Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dark Angel Keep It True 2014

Go down 
+20
mlotek
mc666
DakotaRogers
Tur-Thalion
thejokeriv
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
Lurideath
choosemetal
Orion Crystal Ice
Required Fields
ultmetal
BearOnUnicycle
Dark Horseman
stormspell
adrian
Troublezone
Temple of Blood
Boris2008
Leatherface
24 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18960

Dark Angel Keep It True 2014 Empty
PostSubject: Dark Angel Keep It True 2014   Dark Angel Keep It True 2014 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 6:38 am

Both Dark Angel's and Doty Doty's Facebook has made the announcement that Dark Angel will be playing the KIT XVII next year.  Jim Durkin will not be involved though because of work related issues it seems. Don, Gene, Eric and Mike are all on board, according to Don.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Dark Angel Keep It True 2014   Dark Angel Keep It True 2014 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 7:03 am

Should be very cool! I loved Darkness Descends and think that it's up there with anything from that era. After that I just couldn't get on with Ron Rinehart's vocals.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Dark Angel Keep It True 2014   Dark Angel Keep It True 2014 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 8:23 pm

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Dark Angel Keep It True 2014   Dark Angel Keep It True 2014 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 11:27 pm

Awesome news!

I much prefer Ron's vocals (TDNH is my favorite), but who's gonna complain? We're lucky to get any form of the band at this point! It's a shame Jim Durkin isn't involved. He basically wrote all the music on Darkness Descends.
Back to top Go down
adrian
Metal master
Metal master
adrian

Number of posts : 994

PostSubject: Re: Dark Angel Keep It True 2014   Dark Angel Keep It True 2014 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 2:57 am

Really surprising and awesome news, despite the lack of Durkin and Rinehart. Leave Scars will always be my favorite
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: Dark Angel Keep It True 2014   Dark Angel Keep It True 2014 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 5:08 am

I got my ticket and hotel booked, bring it on! the entire KIT line-up is amazing:

DARK ANGEL (USA)
JAG PANZER (USA)
(Special Early Days Show for the first time in Europe with Joey Tafolla)

FLOTSAM & JETSAM (USA)
(Exclusive “No Place For The Deceiver” Show)

WARRIOR (USA)
LETHAL (USA)
HEXX (USA)
(special old school show)

SINNER (GER)
(Special Old School Show)

VARDIS (UK)
ATLANTEAN KODEX (GER)
PERSIAN RISK (UK)
DECEASED (USA)
IRON CROSS (USA)
MASQUE (UK)
DEEP MACHINE (UK)
NIGHT DEMON (USA)
IRON KINGDOM (CAN)
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Dark Angel Keep It True 2014   Dark Angel Keep It True 2014 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 11:48 am

That is a killer lineup.
Back to top Go down
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

PostSubject: Re: Dark Angel Keep It True 2014   Dark Angel Keep It True 2014 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 12:47 pm

KIT always has an amazing obscure bands playing.
stormspell wrote:
I got my ticket and hotel booked, bring it on! the entire KIT line-up is amazing:

LETHAL (USA)
!!1!1
Considering they've been more of a dead than alive act over the years, add to that the loss their guitarist (RIP), I'm shocked to see them performing.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Dark Angel Keep It True 2014   Dark Angel Keep It True 2014 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 8:30 pm

Just to see Dark Angel and Flotsam would be worth the price.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Dark Angel Keep It True 2014   Dark Angel Keep It True 2014 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 8:49 pm

Very cool, though I prefer Ron to Don.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28455

PostSubject: Re: Dark Angel Keep It True 2014   Dark Angel Keep It True 2014 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 10:38 pm

Awesome news! This was actually brought up by a friend at a metal show I was at last night, although he couldn't remember if it was Don or Ron.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Dark Angel Keep It True 2014   Dark Angel Keep It True 2014 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 9:23 pm

Spoke to a buddy of mine connected to Dark Angel. Looks like some of this is just Don Doty using the DA name to get some gigs. Jim Durkin isn't interested in DA without Ron. Nothing posted on Gene Hoglan's Facebook page. He's busy touring with Testament.

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Dark Angel Keep It True 2014   Dark Angel Keep It True 2014 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 10:12 pm

Gene is supposedly playing this gig.

They had decades to get back together. I don't blame Don for getting this going one bit.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Dark Angel Keep It True 2014   Dark Angel Keep It True 2014 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 10:16 pm

I remember the weird semi-revival they had a few years back and they had Dark Angel with a new sexy image, with lots of girls in skimpy leather modelling t-shirts and flyers and stuff all over the web, and I'm thinking, girls who look like this aren't fans of this band. lol!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Dark Angel Keep It True 2014   Dark Angel Keep It True 2014 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 10:18 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Gene is supposedly playing this gig.

