Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Interesting responses to this post on blabbermouth.

Go down 
+15
scottmitchell74
sam
Wargod
A Handful of Wayne
GrandNational
SideShowDisaSter
7thSecond
Temple of Blood
T-Roy
mc666
Required Fields
Fat Freddy
Thrasher73
ultmetal
Troublezone
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

Interesting responses to this post on blabbermouth. Empty
PostSubject: Interesting responses to this post on blabbermouth.   Interesting responses to this post on blabbermouth. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2007 7:31 am

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=80252
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Interesting responses to this post on blabbermouth.   Interesting responses to this post on blabbermouth. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2007 8:21 am

Blabbermouth tends to have people running off at the mouth about things they either don't understand or know little about. I see people on that site giving opinions and low ratings to albums they have never heard based on nothing more than what they have heard about the band.

As for the Christian metal debate, well, obviously I have no problem with it since I sing in a band that is often labeled Christian metal. I think Metal is a form of expression that is not limited to just anger and hatred. People who think this are 1) missing out on some great music, and 2) are as narrow minded as the most religious Christian. Metal is metal. Listen to what you like, don't listen to what you don't. If you don't like the band's lyrics, so be it. No reason to go off half cocked just because you disagree with them.

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Interesting responses to this post on blabbermouth.   Interesting responses to this post on blabbermouth. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2007 8:46 am

Good Post Ult.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37658

PostSubject: Re: Interesting responses to this post on blabbermouth.   Interesting responses to this post on blabbermouth. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2007 8:55 am

This doesn't surprise me... it seems like the average Blabbermouth poster is a drooling mouth breather who goes into a hissy fit at the first mention of "Christianity" or "Jesus" so they can seem more "troo" or "kult" to their buddies.

I used to post quite frequently on Blabbermouth years ago but eventually quit because with all the haters/morons taking over the message boards, it became impossible to have any kind of sensible conversation about metal. It was like being trapped in a room full of monkeys throwing poo at each other.

I still read the news on Blabber but rarely, if ever, bother to post any comments. It isn't worth it.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28460

PostSubject: Re: Interesting responses to this post on blabbermouth.   Interesting responses to this post on blabbermouth. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2007 9:08 am

This reminds me of a guy I know on another board, who vehemently despises Christians with a rabid vengeance. He refuses to believe any Christian metal band is metal. He even refuses to acknowledge bands like Gamma Ray and Devastation as metal, as even though they are not Christian bands, they have some songs with lyrics that could be interpreted as Christian.

I am not a Christian, but I will be the first to tell you that there is such a thing as Christian metal. I mean, take the average death metal song, for example. Then take the song's lyrics, change them into something more Christian based, and keep the music and everything else EXACTLY the same, and it's still a metal song.

So according to this guy I was talking about, having Christian lyrics magically turns metal riffs non-metal.

I know most Christians seem to despise metal with a passion, Christian or secular, although that's not an attack towards Christianity or the Christians who post here. Some of the most religious people I know are massive metal fans, some of the most anti-religious people I know hate metal as much or more than the "Won't somebody please think of the children?" types.

I wonder about rap, or punk, or any other form of music most extremely religious Christians despise...I wonder if you are going to refuse to acknowledge the existence of Christian metal, are you going to have to refuse to acknowledge the existence of Christian rap, Christian punk, etc.?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Interesting responses to this post on blabbermouth.   Interesting responses to this post on blabbermouth. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2007 9:18 am

i've always said that those who feel threatened by others
expressing thier beliefs, are really just insecure about thier own.

i've never put much stock in lyrics. those who would be so easily swayed in either direction by a rock band, be it religious or secular, are pretty weak. so when i hear people say they will not listen to Christian metal or to Black metal based on the message, or the beliefs behind it, i just feel they are cheating themselves of some great music. i feel sorry for them.

in any case, like someone else here said. metal is metal. enjoy what you want & let others do likewise.

T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Interesting responses to this post on blabbermouth.   Interesting responses to this post on blabbermouth. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2007 9:29 am

PREACH IT BROTHERS! 🤘
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Interesting responses to this post on blabbermouth.   Interesting responses to this post on blabbermouth. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2007 10:52 am

This is why we as Christian metal musicians have to work hard to make our music a cut above because so many people need to be convinced that what we're doing is legit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Interesting responses to this post on blabbermouth.   Interesting responses to this post on blabbermouth. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2007 12:32 pm

Don't even bother with Blabbermouth. The place is worthless when it comes to "fan" contributions.

I love when you've got morons there that'll go off on a band like Stuck Mojo, calling them wiggers and whatnot, then you plug their e-mail address into MySpace, and they look like this:

Interesting responses to this post on blabbermouth. Beat_the_wigger002

lol!
Back to top Go down
7thSecond
Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Number of posts : 665

PostSubject: Re: Interesting responses to this post on blabbermouth.   Interesting responses to this post on blabbermouth. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2007 1:43 pm

I never thought of putting in the posters email address and then checking out their My Space accounts. That was pretty cool. I noticed that many of the posters on that thread said that they were Christians and had Jesus listed as their hero. That thread was no different then any other by the way. They all, no matter what the topic, have a few foul mouthed, young, wanna be cool kiddies show up. Visiting their My Space accounts just confirmed what I already knew.
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4603

PostSubject: Re: Interesting responses to this post on blabbermouth.   Interesting responses to this post on blabbermouth. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2007 1:54 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Don't even bother with Blabbermouth. The place is worthless when it comes to "fan" contributions.

