Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Non-Metal singers you would like to hear sing metal.

Go down 
+12
TheGooch
Chairman_Smith
caniplaywithmadness?
krokus
GrandNational
Fat Freddy
mc666
Tall Tyrion
ultmetal
scottmitchell74
KissinMaiden
romeolimagolf
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
romeolimagolf
Metal student
Metal student
romeolimagolf

Number of posts : 204

Non-Metal singers you would like to hear sing metal. Empty
PostSubject: Non-Metal singers you would like to hear sing metal.   Non-Metal singers you would like to hear sing metal. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2007 9:54 pm

Self-explanatory. who are some singers from generes other than Metal who you think would be great metal singers.

As for me:

At the risk of getting laughed off of this board, I gotta say I would love to hear Christina Aguilera sing metal. I think she has a great voice, she just chooses to sing crap. Put her in a Within Temptation-type gothic metal band, and I think she would kick ass.
Back to top Go down
KissinMaiden
Metal master
Metal master
KissinMaiden

Number of posts : 688

PostSubject: Re: Non-Metal singers you would like to hear sing metal.   Non-Metal singers you would like to hear sing metal. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2007 9:59 pm

Amy Lee, she's hot...i love her w/o her make up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Non-Metal singers you would like to hear sing metal.   Non-Metal singers you would like to hear sing metal. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2007 10:02 pm

Christina Aguillera has an amazing voice. I hope someday she releases an album like something Sarah McLachlan would do. Can she play an instrument? Meh. She could do a symphonic metal album for sure. That would actually be pretty cool.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Non-Metal singers you would like to hear sing metal.   Non-Metal singers you would like to hear sing metal. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2007 10:38 pm

That would be cool...

Janet Jackson gave us a tease with Black Cat...I'd like to hear her really try and seriously do metal....

Delores O'Riordan (SP?) would make a unique Folk-Metal or Viking metal singer!

Lionel Ritchie - He's done Funk, Pop, even Country-Cross over....why not metal??

John Popper - (Blues Traveler) Unique voice I'd like to hear in metal.....

Tina Turner!!!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Non-Metal singers you would like to hear sing metal.   Non-Metal singers you would like to hear sing metal. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2007 10:51 pm

Jon Anderson (Yes)

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Non-Metal singers you would like to hear sing metal.   Non-Metal singers you would like to hear sing metal. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2007 11:39 pm

Tom Cochrane
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Non-Metal singers you would like to hear sing metal.   Non-Metal singers you would like to hear sing metal. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2007 12:02 am

Steve Perry. i always thought he would have sounded great atop some Sabbath type material.

PostSubject: Re: Non-Metal singers you would like to hear sing metal.   Non-Metal singers you would like to hear sing metal. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2007 1:05 am

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Lionel Ritchie - He's done Funk, Pop, even Country-Cross over....why not metal??
He covered "Brick House" with Rob Zombie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4fBo4ZKMLM

Pretty cool up until when the retarded chick had to get all ghetto retarded with her lyrics.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Non-Metal singers you would like to hear sing metal.   Non-Metal singers you would like to hear sing metal. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2007 8:19 am

Peter Criss (He has an amazing voice)
Back to top Go down
romeolimagolf
Metal student
Metal student
romeolimagolf

Number of posts : 204

PostSubject: Re: Non-Metal singers you would like to hear sing metal.   Non-Metal singers you would like to hear sing metal. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2007 8:37 am

Kelly Clarkson is another singer with a great voice who could do metal if she wanted to. She is apparently a metal fan too, judging from the video of her on youtube, drunk at a metal concert, jumpimg on stage and singing Guns 'n' Roses.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: Non-Metal singers you would like to hear sing metal.   Non-Metal singers you would like to hear sing metal. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2007 9:14 am

Carrie Underwood did a pretty cool rendition of Skid Row's "I Remember You" at a concert some time ago (it's on YouTube somewhere, don't have the link handy right now)... and she did a pretty killer rendition of Heart's "Alone" when she was on "Idol"
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Non-Metal singers you would like to hear sing metal.   Non-Metal singers you would like to hear sing metal. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2007 2:02 pm

Bono from U2 might sound cool. "Bullet the Blue Sky" has heavy overtones and sounds great with his vocals.

