Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Thumb/flash drive in car, tips, problems?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

Thumb/flash drive in car, tips, problems? Empty
PostSubject: Thumb/flash drive in car, tips, problems?   Thumb/flash drive in car, tips, problems? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 7:09 pm

I started this thread because I wasn't able to get my flash drive to play over the USB in my new car. I'm running a Maxell Maxdata 360 8 GB, in a Ford Focus with Sync. I got a message that says it won't run protected files.
The files I was trying to run were ripped to my computer from CD's, not downloaded. However I did download the track info and artwork for the CD's I loaded unto the thumb. I wonder if this was the problem?
I'm going to load my next thumb while offline and enter the info manually, maybe that will work. I'm also told to make sure the thumb isn't password protected, which it isn't as far as I know. I didn't set up a password and I think the default is for no password.
Any help or tips are appreciated.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thumb/flash drive in car, tips, problems?   Thumb/flash drive in car, tips, problems? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 7:14 pm

What audio program do you use to rip your files?
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

PostSubject: Re: Thumb/flash drive in car, tips, problems?   Thumb/flash drive in car, tips, problems? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 7:25 pm

Make sure your thumb drive is formatted to FAT32 or it cannot be read by a car usb. You can check by right clicking on the drive and looking at Properties.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Thumb/flash drive in car, tips, problems?   Thumb/flash drive in car, tips, problems? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2013 12:10 am

Thanks. I'm using Windows media to rip the files. I've also seen the fat32 being an issue as I've browsed for info, so I'll have to make sure about that setting.
S.D. I can understand your attachment to vinyl, sometimes all this tech makes me pine for the old days.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thumb/flash drive in car, tips, problems?   Thumb/flash drive in car, tips, problems? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2013 12:19 am

Make sure you don't have Windows Media Player set to copy-protect your files when you are ripping.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thumb/flash drive in car, tips, problems?   Thumb/flash drive in car, tips, problems? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thumb/flash drive in car, tips, problems?
Page 1 of 1