Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

NLTM Nov. '11 Update

Go down 
+13
MetalGuy71
manny
Troublezone
The_Jayroh
Gilbert
Sutekh
Eyesore
Required Fields
TheGreatDuck
metalinmyveins
BillRoxx
kmorg
ultmetal
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

NLTM Nov. '11 Update Empty
PostSubject: NLTM Nov. '11 Update   NLTM Nov. '11 Update Icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2011 10:01 pm

NLTM Nov. '11 Update
http://www.nolifetilmetal.com/updates.htm
http://www.nolifetilmetal.com/

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: NLTM Nov. '11 Update   NLTM Nov. '11 Update Icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2011 6:34 am

very happy

Metal master
Metal master
BillRoxx

Number of posts : 976

PostSubject: Re: NLTM Nov. '11 Update   NLTM Nov. '11 Update Icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2011 10:19 am

Love your updates! Somehow I missed those Y&T comps!

Just now picked them both up as a result, thank you!
Back to top Go down
http://www.roxxproductions.com
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: NLTM Nov. '11 Update   NLTM Nov. '11 Update Icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2011 11:58 am

Ult, Heavy Pettin were from Scotland, not England...

"Originally released on Polydor Records, "Rock Ain't Dead" was the second album from England's Heavy Pettin"
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: NLTM Nov. '11 Update   NLTM Nov. '11 Update Icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2011 12:11 pm

metalinmyveins wrote:
Ult, Heavy Pettin were from Scotland, not England...

"Originally released on Polydor Records, "Rock Ain't Dead" was the second album from England's Heavy Pettin"

Thanks. headbanger

Always thought they were an English band.

Metal master
Metal master
TheGreatDuck

Number of posts : 648

PostSubject: Re: NLTM Nov. '11 Update   NLTM Nov. '11 Update Icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2011 1:24 pm

The newly added bands are missing from the index, ult.

Anyway, will you get any Tony Macalpine or Vinnie Moore albums?

EDIT: Also, check the latest Extreme album, Saudades De Rock. Usually, I'm not really excited about new albums from older bands, but I'm listening to some songs off that album right now and they seem to be quite good funky hard rock.

Last edited by TheGreatDuck on Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28447

PostSubject: Re: NLTM Nov. '11 Update   NLTM Nov. '11 Update Icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2011 1:30 pm

Just wondering, Scott. Did you get around to hearing the Stygian Sky demo I sent you over the summer? I was wondering what you thought of it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: NLTM Nov. '11 Update   NLTM Nov. '11 Update Icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2011 3:07 pm

Required Fields wrote:
Just wondering, Scott. Did you get around to hearing the Stygian Sky demo I sent you over the summer? I was wondering what you thought of it.

Yes, it's still sitting at my house with a pile of CDs to review. I haven't been to my house in months. Hoping to get there soon and pick up some of those.

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: NLTM Nov. '11 Update   NLTM Nov. '11 Update Icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2011 3:12 pm

TheGreatDuck wrote:

EDIT: Also, check the latest Extreme album, Saudades De Rock. Usually, I'm not really excited about new albums from older bands, but I'm listening to some songs off that album right now and they seem to be quite good funky hard rock.

Can you hit a refresh and double check. They should be there.

Didn't even know Extreme had a new CD.

Metal master
Metal master
TheGreatDuck

Number of posts : 648

PostSubject: Re: NLTM Nov. '11 Update   NLTM Nov. '11 Update Icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2011 3:24 pm

Well, it's from 2008, so it isn't exactly new.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: NLTM Nov. '11 Update   NLTM Nov. '11 Update Icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2011 3:24 pm

ultmetal wrote:
TheGreatDuck wrote:

Can you hit a refresh and double check. They should be there.

Didn't even know Extreme had a new CD.
It's not quite new at this point. It came out like two years ago, maybe three. Very good album, though.

You should check out Hurtsmile, though, if you dig Extreme. That album is fantastic!

And I love this song!

Pisses me off that so many musicians and famous cats defend the man who murdered this guy! It's awesome to hear a band sing about the real victim.
Back to top Go down
Sutekh
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: NLTM Nov. '11 Update   NLTM Nov. '11 Update Icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2011 11:27 pm

Always cool to read the updates. I'm going to be pedantic, but here's a few minor points:

Welcome 2 My Nightmare, you have 'like' on the third line of the first paragraph (should be 'liked'). 'Purposely' (third para, first line) should be 'purposefully'.

Saint -The Originals, you have 'Vicars of Fear' on the tracklisting, should be 'Vicars of Fate'. The second album is 'Time's End' , not 'Times End'. The last sentence of para one has 'band's', should be 'bands'.

I'll be a grammar Nazi on some more a little later! Razz
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: NLTM Nov. '11 Update   NLTM Nov. '11 Update Icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2011 12:00 am

Sutekh wrote:
Always cool to read the updates. I'm going to be pedantic, but here's a few minor points:

Welcome 2 My Nightmare, you have 'like' on the third line of the first paragraph (should be 'liked'). 'Purposely' (third para, first line) should be 'purposefully'.

Saint -The Originals, you have 'Vicars of Fear' on the tracklisting, should be 'Vicars of Fate'. The second album is 'Time's End' , not 'Times End'. The last sentence of para one has 'band's', should be 'bands'.