When Paul McCartney was young, he did some great vocals on "Helter Skelter." Use that type of singing in an all metal format, and it might have been interesting.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Non-Metal singers you would like to hear sing metal.   Non-Metal singers you would like to hear sing metal. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2007 3:09 pm

Good call on Paul McCartney!
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Non-Metal singers you would like to hear sing metal.   Non-Metal singers you would like to hear sing metal. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2007 3:18 pm

I would not like to hear nonmetal people sing metal to be honest. We have enough great singers with a big metal heart and thats the most important thing, not the quality of his/her voice only, also its important the passion and feeling of a true metal singer and that would be hard to do for a false metal head or non metal people.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Non-Metal singers you would like to hear sing metal.   Non-Metal singers you would like to hear sing metal. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2007 3:57 pm

AceFrehley655 wrote:

Baby Driver and Rock Bottom may be the closest you will get.
Back to top Go down
caniplaywithmadness?
Metal master
Metal master
caniplaywithmadness?

Number of posts : 515

PostSubject: Re: Non-Metal singers you would like to hear sing metal.   Non-Metal singers you would like to hear sing metal. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2007 5:22 pm

james hetfield
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Non-Metal singers you would like to hear sing metal.   Non-Metal singers you would like to hear sing metal. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2007 7:02 pm

Christina Aguilera is horrible...she couldn't sing real metal let alone survive in metal circles.She probably does play a mean skinflute.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Non-Metal singers you would like to hear sing metal.   Non-Metal singers you would like to hear sing metal. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2007 7:03 pm

IronAge wrote:
Christina Aguilera is horrible...she couldn't sing real metal let alone survive in metal circles.She probably does play a mean skinflute.
Are you crazy? Her voice is awesome! Her music is crap, but they're to separate things.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Non-Metal singers you would like to hear sing metal.   Non-Metal singers you would like to hear sing metal. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2007 7:04 pm

caniplaywithmadness? wrote:
james hetfield
http://www.roadrun.com/blabbermouth.net

Fat Freddy wrote:
Carrie Underwood did a pretty cool rendition of Skid Row's "I Remember You" at a concert some time ago (it's on YouTube somewhere, don't have the link handy right now)... and she did a pretty killer rendition of Heart's "Alone" when she was on "Idol"
She seemed out of her element, though. Very good singer, but I wasn't buying it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Non-Metal singers you would like to hear sing metal.   Non-Metal singers you would like to hear sing metal. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2007 7:10 pm

ultmetal wrote:
AceFrehley655 wrote:

Baby Driver and Rock Bottom may be the closest you will get.

I guess...

Quote :
Are you crazy? Her voice is awesome! Her music is crap, but they're to separate things.

Yeah her voice is just awesome...!

Quote :
Paul McCartney

f****** AWESOME...! Helter Skeleter is an awesome masterpiece.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Non-Metal singers you would like to hear sing metal.   Non-Metal singers you would like to hear sing metal. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2007 8:34 pm

...it takes a certain attitude,a special something if you will-to belt out heavy metal vocals.If you think she has an "amazing" voice more power to ya-but believe me theres alot more to it.She could try to fake it i guess but not in front of a metal audience.Often times no matter how well off you are in one area,it doesn't always translate to success in another....Id bet you the farm that she'd be totally out of her element.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Non-Metal singers you would like to hear sing metal.   Non-Metal singers you would like to hear sing metal. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2007 9:20 pm

IronAge wrote:
...it takes a certain attitude,a special something if you will-to belt out heavy metal vocals.If you think she has an "amazing" voice more power to ya-but believe me theres alot more to it.She could try to fake it i guess but not in front of a metal audience.Often times no matter how well off you are in one area,it doesn't always translate to success in another....Id bet you the farm that she'd be totally out of her element.
Well, we're not really discussing the relevance of whether or not she could do it. Her voice is amazing, and I personally don't think anyone can dispute that. But regardless, this whole thread is hypothetical, it's not really about whether they couldn't do it, only if they could.
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: Non-Metal singers you would like to hear sing metal.   Non-Metal singers you would like to hear sing metal. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2007 7:37 am

Roger Waters/David Gilmour
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Non-Metal singers you would like to hear sing metal.   Non-Metal singers you would like to hear sing metal. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2007 8:14 am

caniplaywithmadness? wrote:
james hetfield

angry how dare you say that!sick
Back to top Go down
novellahub
Metal student
Metal student
novellahub

Number of posts : 163

PostSubject: Re: Non-Metal singers you would like to hear sing metal.   Non-Metal singers you would like to hear sing metal. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2007 9:13 am

How about singers you did not want to hear? Pat Boone comes to mind with his metal album. His "Eye's Of Innocence" cover of Holy Soldier (Encore Album) is absolutely horrible. He sounds like a dying cow!
Back to top Go down
http://www.rchobbyhub.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Non-Metal singers you would like to hear sing metal.   Non-Metal singers you would like to hear sing metal. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Non-Metal singers you would like to hear sing metal.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next