Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bob Bogle, Lead Guitarist of The Ventures Passes Away

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Bob Bogle, Lead Guitarist of The Ventures Passes Away Empty
PostSubject: Bob Bogle, Lead Guitarist of The Ventures Passes Away   Bob Bogle, Lead Guitarist of The Ventures Passes Away Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 10:31 am

In this wave of recent "celebrity" deaths, I thought I'd mention one that slipped under the radar, but has had a major influence on guitar-based music, especially thrash.

Bob Bogle of the legendary instrumental surf-rock group The Ventures, passed away on June 14th from non-hodgkin's lymphoma. Bob's fast sweeping style of guitar picking (along with Dick Dale) helped define the unique sound of 60's surf rock. The Ventures were moslty know for their hit "Walk, Don't Run" and for the theme to the hit tv show Hawaii 5-0.

Scott Ian of Anthrax pointed out that the fast sweep picking was inflential to his style of guitar playing and helped define the thrash genre.

Here's to you Bob. Rest in peace and have fun jamming with heaven's All-Star band.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Bob Bogle, Lead Guitarist of The Ventures Passes Away   Bob Bogle, Lead Guitarist of The Ventures Passes Away Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 10:35 am

Tony Iommi and Jeff Beck were also big fans of The Ventures, thanks for the music.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Bob Bogle, Lead Guitarist of The Ventures Passes Away   Bob Bogle, Lead Guitarist of The Ventures Passes Away Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 2:14 pm

One of the first riffs i ever learned was Walk Don't Run. The music had character and was relaxing. RIP
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bob Bogle, Lead Guitarist of The Ventures Passes Away   Bob Bogle, Lead Guitarist of The Ventures Passes Away Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bob Bogle, Lead Guitarist of The Ventures Passes Away
Page 1 of 1