Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions

Go down 
+3
Lari
Required Fields
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28436

2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions Empty
PostSubject: 2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions   2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions Icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 7:07 pm

EASTERN CONFERENCE

Pittsburgh Penguins [1] vs. Ottawa Senators [7]
The Pittsburgh Penguins were expected to breeze through the opening round of the playoffs against the New York Islanders. Many expected a four game sweep, with some critics even joking they'd win in three. But the Islanders pushed the Penguins hard, and it took six games for the Penguins to eliminate the Islanders. Ottawa easily supplanted Montréal in five games, largely due to the return of Erik Karlsson. The Senators are hoping for a return from Jason Spezza to increase the likelihood of advancing beyond the second round. Whether or not the Senators can shut down the offensive firepower of the Penguins remains to be seen, however.
Prediction: Pittsburgh in seven games.

Boston Bruins [4] vs. New York Rangers [6]
Boston are hot off of a miraculous comeback in the seventh game of their first round matchup against Toronto. The Bruins were down 4-2 with less than a minute and a half to go in the third period before scoring two goals to put the game in overtime, where they won the game and the series. The Rangers defeated the Washington Capitals in the playoffs for the second straight season (last season, they eliminated the Capitals in the second round as opposed to the first). The Bruins and Rangers face each other in the playoffs for the first time since 1972-73, when the Rangers in five games in the quarterfinals.
Prediction: Boston in six games.

WESTERN CONFERENCE

Chicago Blackhawks [1] vs. Detroit Red Wings [7]
Detroit advanced to the second round of the playoffs for the first time in three years following an upset of the Anaheim Ducks in the opening round. They face the regular season's top team, the Chicago Blackhawks in the second round. This will likely be the last time Chicago and Detroit play each other in many years, due to the NHL's realignment that will start during the 2013-14 NHL season.
Prediction: Chicago in five games.

Los Angeles Kings [5] vs. San Jose Sharks [6]
Two California based teams go head to head for the second time in three years. In 2011, the Sharks won against the Kings in the opening round of the playoffs. Both teams have a starting goaltender with a Stanley Cup win. Sharks goaltender Antti Niemi won the Stanley Cup in 2010 with the Chicago Blackhawks. Last season, Los Angeles goaltender Jonathan Quick helped the Kings win their first Stanley Cup ever.
Prediction: San Jose in seven games.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39559

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions   2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions Icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 9:04 pm

Oops. Made my predictions in the other thread...
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6335

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions   2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions Icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 9:34 pm

I also posted in the other thread.

To summarize:

Sharks in 6
Hawks in 5
Penguins in 7
Rangers in 4

Sens @ Pens is already on. 3-1 Pittsburgh after two periods.

Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions   2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 1:10 pm

Glad to see the confidence you guys have in the Hawks but I have to give the Wings two wins.
I think the Pens do it in 6 too, Crosby is back.
Rangers in 6. Boston depends on their goalie too much.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions   2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions Icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 4:00 pm

Hawks lead the Wings 1-0, Bruins lead the Rangers 1-0. Kings are up 2-0 against the Sharks. A tough loss for the Sharks in the second game. Vlasic shoots the puck over the glass two minutes before the end of the game and a 3-2 lead turns into a 3-4 loss.

Penguins are up 1-0 against the Sens and game two starts in about 3,5 hours.

RIght now it looks to be building up to a Pens & Bruins East final and Blackhawks & Kings West final. Coincidentally those four teams are also the winners of the last four Stanley Cups.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions   2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions Icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 6:10 pm

Lari wrote:
I also posted in the other thread.

To summarize:

Sharks in 6
Hawks in 5
Penguins in 7
Rangers in 4

Sens @ Pens is already on. 3-1 Pittsburgh after two periods.