They had decades to get back together.  I don't blame Don for getting this going one bit.
I guess we'll see. From what I was told, Gene didn't know anything about it at the time the news was posted on Blabbermouth.

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Dark Angel Keep It True 2014   Dark Angel Keep It True 2014 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 10:27 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
I remember the weird semi-revival they had a few years back and they had Dark Angel with a new sexy image, with lots of girls in skimpy leather modelling t-shirts and flyers and stuff all over the web, and I'm thinking, girls who look like this aren't fans of this band. lol!
haha, yeah, I remember that too.  That was totally ridiculous.  I think it was because Eric's girlfriend was a model.

And they had that one show without Hoglan.  I don't think there are many metal drummers who can replace Hoglan in Dark Angel.  Per Jensen from Invocator/Haunted is the only decent replacement I think would be conceivable.

Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Dark Angel Keep It True 2014   Dark Angel Keep It True 2014 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 10:29 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Awesome news!

I much prefer Ron's vocals (TDNH is my favorite), but who's gonna complain? We're lucky to get any form of the band at this point! It's a shame Jim Durkin isn't involved. He basically wrote all the music on Darkness Descends.

I totally agree with you.

I think there is no way they will do new material.  Hoglan would have to do 90% of the work especially without Durkin, and the new replacement guitarist is like 19 years old so I wouldn't could on much great DA material from him.  There is no money in them recording a new album and a lot in Gene playing drums for other established bands so that is what he will focus on.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Dark Angel Keep It True 2014   Dark Angel Keep It True 2014 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 12:03 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Awesome news!

I totally agree with you.

I think there is no way they will do new material.  Hoglan would have to do 90% of the work especially without Durkin, and the new replacement guitarist is like 19 years old so I wouldn't could on much great DA material from him.  There is no money in them recording a new album and a lot in Gene playing drums for other established bands so that is what he will focus on.
Anything is possible.

Last edited by Troublezone on Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Dark Angel Keep It True 2014   Dark Angel Keep It True 2014 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 3:24 pm

I expect an official announcement from the band in the near future.

Metal master
Metal master
choosemetal

Number of posts : 757

PostSubject: Re: Dark Angel Keep It True 2014   Dark Angel Keep It True 2014 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 3:31 pm

I wish Ron would come back. Does anybody know what happened to him?
Back to top Go down
http://wwwtotalmetal.blogspot.com/
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Dark Angel Keep It True 2014   Dark Angel Keep It True 2014 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 5:05 pm

Ron is alive and well and living in Washington state.

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Dark Angel Keep It True 2014   Dark Angel Keep It True 2014 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2013 8:59 pm

And there is it...
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/dark-angel-guitarist-if-the-band-were-to-come-back-ron-rinehart-would-be-the-singer/

JIM DURKIN
"When I was last in the band, Ron Rinehart was my singer. And IF the band were to come back and continue. he would STILL be my singer. He was our rock when we needed him and there is NO WAY I would do this without him. He and I talk daily and are as close now as ever. If anything, all this talk has brought us all back into more frequent contact! Which is a wonderful thing."

Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Dark Angel Keep It True 2014   Dark Angel Keep It True 2014 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2013 11:13 pm

ultmetal wrote:
And there is it...
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/dark-angel-guitarist-if-the-band-were-to-come-back-ron-rinehart-would-be-the-singer/

JIM DURKIN
"When I was last in the band, Ron Rinehart was my singer. And IF the band were to come back and continue. he would STILL be my singer. He was our rock when we needed him and there is NO WAY I would do this without him. He and I talk daily and are as close now as ever. If anything, all this talk has brought us all back into more frequent contact! Which is a wonderful thing."
Glad to hear that from Jim. I much prefer Ron. TDNH is one of my favorite albums.
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: Dark Angel Keep It True 2014   Dark Angel Keep It True 2014 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 30, 2013 1:35 am

Oh no, the Queensryche syndrome strikes again! Suspect 
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Dark Angel Keep It True 2014   Dark Angel Keep It True 2014 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 30, 2013 11:43 am

I prefer Ron as the vocalist in DA.

I would love it if Jim came back and played guitar for DA in some capacity.

BUT ....

Both those guys have had a long time to do this if they really wanted to do it. The fact that they haven't tells us something important. Jim never played a show with DA outside the state of California. They went on to have two other guitarists after him and released great material after he was gone. His stuff he recorded after DA was not good. He's not essential and this has been proven.

Ron sounds like he has serious health problems that prevent him from singing. I'd rather have a healthy Ron than a reunited DA with him singing.

If bringing Don back and another new guitarist helps DA become active again then that's exactly what they should do.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dark Angel Keep It True 2014   Dark Angel Keep It True 2014 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dark Angel Keep It True 2014
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next