Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Chuck Klosterman Corners Guy At Party Wearing Dio Shirt

Go down 
+10
Sutekh
manny
thejokeriv
corplhicks
stormspell
Short-Fuse
Fat Freddy
jstate
chewie
Orion Crystal Ice
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Chuck Klosterman Corners Guy At Party Wearing Dio Shirt - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chuck Klosterman Corners Guy At Party Wearing Dio Shirt   Chuck Klosterman Corners Guy At Party Wearing Dio Shirt - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2013 11:57 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
metalinmyveins wrote:

Wow, I'm surprised you don't find him more appealing. His sense of humor seems sort of up your alley. I loved "Fargo Rock City", and really enjoyed "Eating the Dinosaur", "IV", and "Sex Drugs and Cocoa Puffs". I still haven't ready "Killing Yourself to Live" and it looks like he's written a two-three more books over the last couple of years, so I'll have to take a look at those.
I just find his stuff hit or miss. Sometimes he hits the mark and other times the psycho-babble sociology B.S. gets so deep you need hip waders and a flashlight to find your way out of it. Very Happy

I liked "Fargo" and now that I think about it, I've read bits and pieces of "IV" as well (there was an essay in that one about watching VH1 Classic for 24 hours straight that was frickin' hilarious)...
Based on your comments and metalinmyveins, I order one of his books to be sent to my local library and check him out myself.
Back to top Go down
Hadley
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 991

PostSubject: Re: Chuck Klosterman Corners Guy At Party Wearing Dio Shirt   Chuck Klosterman Corners Guy At Party Wearing Dio Shirt - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2013 4:20 pm

I liked Fargo Rock City, but you can tell there are moments when he didnt do the research. For example, in one of the essays in that book he claims that the groups Damien and Armored Saint had satanic lyrics. Never heard Damien so i cant comment on them, but Armored Saint? They never even came CLOSE to occult-themed lyrics.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Chuck Klosterman Corners Guy At Party Wearing Dio Shirt   Chuck Klosterman Corners Guy At Party Wearing Dio Shirt - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2013 7:11 pm

This is my most popular thread.....

Chuck Klosterman Corners Guy At Party Wearing Dio Shirt - Page 2 FYeahPG13_Big
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Chuck Klosterman Corners Guy At Party Wearing Dio Shirt   Chuck Klosterman Corners Guy At Party Wearing Dio Shirt - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2013 10:30 am

Funny. Very Happy I only know Klosterman from the various metal docs he's appeared on. I know his books are supposed to be pretty good but I've never read them. I work at a library and we just recently got his newest one in.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chuck Klosterman Corners Guy At Party Wearing Dio Shirt   Chuck Klosterman Corners Guy At Party Wearing Dio Shirt - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chuck Klosterman Corners Guy At Party Wearing Dio Shirt
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2