Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

VIXEN guitarist Jan Kuehnemund passes away

Go down 
+16
jstate
ZombieHavoc
ultmetal
mikeinfla
mc666
nevermore
exact33
snooloui
Eyesore
manny
bass63
Leatherface
kmorg
MoonChild
Fat Freddy
20 posters
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

VIXEN guitarist Jan Kuehnemund passes away Empty
PostSubject: VIXEN guitarist Jan Kuehnemund passes away   VIXEN guitarist Jan Kuehnemund passes away Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 12:54 pm

Jan Kuehnemund, guitarist of all-girl hair band Vixen, has passed away.

From Vixen's official FB page:

Quote :
It is with profound sadness that we announce the sudden passing of Vixen founder and lead guitarist, Jan Kuehnemund, who lost a fierce battle with cancer on Thursday, October 10, 2013. Though most well known for her gifted guitar playing and other musical talents, Jan was a rare friend and beautiful in every sense of the word. Humble, thoughtful, loyal and kind, she was the most gracious of women, possessing the quiet strength of a true warrior. She genuinely loved and appreciated her friends and fans more than most could ever know. Those who were most fortunate to have known her and loved her are heartbroken at the loss of Jan, whose spirit will shine through her music eternally.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: VIXEN guitarist Jan Kuehnemund passes away   VIXEN guitarist Jan Kuehnemund passes away Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 1:05 pm

RIP
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: VIXEN guitarist Jan Kuehnemund passes away   VIXEN guitarist Jan Kuehnemund passes away Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 1:18 pm

R.I.P

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18960

PostSubject: Re: VIXEN guitarist Jan Kuehnemund passes away   VIXEN guitarist Jan Kuehnemund passes away Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 1:34 pm

RIP
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

PostSubject: Re: VIXEN guitarist Jan Kuehnemund passes away   VIXEN guitarist Jan Kuehnemund passes away Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 1:52 pm

From what I read, she was only 51....

R.I.P. 
Back to top Go down
bass63
Metal master
Metal master
bass63

Number of posts : 882

PostSubject: Re: VIXEN guitarist Jan Kuehnemund passes away   VIXEN guitarist Jan Kuehnemund passes away Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 1:54 pm

Sad. Loved their first album. R.I.P
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: VIXEN guitarist Jan Kuehnemund passes away   VIXEN guitarist Jan Kuehnemund passes away Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 3:44 pm

I have their first two albums, hardly essential but good pop metal, I believe they were known as the female Bon Jovi
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: VIXEN guitarist Jan Kuehnemund passes away   VIXEN guitarist Jan Kuehnemund passes away Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 4:04 pm

She's gone to the big pizza party in the sky. =(
Back to top Go down
snooloui
Metal master
Metal master
snooloui

Number of posts : 913

PostSubject: Re: VIXEN guitarist Jan Kuehnemund passes away   VIXEN guitarist Jan Kuehnemund passes away Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 4:16 pm

I've never really gotten into them, but Cryin' from their debut is awesome. I only recently realised it was a cover (Jeff Paris). I think Vixen's version is better than the original though.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: VIXEN guitarist Jan Kuehnemund passes away   VIXEN guitarist Jan Kuehnemund passes away Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 9:31 pm

RIP

nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25900

PostSubject: Re: VIXEN guitarist Jan Kuehnemund passes away   VIXEN guitarist Jan Kuehnemund passes away Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 9:53 pm

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: VIXEN guitarist Jan Kuehnemund passes away   VIXEN guitarist Jan Kuehnemund passes away Icon_minitimeSat Oct 12, 2013 1:42 am

Roxy was always my crush, but all the ladies were beautiful & talented. Rest In Peace Jan.

mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: VIXEN guitarist Jan Kuehnemund passes away   VIXEN guitarist Jan Kuehnemund passes away Icon_minitimeSat Oct 12, 2013 10:35 pm

Didn't they attempt a Kickstarter campaign last year that never made goal? And if you donated one dollar they emailed you a pic of them flipping you off? Lol!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: VIXEN guitarist Jan Kuehnemund passes away   VIXEN guitarist Jan Kuehnemund passes away Icon_minitimeSun Oct 13, 2013 3:34 pm

That's sad.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: VIXEN guitarist Jan Kuehnemund passes away   VIXEN guitarist Jan Kuehnemund passes away Icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2013 9:31 am

I read that yesterday and it bums me out. I loved Vixen when I was a kid. I had the first two albums and had no problems letting people know I dug 'em. I also dug Metallica and Slayer, which was the way most of my friends leaned in middle school, so they gave me hell for liking Vixen so much.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: VIXEN guitarist Jan Kuehnemund passes away   VIXEN guitarist Jan Kuehnemund passes away Icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2013 12:35 pm

I used to get hell for it too. But the funny thing is, I was one of the haters until I saw them live.  Turned me into a fan real quick.  Still a top of the list show for me.  Completely unexpected as I was dragged to it.  Their songs had a nice rougher edge live and I thought they breathed a different life into them from the overly polished records.  RIP Jan
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3178

PostSubject: Re: VIXEN guitarist Jan Kuehnemund passes away   VIXEN guitarist Jan Kuehnemund passes away Icon_minitimeThu Nov 27, 2014 7:59 am

I was watching this concert -
thinking how cute they looked - stripped down of the flash -
then read some of the comments - that the guitarist died -
They were a fun part of the scene - before metal bowed out !
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: VIXEN guitarist Jan Kuehnemund passes away   VIXEN guitarist Jan Kuehnemund passes away Icon_minitimeThu Nov 27, 2014 11:00 am

RIP
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: VIXEN guitarist Jan Kuehnemund passes away   VIXEN guitarist Jan Kuehnemund passes away Icon_minitimeThu Nov 27, 2014 1:32 pm

I saw them back in the day. I forget who they opened for but they were hot both in looks and musically that night! Prob around 86 or 87 when I saw them.
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: VIXEN guitarist Jan Kuehnemund passes away   VIXEN guitarist Jan Kuehnemund passes away Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2015 8:27 pm

I honestly didn't know she died until today when I was reading the band's Wikipedia page, it was especially tragic as the band was planning to announce a reunion tour before Jan found out she had cancer, so the band delayed plans in hopes of her getting better, but alas it never happened.

Has anyone else ever not found out about a band member's death until months or even years after it happened? I didn't know Wayne Static of Static-X died until a few weeks ago.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: VIXEN guitarist Jan Kuehnemund passes away   VIXEN guitarist Jan Kuehnemund passes away Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2015 8:53 pm

Vexer6 wrote:

Has anyone else ever not found out about a band member's death until months or even years after it happened?  I didn't know Wayne Static of Static-X died until a few weeks ago.

Yes, I only found out that Edgar Froese of Tangerine Dream had passed yesterday (2 months late) so R.I.P. to him and R.I.P. to Jan.
Back to top Go down
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: VIXEN guitarist Jan Kuehnemund passes away   VIXEN guitarist Jan Kuehnemund passes away Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2015 6:40 am

Dennis Hopper was dead for a couple of years when I finally came out of my daze.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: VIXEN guitarist Jan Kuehnemund passes away   VIXEN guitarist Jan Kuehnemund passes away Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2015 3:19 pm

UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS wrote:
Dennis Hopper was dead for a couple of years when I finally came out of my daze.

Yeah not in a band but Bob Denver passed away in 2005 and I remember being shocked that our little buddy Gilligan died and it was about 2010 before I heard about it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: VIXEN guitarist Jan Kuehnemund passes away   VIXEN guitarist Jan Kuehnemund passes away Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

VIXEN guitarist Jan Kuehnemund passes away
Page 1 of 1