I love when you've got morons there that'll go off on a band like Stuck Mojo, calling them wiggers and whatnot, then you plug their e-mail address into MySpace, and they look like this:

Interesting responses to this post on blabbermouth. Beat_the_wigger002

lol!

Wat u talkin bout dawg? Hes str8 up gangsta! U can cleerly c he is metal as all get out foo!

Laughing very hard

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Interesting responses to this post on blabbermouth.   Interesting responses to this post on blabbermouth. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2007 2:39 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
This doesn't surprise me... it seems like the average Blabbermouth poster is a drooling mouth breather who goes into a hissy fit at the first mention of "Christianity" or "Jesus" so they can seem more "troo" or "kult" to their buddies.

I used to post quite frequently on Blabbermouth years ago but eventually quit because with all the haters/morons taking over the message boards, it became impossible to have any kind of sensible conversation about metal. It was like being trapped in a room full of monkeys throwing poo at each other.

I still read the news on Blabber but rarely, if ever, bother to post any comments. It isn't worth it.

Fat Freddy, I am in the same position. After a while, you feel like the morons there are starting to make you dumb. Also, as a Christian, I have way more secular metal music in my collection than what is labeled as Christian metal. I agree with what MC666 said in his post. I am more secure about my beliefs than most non-believers who have to act like little whinny children when Christianity and metal are mentioned together. Grown up and enjoy the music!
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Interesting responses to this post on blabbermouth.   Interesting responses to this post on blabbermouth. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2007 8:30 pm

That's why i like this board. There are actually intelligent constructive comments here. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Interesting responses to this post on blabbermouth.   Interesting responses to this post on blabbermouth. Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2007 1:24 am

7thSecond wrote:
I never thought of putting in the posters email address and then checking out their My Space accounts. That was pretty cool. I noticed that many of the posters on that thread said that they were Christians and had Jesus listed as their hero. That thread was no different then any other by the way. They all, no matter what the topic, have a few foul mouthed, young, wanna be cool kiddies show up. Visiting their My Space accounts just confirmed what I already knew.
Yeah, I felt a little weird doing that, almost like a stalker, but it was hilarious. I really did find a kid who looked that the one in that photo talking trash about "wigger metal." Haha. Another guy would constantly talk trash in any Devin Townsend post, saying he sucked, couldn't play, wasa sellout, etc. This is that guy:

http://www.choralesatana.com
http://www.myspace.com/choralesatana

All hail the Choir of Satan!

Interesting responses to this post on blabbermouth. 1159759891_l

Laughing very hard lol!
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Interesting responses to this post on blabbermouth.   Interesting responses to this post on blabbermouth. Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2007 3:04 am

Wow! He looks like a gang member from here in L.A.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Interesting responses to this post on blabbermouth.   Interesting responses to this post on blabbermouth. Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2007 3:07 am

GrandNational wrote:
Satan's choir is full of gang members! You know how he do.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Interesting responses to this post on blabbermouth.   Interesting responses to this post on blabbermouth. Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2007 6:33 am

Eyesore wrote:
GrandNational wrote:
Satan's choir is full of gang members! You know how he do.

Tha Devil iz a troo gangsta, y'all.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Interesting responses to this post on blabbermouth.   Interesting responses to this post on blabbermouth. Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 1:42 pm

Whats up with Blabbermouth? I tried to go there and then it links itself to somewhere else.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Interesting responses to this post on blabbermouth.   Interesting responses to this post on blabbermouth. Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 2:53 pm

It worked this morning but it don't now!

Wargod48
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Interesting responses to this post on blabbermouth.   Interesting responses to this post on blabbermouth. Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 9:08 pm

Looks like someone at Blabbermouth or Roadrunner forgot to pay their hosting fee... you get a generic "search" page right now...

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Interesting responses to this post on blabbermouth.   Interesting responses to this post on blabbermouth. Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 10:39 am

I hate people who don't even give anything a chance.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Interesting responses to this post on blabbermouth.   Interesting responses to this post on blabbermouth. Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 11:43 am

Quote :
mouth breather

I've always found this expression comical! I love it as a description!
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Interesting responses to this post on blabbermouth.   Interesting responses to this post on blabbermouth. Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 2:00 pm

I read Blabbermouth for the news, but every post always ends like this:

" I Love (interest band name)"
" You Suck for liking them"
"They aren't real metal, real metal is (name some obsure death/black metal act) all the rest are sh!t"
" you are merry and suck donkey d@*ks"
"F you and your merry for not liking (interst band name here)
and it goes on and on and on ....
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Interesting responses to this post on blabbermouth.   Interesting responses to this post on blabbermouth. Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 4:39 pm

manny wrote:

"They aren't real metal, real metal is (name some obsure death/black metal act) all the rest are sh!t"

That's so true! laughing
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Interesting responses to this post on blabbermouth.   Interesting responses to this post on blabbermouth. Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 4:44 pm

xyz wrote:
manny wrote:

That's so true! laughing

Yes it is - I don't read the comments at all anymore because they are annoying!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Interesting responses to this post on blabbermouth.   Interesting responses to this post on blabbermouth. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Interesting responses to this post on blabbermouth.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next