Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What is the next concert you are going to?

Go down 
+90
Lari
Doomdance
Mglaffas81
akeldama
Mac & Cheese
Heavy Metal Ninja
Highway Star
Eyesore
Dark Horseman
Glower
70srockfan
tohostudios
7thSecond
Thrasher73
Aaron_D
candlemass
ShadowAngel
Stender
Citanul
muckie
DakotaRogers
Wrecked Neck
James B.
DeathCult
assault_attack
Runicen
Gilbert
onrypt
the sentinel
mr.electric39
allthingsmetal
Fat Freddy
ze_mau
Red Kitty
Lovecraft
TheUnborn
Icy Grave
mikeinfla
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
AutumnShantel
metalhead777
deathisgain
80s Metal Lady
Olafsto
chilejay7
Ravenscraig
Troublezone
glassprison
krokus
Nocturne
ultmetal
ghost
Lurideath
Wargod
Hamer12
Boris2008
Wurthless
JBall_Z
Shawn Of Fire
choosemetal
Svengo
metalken
Lazlo Toth
CRIMSONMASK
ZombieHavoc
MetalGuy71
Dellocatus
Orion Crystal Ice
ozzman
corplhicks
journeyman
MetallicSeminarian
chewie
MetalRob331
Addy
Wayne
dirtracin1
nevermore
scottmitchell74
RAIDwarden
sovdat
brokentulsa
iamrockerfun
jettafiend
Required Fields
Witchfinder
bgsully
thejokeriv
bass63
94 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40
AuthorMessage
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28411

What is the next concert you are going to? - Page 40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is the next concert you are going to?   What is the next concert you are going to? - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2019 6:38 pm

I found out some good news and some not so good news.

The good news is that a metal show within a two hour radius of me (40-45 minutes to be exact) was announced. Detherous (a death/thrash metal band from Alberta) and Widow's Peak (a technical death metal band from Alberta) will be playing next month.

The bad news is that I start a new job next month, and it interferes with my work schedule. Due to the job policies, I am not allowed to modify my schedule or hours so I can attend the show, so I have to miss it. My old workplace allowed you to trade shifts with another co-worker or modify your hours for a day if it interfered with your work schedule, but my new workplace won't let you do that.

It's incredibly rare for a metal show to come within a two hour radius of where I live (most places ban metal of any kind, and you're very lucky to find a local venue within a two hour radius that will even allow pop-punk), and the incredibly rare time it actually happens, I can't attend. Sad

Maybe...two metal shows will come here a year (Anvil and Stygian Sky played a few months ago, and I attended that), so I highly doubt another show will come along this year that will help make up for this disappointment.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: What is the next concert you are going to?   What is the next concert you are going to? - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2019 7:07 pm

That's too bad Required Fields. Sucks.

Demons and Wizards with Lizzy Borden and Tyr tomorrow night!!
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2959

PostSubject: Re: What is the next concert you are going to?   What is the next concert you are going to? - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2019 9:06 pm

Quote :
(most places ban metal of any kind,

Really, places in Canada have outright banned heavy metal? Openly? In the US it's such a small segment of the live music market that it's hard to imagine that happening.

My next shows will be:

9/13: Tesla
9/26: Red Sky Mary
10/4: Slaughter
10/5: Joyous Wolf / Deep Purple
11/2 L.A. Guns / Tom Keifer
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: What is the next concert you are going to?   What is the next concert you are going to? - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2019 10:14 pm

glassprison wrote:
Quote :
(most places ban metal of any kind,

Really, places in Canada have outright banned heavy metal? Openly? In the US it's such a small segment of the live music market that it's hard to imagine that happening.

Yes, it's sad, but true; a lot of the local venues won't allow metal bands of any kind to play on their venues.

It's not the only genre of music the venues out here close the door on. Some punk bands weren't allowed to perform because the venues won't hire bands who play that kind of music. Basically, in a nutshell, if you make music that is even remotely hard in sound, you won't be welcome to perform at their venue.

