and nuanced character study of the Governor after being caricaturized last season. Very cool.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 20, 2013 12:12 am

Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back (2001)

Those lovable stoners from Kevin Smith's 'Clerks' find out that Hollywood is making a movie about them... without their permission, so they go off on a road trip to stop the film. Mayhem, naturally, follows them everywhere they go. Jay & Silent Bob get mixed up with a team of international female jewel thieves, steal a monkey, and are pursued by a very determined wildlife marshal (Will Ferrell) in this fast paced, foul mouthed slapstick road movie which features cameos by just about everyone in Hollywood.  The gags (and the F-Bombs) come fast 'n' furious in this one, I laughed my a$$ off.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 20, 2013 2:21 am

Almost Human - Nice return for the writer/director/producer team of Fringe.
Sleepy Hollow
Back to top Go down
Gryphon-kl
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1346

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 20, 2013 2:37 am

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18903

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 20, 2013 4:44 am

Death Proof
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 20, 2013 8:01 am

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 20, 2013 8:14 am

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Supernatural
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 20, 2013 8:16 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
a very determined wildlife marshal (Will Ferrell)

With the awesome character name Marshal Willenholly !
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 20, 2013 2:53 pm

Unauthorized and Proud of It: Todd Loren's Rock 'n' Roll Comics

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 20, 2013 4:03 pm

^^^ Ooh, I've been wanting to see that. I'll have to check Netflix for it now that you've reminded me of it.

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 20, 2013 6:38 pm

Started Saw II today while on the elliptical.

It will be interesting to see if I still think this is the weakest entry in the franchise after I watch them all consecutively.

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12599

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2013 12:19 am

Iron Man
Iron Man 2
Captain America
Thor
The Avengers

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2013 12:25 am

A Band Called Death (2013)

Nope, this is not the story of the late Chuck Schuldiner and his legendary death-metal combo (though that would be pretty damn cool, too)... this documentary details the strange saga of 'Death,' a mid-70s African-American hard rock band made up of three brothers from Detroit, who cut a record in 1975 and then promptly disappeared. When their music is rediscovered in the 21st century (thanks to the Internet) the two surviving brothers enjoy a bittersweet comeback.

This is a touching, absorbing documentary about family ties and the power of music, and sheds some well deserved light on a forgotten bit of heavy rock history. I love learning about stuff like this. And Death's music sounds pretty bad-ass too!!

Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2013 5:29 am

Let me know how it pans out, FF. I can send it to you if you want.

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013 - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2013
Page 8 of 23Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 15 ... 23  Next