Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions

Go down 
+3
Lari
Required Fields
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions   2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 10:36 am

Lari wrote:
The worst call in the history of NHL hockey as Hjalmarsson scores the game winning goal for Chicago, but it gets waived off because Detroit's Kyle Quincey roughs up Chicago's Brandon Saad by the player benches. Absolute bullshit.

Luckily hockey gods show some mercy and the Hawks win in OT. Dave Bolland with a big hit sets up Brent Seabrook and he moves up to win it for Chicago.

Now I can die.

The call was made before the goal. Just like the Kings were robbed of a goal in game six when Penner scored but the ref prematurely blew the whistle as the puck slid into the net. That's part of the game.

GO KINGS GO!

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions   2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 10:45 am

I loathe the Pens! If the Kings lose this round and the Pens win, I will be cheering for the Hawks. (Though I still detest their goal song, the worst goal song ever IMO!)

GO KINGS GO!

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions   2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 12:47 pm

Man, that 'hawks/wings series had some of the worst calls throughout. Is it me or is officiating in all sports getting worse? Anyways, go 'hawks.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions   2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 1:00 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
Man, that 'hawks/wings series had some of the worst calls throughout. Is it me or is officiating in all sports getting worse? Anyways, go 'hawks.

The calls weren't any worse in that series than the Kings/Sharks series. I watched them both. I mean, c'mon the Kings were put on a 5 on 3 penalty kill in OT in game 3 and the first call was about as soft as they come. Penner's goal called off because the ref blew the whistle prematurely as it slid into the goal. I think the NHL needs to adopt a rule like the NFL where you can have calls reviewed and overturned. If the call stands, you lose your time out. Some of these lame calls have affected the outcome of games. Can you imagine what could have happened if the Wings would have won in OT last night? Those fans would have destroyed that place after that last goal was called off.

BTW, the Blackhawks have the WORST and most annoying goal song of any team in the NHL. I hope Quick shuts 'em out just so I don't have to hear that ridiculous chant.

Duh-da-da-duh Da-du-duh Da-du-du. Stupid!

GO KINGS GO!

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ShadowAngel

Number of posts : 445

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions   2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 6:34 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:

Refs are humans, they make mistakes and they all make mistakes from time to time, it's the same all around the world.
I say as long as a referee doesn't show signs to hate one team (like Dan O'Halloran and his Detroit hate because of his past) it's all good.
The series had some bad calls. Like the Franzen hit, should've been a boarding penalty, it led to a Chicago Goal. Afterwards the Refs blowed off a Chicago Goal, a make up call. There were some things on both teams that could've led to a penalty and were ignored. If anything it was a rough battled series between two teams who heated each other. It felt like a real rivalry, like we have here in europe between football teams, battling to the end.
Though i say that the final Chicago Goal shouldn't have happened because Nyquist went into the boards, it was a penalty. But i don't complain, if you're 3:1 up, you kill 'em and Detroit blew 2 chances.

I just hope that neither Chicago nor the Pinguins get the Cup, i'm rooting for the Bruins
Back to top Go down
http://www.kingdomofdesire.de
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6335

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions   2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 8:52 pm

Hawks take Game One in Chicago against the Kings, 2-1. They were not intimidated by the tough physical play of the Kings, and matched them hit for hit. And then just outplayed them. Kings only managed 22 shots on goal.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions   2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 7:04 pm

They were ready for that one, good game plan. Bruins are the surprise so far if you ask me.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions   2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 10:21 pm

Hawks dismantling the Kings second night in a row. 3-0 good guys about halfway through.

EDIT: make that 4-0 and Quick is chased. NOW we are halfway through.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions   2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 12:40 am

2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions - Page 2 25679 Keep it up 'hawks.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions   2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 11:26 am

GO KINGS GO! It's not over yet.

I think it was unfair of the league to force the Kings to play two games in a row on the road. Why the Kings/Hawks and not the Pens/Boston? Players are fatigued from both teams when they play that hard without the proper rest and it's especially hard when you are on the road.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28436

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions   2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 11:18 pm

I think it would have been better just to not have either team play two nights in a row at this point, considering we're in the Conference Finals at this point.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions   2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 12:31 pm

Pens are getting their butts handed to them. I'm quietly loving it at home. (My wife is a big Pens fan.) I'm no fan of Boston, but I'd cheer for dog crap before I'd cheer for the Pens.

Kings/Blackhaws Game 3 tonight. GO KINGS GO!

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions   2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 1:02 pm

Who woulda thunk Boston could keep the Pens down like that? Even for two games.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions   2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2013 12:24 pm

Kings keep the flame alive with a 3 - 1 victory last night. GO KINGS GO!

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39559

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions   2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2013 12:34 pm

Nice to see the Kings get a victory. Hopefully it's the Pens turn tonight.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions   2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2013 11:21 am

Nice! Another Pens loss. The NHL posterboys are going down!

Kings at home again tonight. GO KINGS GO!

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions   2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2013 12:34 pm

I enjoy Pitt losing and I sort of like the Bruins so this is fine.

Go 'hawks.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39559

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions   2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2013 2:53 pm

Not looking good for the Pens. Rask has been phenomenal in goal for the Bruins.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions   2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2013 1:10 am

Kings down 1-3.

Looks like an original 6 final. The first one since... 1979?
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions   2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2013 1:15 am

Has it been that long? Hossaaaaaaaaaaaaaa......
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions   2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2013 11:06 am

If it ends up Boston vs. Chicago. Well, I don't really care who wins. I don't like or hate either team enough to care.

If by some miracle it ends up Pittsburgh vs. Chicago. I'll be cheering for Chicago.

Of course I'm still hoping in the Kings can pull out a miracle. GO KINGS GO!

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions   2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2013 11:41 pm

My Pens are out. Sad

The highlight of the night was seeing my mom's reaction to Don Cherry after the first intermission.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions   2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2013 11:46 pm

Jarome Iginla just might be second guessing his decision to go to Pittsburgh instead of Boston.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions   2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 11:32 am

Here's the Don Cherry segment after the first intermission that I was referring to:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions   2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2