GO SHARKS!!!! GO BRUINS!!!
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions   2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions Icon_minitimeSun May 19, 2013 8:44 pm

Flippin' Hawks. Man I hate the Wings.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions   2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions Icon_minitimeSun May 19, 2013 10:21 pm

Wow. Ottawa just scored with less than a half a minute to go to force overtime in Game 3!
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions   2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions Icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2013 10:17 am

Dark Horseman wrote:
Man I hate the Wings.
amen
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions   2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions Icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2013 10:38 am

What a gutsy performance by Anderson and the Sens. I'm telling you...Malkin is the best player I've seen in a decade. He does amazing things almost every time he's out there. Lucic = STUD!!
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions   2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions Icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2013 11:38 am

Required Fields wrote:
Wow. Ottawa just scored with less than a half a minute to go to force overtime in Game 3!

Yeah.....that was a kick in the gut. Better luck for the Pens on Wednesday.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions   2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions Icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 9:52 am

SHARKS TIE IT UP!
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions   2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions Icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 10:05 am

T-Roy wrote:
SHARKS TIE IT UP!

I actually picked them in 6, I believe. Didn't look too good at the beginning but now ... we'll see.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions   2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions Icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 11:35 am

What got into Boston?
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions   2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions Icon_minitimeSat May 25, 2013 12:34 am

Pittsburgh advanced to the Eastern Conference Finals tonight after defeating the Ottawa Senators 6-2 in the fifth game of the series!
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions   2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions Icon_minitimeSat May 25, 2013 11:06 am

Nice job by the Pens. Took care of business and now onto the next round against the Bruins, more than likely.

2 more big games today with the Bruins/Rangers and Blackhawks/Red Wings (who are surprising everybody by dominating Chicago).
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions   2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions Icon_minitimeSat May 25, 2013 12:26 pm

I'm not really surprised, Detroit does this to the 'hawks in the playoffs.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions   2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions Icon_minitimeSat May 25, 2013 11:12 pm

Boston eliminates the Rangers and this sets up a delicious Eastern conference final series between the Bruins and the Penguins.

It's the two best teams in the East, also the last two cup champions to come out of east. They have the underlying season-long arms race between the two teams, the "confirmed" Iginla to Boston deal, , the "traitor" Jaromir Jagr... should be great hockey, too. I can't wait.

In the West, the Hawks are on the ropes but pull out a nice win tonight to make it 2-3 against Detroit. I like the Hawks' odds in a possible game seven, so I think the next game is the deciding one.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions   2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions Icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 11:51 am

Iffy call in that 'hawks Wings game? Seems to be how the series is going.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions   2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions Icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 1:09 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
Iffy call in that 'hawks Wings game? Seems to be how the series is going.

I didn't see the play in question but have been reading a lot of complaining about it. The only thing I can say about it is block the penalty shot and the call is out the window. Regardless, this has been a great series between the rivals.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions   2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions Icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 4:28 pm

It has, and technically I think they made the right call. Detroit is kind of whiny.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions   2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions Icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 7:07 pm

Nothing iffy about that penalty shot. Frolik was clear of the D, only a blatant slash to the fingers prevented him from getting a shot off.

If anything, the refs not calling interference helped the Wings a lot. With regular season rules, the Hawks should have had about 17 minutes of PP in that first period alone. It was constant and intentional.

Both series' in the West are going the distance. The California teams duke it out tonight, and tomorrow night it's the epic Original Six Midwest rivalry battle to end all battles!
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions   2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions Icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 11:59 am

L.A. is a Wings fan tonight. Can't win on the road.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions   2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions Icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 11:20 pm

What a strange seventh game that was in the Chicago/Detroit series.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions   2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions Icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 1:19 am

The worst call in the history of NHL hockey as Hjalmarsson scores the game winning goal for Chicago, but it gets waived off because Detroit's Kyle Quincey roughs up Chicago's Brandon Saad by the player benches. Absolute bullshit.

Luckily hockey gods show some mercy and the Hawks win in OT. Dave Bolland with a big hit sets up Brent Seabrook and he moves up to win it for Chicago.

Now I can die.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions   2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs: Second round predictions
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next