Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

new Metal Church

Go down 
+25
Vexer6
BearOnUnicycle
Witchfinder
cruedevil71
EmoElmo
jstate
martinsane
corplhicks
MoonChild
MetalGuy71
ultmetal
Thrasher73
kmorg
Boris2008
mc666
Temple of Blood
GrandNational
adrian
Orion Crystal Ice
nevermore
James B.
Dark Horseman
Troublezone
Lurideath
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
adrian
Metal master
Metal master
adrian

Number of posts : 994

new Metal Church - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: new Metal Church   new Metal Church - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 12:06 am

I'm excited they're coming to SLC. Never thought I'd get a chance to see them live!
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: new Metal Church   new Metal Church - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 1:46 am

chewie wrote:
corplhicks wrote:

Here's the supporting 2014 tour, North American leg:

February 14 FRI ORANGEVALE, CA THE BOARDWALK
I'm going to have to catch them if they are going to be in the Sacramento Area!!!!!!

That place is about 20 minutes from my house.
I want to go to that one too; however they picked the WORST DATE for a married man to attend a concert.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: new Metal Church   new Metal Church - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 2:31 am

corplhicks wrote:
chewie wrote:
corplhicks wrote:

I'm going to have to catch them if they are going to be in the Sacramento Area!!!!!!

I want to go to that one too; however they picked the WORST DATE for a married man to attend a concert.
Anniversary???
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: new Metal Church   new Metal Church - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 2:54 am

Temple of Blood wrote:

I'm sure it's a lot more the 2%.

That out of key solo bothers me towards the end of "Winter's Call", for one.
Yeah, I'm sure it's more than 2%. Very Happy 

It's been awhile since I heard Winter's Call, I'll take a listen to that solo when I get a chance.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: new Metal Church   new Metal Church - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 3:35 am

chewie wrote:
corplhicks wrote:
chewie wrote:
corplhicks wrote:

Anniversary???
lol Valentine's Day, brother.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: new Metal Church   new Metal Church - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 4:08 am

corplhicks wrote:
chewie wrote:
corplhicks wrote:
chewie wrote:
corplhicks wrote:

Anniversary???
And what says "I love you" more than a matching pair of Metal Church tickets?!! (I honestly have no idea why I'm single! Laughing very hard )
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

PostSubject: Re: new Metal Church   new Metal Church - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 11:21 am

I see they're coming to Pittsburgh in March. I'd love to see them. I keep missing some great shows because I have no one to go with. My wife doesn't like that music and my friends just don't seem to have the time anymore. Maybe I can luck out this time.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

PostSubject: Re: new Metal Church   new Metal Church - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 11:23 am

corplhicks wrote:
chewie wrote:
corplhicks wrote:
chewie wrote:
corplhicks wrote:

Anniversary???
DOH!!!!!! lol! 

For reasons I cannot say, but luckily for me, my wife HATES Valentines Day, but I always try to do something.

Boris2008 wrote:
And what says "I love you" more than a matching pair of Metal Church tickets?!! (I honestly have no idea why I'm single! Laughing very hard  )
Well, she does like metal!!!! I STILL hear about the time that I went to see UFO on the You Are Here Tour without her. I went by myself... didn't think that she was interested, boy was I wrong.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: new Metal Church   new Metal Church - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 12:59 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
corplhicks wrote:
chewie wrote:
corplhicks wrote:
chewie wrote:
corplhicks wrote:

Anniversary???
And what says "I love you" more than a matching pair of Metal Church tickets?!! (I honestly have no idea why I'm single! Laughing very hard )
Lawl! I agree. She was wanting Les Miserables tix next year; think I'll invest in MC "for her pleasure." Save some freaking money in the process, too.

chewie wrote:
corplhicks wrote:
chewie wrote:
corplhicks wrote:
chewie wrote:
corplhicks wrote:

Anniversary???
DOH!!!!!! lol! 

For reasons I cannot say, but luckily for me, my wife HATES Valentines Day, but I always try to do something.