Most will only book country, fiddle music, and acoustic singer/songwriter type stuff. A lot of the places won't even go as far as pop-punk. The places may not say "no metal" in advance, but if they find out you play metal, or punk, or whatever, they won't book you.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25796

PostSubject: Re: What is the next concert you are going to?   What is the next concert you are going to? - Page 40 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2019 11:26 am

Crowbar on the 29th.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39466

PostSubject: Re: What is the next concert you are going to?   What is the next concert you are going to? - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2019 10:52 am

Ghost on Oct. 10, a belated birthday gift from my son.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: What is the next concert you are going to?   What is the next concert you are going to? - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2019 12:35 pm

I'm going to the first 2 days of Prog Power in Atlanta on wed. and Thur.

Day 1 will be Insomnium, Sanctuary, While Heaven Wept and Theocracy
Day 2 will be Evergrey, Galneyrus, Mayan and Tomorrow's Eve
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: What is the next concert you are going to?   What is the next concert you are going to? - Page 40 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 10, 2019 11:31 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
That's too bad Required Fields. Sucks.

Some good news and bad news happened since I posted the above.

The good news is my work start date was pushed back, so I could attend the show after all. (The work staff said in an e-mail it was going to be the 3rd that I begin, but they later said it was the 12th, and apologized for the error.)

The bad news is, presumably due to the recent storm, Detherous dropped off the bill the day of the show. (Nothing was said of this on the Facebook event page when I checked it during the afternoon.)

So only two bands (Widow's Peak, who Detherous are touring with, and the local punk band Keith Doom and the Wrecking Crew) performed instead of the scheduled three.

The saddest part was that apart from the band members themselves, only about five or six other people showed up, myself included.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: What is the next concert you are going to?   What is the next concert you are going to? - Page 40 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2019 11:49 am

Heavy Mountain II Festival in Asheville with C.O.C., Pallbearer, Windhand, Torche, The Skull and Mothership on Sept. 21st.
Back to top Go down
Red Kitty
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Red Kitty

Number of posts : 1006

PostSubject: Re: What is the next concert you are going to?   What is the next concert you are going to? - Page 40 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2019 1:17 pm

Iron Maiden Tuesday night in PHX!
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: What is the next concert you are going to?   What is the next concert you are going to? - Page 40 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2019 2:01 pm

Red Kitty wrote:

You're going to love it!! headbanger
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: What is the next concert you are going to?   What is the next concert you are going to? - Page 40 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2019 12:39 pm

Red Kitty wrote:

Lucky you! Have fun.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: What is the next concert you are going to?   What is the next concert you are going to? - Page 40 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2019 1:03 pm

C.O.C./The Skull/Mothership/Witch Mountain at Riverfront Live, Cincinnati, OH this Sunday the 22nd.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: What is the next concert you are going to?   What is the next concert you are going to? - Page 40 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2019 1:06 pm

nevermore wrote:
Heavy Mountain II Festival in Asheville with C.O.C., Pallbearer, Windhand, Torche, The Skull and Mothership on Sept. 21st.

Nice. I'm seeing C.O.C./The Skull/Mothership the following night. If you're not familiar with Mothership, I did a write up that didn't receive any attention on here. You should be able to chat up Kelley (lead guitarist/vocalist) and his brother Kyle (bassist/vocalist) at the merch counter. They are very approachable and cool guys.
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: What is the next concert you are going to?   What is the next concert you are going to? - Page 40 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2019 5:32 am

Baby Metal Saturday.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: What is the next concert you are going to?   What is the next concert you are going to? - Page 40 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2019 3:02 pm

metalinmyveins wrote:
nevermore wrote:

Nice. I'm seeing C.O.C./The Skull/Mothership the following night. If you're not familiar with Mothership, I did a write up that didn't receive any attention on here. You should be able to chat up Kelley (lead guitarist/vocalist) and his brother Kyle (bassist/vocalist) at the merch counter. They are very approachable and cool guys.

I'm not familiar with this band. But I've had some friends recommend them. I'm looking forward to catching their set.

-------

https://heartofmetal.niceboard.com/viewtopic.php?t=26282
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is the next concert you are going to?   What is the next concert you are going to? - Page 40 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What is the next concert you are going to?
Page 40 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: