Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

NLTM May '13 Update

Go down 
+4
Required Fields
MetalGuy71
ultmetal
8 posters
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

NLTM May '13 Update Empty
PostSubject: NLTM May '13 Update   NLTM May '13 Update Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 9:59 am

NLTM May '13 Update
http://nolifetilmetal.com/updates.htm

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: NLTM May '13 Update   NLTM May '13 Update Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 10:28 am

I've enjoyed reading the reviews of ever-expanding collection of Joan Jett records. I've always thought of her as a "greatest hits are all you need" kind of artist, but I'm starting to re-think that stance. Nice work.

I caught a typo from an old review the other day, but darned if I can remember what it was now.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28447

PostSubject: Re: NLTM May '13 Update   NLTM May '13 Update Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 10:43 am

Hey, Scott, check your private messages.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39597

PostSubject: Re: NLTM May '13 Update   NLTM May '13 Update Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 10:43 am

Nice to see you got another Tankard album. A seriously underrated band.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: NLTM May '13 Update   NLTM May '13 Update Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 11:08 am

Preservatives, we don't comply!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: NLTM May '13 Update   NLTM May '13 Update Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 11:18 am

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:

Huh? surprised

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: NLTM May '13 Update   NLTM May '13 Update Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 12:27 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Orion Crystal Ice wrote:

Huh? surprised

"We Still Drink The Old Ways" from that Tankard album. headbanger
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: NLTM May '13 Update   NLTM May '13 Update Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 12:38 pm

Oh, sorry. Went right over my head.

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: NLTM May '13 Update   NLTM May '13 Update Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 12:41 pm

Next update I hope to have reviews for
Immortal - Sons of Northern Darkness
Coheed & Cambria - The Afterman: Decension
Ted Kirkpatrick - Ode to Roadkill
Edguy - Burning Down the Opera Live

and whatever else comes across my path. Hope to snag a copy of the new Deep Purple soon.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: NLTM May '13 Update   NLTM May '13 Update Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 1:24 pm

Cool! I should send you the new Helloween album.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: NLTM May '13 Update   NLTM May '13 Update Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 4:51 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I've enjoyed reading the reviews of ever-expanding collection of Joan Jett records. I've always thought of her as a "greatest hits are all you need" kind of artist, but I'm starting to re-think that stance. Nice work.
I've been meaning to add some Joan Jett to my collection for a long time now. I've long felt that I'd enjoy most of her work, but I've never pulled the trigger. Not sure why.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: NLTM May '13 Update   NLTM May '13 Update Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 4:55 pm

Eyesore wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
I've been meaning to add some Joan Jett to my collection for a long time now. I've long felt that I'd enjoy most of her work, but I've never pulled the trigger. Not sure why.

I had a few tapes and a cd or 2 over the years, but I jettisoned them all save for the Greatest Hits. I think I still have a 45 vinyl of 'I Love Rock n Roll' though. Cool

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: NLTM May '13 Update   NLTM May '13 Update Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 6:48 pm

Eyesore wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

I've been really enjoying her catalog. She's like Motorhead, AC/DC, the Ramones, etc. in that she evolved but never really strayed from her sound either.

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: NLTM May '13 Update   NLTM May '13 Update Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 6:49 pm

BTW, thanks to Vexer6 for the hookup on the Joan Jett CDs. headbanger

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: NLTM May '13 Update   NLTM May '13 Update Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 6:49 pm

kmorg wrote:
Cool! I should send you the new Helloween album.

I still need that one. So many CDs, so little money to buy them all. Crying or Very sad

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: NLTM May '13 Update   NLTM May '13 Update Icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 10:18 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I caught a typo from an old review the other day, but darned if I can remember what it was now.

I found it. Check your review for White Lion's Fight to Survive. There's a couple of typos and strange wording in the 2nd and 3rd paragraphs.

http://www.nolifetilmetal.com/whitelion.html

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: NLTM May '13 Update   NLTM May '13 Update Icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 10:28 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

I found it. Check your review for White Lion's Fight to Survive. There's a couple of typos and strange wording in the 2nd and 3rd paragraphs.

This made me remember White Lion and I went back and read all the reviews! Well said on all.

This though...made me bust out laughing in my office:
"That song is followed up by one of the band's sappiest, most-sickening radio love ballads "Broken Heart""
tr00
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: NLTM May '13 Update   NLTM May '13 Update Icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 5:58 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Thanks. headbanger

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: NLTM May '13 Update   NLTM May '13 Update Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 9:56 am

Saw this in the Heretic section, from the Torture Knows No Boundary review...

"...a song also recoarded by Samson and Bruce Dickinson."

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: NLTM May '13 Update   NLTM May '13 Update Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 10:21 am

Thanks MetalGuy

PostSubject: Re: NLTM May '13 Update   NLTM May '13 Update Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NLTM May '13 Update
Page 1 of 1