Boris2008 wrote:
And what says "I love you" more than a matching pair of Metal Church tickets?!! (I honestly have no idea why I'm single! Laughing very hard  )
Well, she does like metal!!!! I STILL hear about the time that I went to see UFO on the You Are Here Tour without her. I went by myself... didn't think that she was interested, boy was I wrong.
My wife and I celebrate V-day like it's the end of the world, so there's no way I'll skip out (I'm one of those blokes who's sappily and madly in love with his other half). But you're lucky, chewie. My wife is cool with me listening to metal and even buys me CD's and such, but can't stand to hear it. It used to be different (she was a massive Dream Theater fan when I met her), but kids and certain life experiences has mellowed her out a lot. Not a bad thing, but I have to wait for alone time to hear my music.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7613

PostSubject: Re: new Metal Church   new Metal Church - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 4:18 pm

I'll catch the Pittsburgh show.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: new Metal Church   new Metal Church - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 5:10 pm

Witchfinder wrote:

If I go , maybe I'll see ya there.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: new Metal Church   new Metal Church - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 5:11 pm

Valentine's day has got to be the worst "holiday". Made up for women by women, I think. We don't really do anything for it.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7613

PostSubject: Re: new Metal Church   new Metal Church - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 6:17 pm

007 wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:
If I go , maybe I'll see ya there.
Sounds good.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: new Metal Church   new Metal Church - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 6:35 pm

The whole album sounds good to me! (including the first song)
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: new Metal Church   new Metal Church - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 8:09 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Eddie Trunk mainly knows about glam stuff that was on MTV.  Someone mentioned FATES WARNING to him once and he had no idea who they were.  He doesn't like stuff that's really heavy.  And Badlands is lame.  Those albums were chock full of filler and Jake E. Lee desperately needs Daisley to write songs for him.

You're crazy. Voodoo Highway is a great album!
Back to top Go down
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: new Metal Church   new Metal Church - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2013 12:00 am

Uncle Sax don't like Mr. Trunk

new Metal Church - Page 4 558012_10200196778900995_543171828_n
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

PostSubject: Re: new Metal Church   new Metal Church - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2013 12:01 am

He is a lifelong Metal Church supporter, though. [this show was the second real concussion of about 15 that I can actually validate.  Nazi torpedoed me and I did not wake up for over 24 hours.]

new Metal Church - Page 4 316138_2120923461479_637203313_n
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: new Metal Church   new Metal Church - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2013 1:13 am

UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS wrote:
He is a lifelong Metal Church supporter, though.

Then he should be showing them as much support as he does any other fundamental, influential, and musically sophisticated metal band. Why is he so quiet about it? Two coffee table books he calls "encyclopedias" of heavy metal and the one time their name comes up is in the noteworthy appendix of the second volume. I literally what the f*cked when I saw that.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: new Metal Church   new Metal Church - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2013 11:20 am

corplhicks wrote:

Then he should be showing them as much support as he does any other fundamental, influential, and musically sophisticated metal band. Why is he so quiet about it? Two coffee table books he calls "encyclopedias" of heavy metal and the one time their name comes up is in the noteworthy appendix of the second volume. I literally what the f*cked when I saw that.

I think the "he" Uncle Sax is speaking of is Uncle Saxon himself. He likes to speak of himself in the third person. Folks of his advanced age and multiple concussions tend to do that.  drunken 

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9889

PostSubject: Re: new Metal Church   new Metal Church - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 4:21 am

Love this album. One of my best cd purchases for 2013.

Metal church absolutely rule.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

PostSubject: Re: new Metal Church   new Metal Church - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 11:25 am

I have class that night. Unless I get out at a decent time, I will not be able to go.
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

PostSubject: Re: new Metal Church   new Metal Church - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 12:48 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
corplhicks wrote:

I think the "he" Uncle Sax is speaking of is Uncle Saxon himself. He likes to speak of himself in the third person. Folks of his advanced age and multiple concussions tend to do that.  drunken 

Booker T understands.

And I have the Daniel Bukszpan Encyclopedia of Heavy Metal and MC has a couple of pages in there. I agree, though. They will never, ever get the love they deserve. Alot like King's X in that way.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: new Metal Church   new Metal Church - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 6:00 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
corplhicks wrote:

Booker T understands.

And I have the Daniel Bukszpan Encyclopedia of Heavy Metal and MC has a couple of pages in there.  I agree, though.  They will never, ever get the love they deserve.  Alot like King's X in that way.

Lol now I need to figure out who Booker T is (Booker T Washington?  Wink )

But yeah even their name speaks volumes about not just their music, but how relevant they are to the genre as well. I feel for Kurdt. He's wanted this band to be much more than it is, and the struggle has been great. Sure do admire his persistence.
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

PostSubject: Re: new Metal Church   new Metal Church - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 6:11 pm

corplhicks wrote:

Jones [Booker T and the "MG"s?  cryptic, I know].
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: new Metal Church   new Metal Church - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 6:19 pm

corplhicks wrote:

Jones [Booker T and the "MG"s?  cryptic, I know].

Green Onions!!! Right??
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: new Metal Church   new Metal Church - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

new Metal Church
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next