Here are a few minor points.

Just saying... Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sutekh
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: NLTM Nov. '11 Update   NLTM Nov. '11 Update Icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2011 12:21 am

Eyesore wrote:
Sutekh wrote:

Here are a few minor points.

Just saying... Laughing

Laughing Thanks for picking that up. I stand corrected!
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9888

PostSubject: Re: NLTM Nov. '11 Update   NLTM Nov. '11 Update Icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2011 1:25 am

Made me wanna buy through the ashes of empires.

I'll do it next saturday afternoon.
Back to top Go down
The_Jayroh
Metal master
Metal master
The_Jayroh

Number of posts : 823

PostSubject: Re: NLTM Nov. '11 Update   NLTM Nov. '11 Update Icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2011 3:54 am

Gilbert wrote:

After hearing Imperium I did the same. The review is pretty spot on however.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1009170115&sk=info
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: NLTM Nov. '11 Update   NLTM Nov. '11 Update Icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2011 3:59 am

The_Jayroh wrote:
Gilbert wrote:

After hearing Imperium I did the same. The review is pretty spot on however.
Except for the nu-metal reference. lol!

I will say, though, that Flynn's vocals sounded so much better on Burn My Eyes and The More Things Change. On ever album since he's gone a more raw route, which I don't like as much. I mean, his vocals are CRUSHING on those first two albums. On the other albums, his voice sometimes grates on me.

I wish he go back to a smoother-sounding growl.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: NLTM Nov. '11 Update   NLTM Nov. '11 Update Icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2011 4:12 am

Quote :
I will say, though, that Flynn's vocals sounded so much better on Burn My Eyes and The More Things Change. On ever album since he's gone a more raw route, which I don't like as much. I mean, his vocals are CRUSHING on those first two albums. On the other albums, his voice sometimes grates on me.

I wish he go back to a smoother-sounding growl.

Same with Chuck Schuldiner on Death's Sound of Perserverance album.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: NLTM Nov. '11 Update   NLTM Nov. '11 Update Icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2011 5:28 am

Excellent job as usual
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: NLTM Nov. '11 Update   NLTM Nov. '11 Update Icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2011 10:22 am

Sutekh wrote:

Bring 'em on. I always need help proofing. Thanks. NLTM Nov. '11 Update 604261

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: NLTM Nov. '11 Update   NLTM Nov. '11 Update Icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2011 10:45 am

On Motley's Red White & Crue review...

Quote :
"Planet Boom" and "Bittersuite" are also Corabi-fronted songs, both fro the "Quaternary" EP.

'Planet Boom' was Tommy Lee on lead vocals, not Corabi and 'Bittersuite' was a Mick Mars instrumental piece, no vocals.

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: NLTM Nov. '11 Update   NLTM Nov. '11 Update Icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2011 10:47 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
On Motley's Red White & Crue review...

Quote :
"Planet Boom" and "Bittersuite" are also Corabi-fronted songs, both fro the "Quaternary" EP.

'Planet Boom' was Tommy Lee on lead vocals, not Corabi and 'Bittersuite' was a Mick Mars instrumental piece, no vocals.

So maybe Corabi-era songs would be better?

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: NLTM Nov. '11 Update   NLTM Nov. '11 Update Icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2011 11:00 am

Yea, that'll work. The way it's worded now sounds like Corabi sings on both tracks.

FYI, that pic you have of the Crue w/Tommy in a Flyers jersey was taken right outside of the Spectrum in Philly when they held a press conference for the Generation Swine album. After talking to the fans, they went inside to talk to the press. I was there and got my Too Fast for Love cd booklet signed by all the guys. I also got to stand around and tried to hold 2 very awkward conversations with Mick and Vince while other members of the press were busy talking to Nikki & Tommy. I tried my best to be cool and I'm sure I just came off as another douchey fan-boy. Razz

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: NLTM Nov. '11 Update   NLTM Nov. '11 Update Icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2011 11:51 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Yea, that'll work. The way it's worded now sounds like Corabi sings on both tracks.

FYI, that pic you have of the Crue w/Tommy in a Flyers jersey was taken right outside of the Spectrum in Philly when they held a press conference for the Generation Swine album. After talking to the fans, they went inside to talk to the press. I was there and got my Too Fast for Love cd booklet signed by all the guys. I also got to stand around and tried to hold 2 very awkward conversations with Mick and Vince while other members of the press were busy talking to Nikki & Tommy. I tried my best to be cool and I'm sure I just came off as another douchey fan-boy. Razz

Ahhhh, don't sweat it. That's awesome! It's just odd meeting long-time heroes like that. I was the same way when I met Ted Nugent the first time. His music was such a big part of my life for so many years, I almost felt like I knew him. But then standing before him in awe, you realize you don't know them at all and just want to ask silly fan questions. LOL! Man are we geeks! Razz

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: NLTM Nov. '11 Update   NLTM Nov. '11 Update Icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2011 2:35 pm

manny wrote:
Excellent job as usual

+1, and of course it's great to see Pentagram now on your reviews as well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NLTM Nov. '11 Update   NLTM Nov. '11 Update Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NLTM Nov. '11 Update
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: