Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The vinyl collecting thread...

Go down 
+41
the sentinel
Thelemech
Required Fields
Vexer6
Runicen
Lovecraft
exact33
exanimate
Locky
journeyman
choosemetal
manny
mikeinfla
stepcousin
corplhicks
MetalGuy71
Shawn Of Fire
mlotek
brokentulsa
A Handful of Wayne
JBall_Z
kropotkin
Boris2008
James B.
SpectreFate
thejokeriv
SwordsChains
Eyesore
Wargod
Fat Freddy
Wurthless
sovdat
DevZor
chewie
ZombieHavoc
Sutekh
Joe
ultmetal
Witchfinder
nevermore
jstate
45 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

The vinyl collecting thread... - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The vinyl collecting thread...   The vinyl collecting thread... - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2014 8:23 am

ultmetal wrote:
KISS - Psycho Circus (180 gram vinyl w/ picture sleeve/lenticular front cover)

Nice. I saw it at the mall but it was over $40. Crazy price to pay. In comparison they had Monster and Destroyer Resurrected for about $25. I walked away empty handed tho because I am a casual Kiss fan and more of a non-makeup era fan. Love Lick It Up & Animalize. I see the solo albums are up next for release. Collecting Kiss can get expensive!
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7613

PostSubject: Re: The vinyl collecting thread...   The vinyl collecting thread... - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2014 11:39 am

Excellent haul today at Jerry's Records:

Trash - Burnin' Rock - gold stamp promo
Van Halen - 1984 - still in shrink with hype stickers, looks unplayed with intact picture sleeve
Grand Prix - Samurai
Black Sabbath - We Sold Our Souls For Rock 'N' Roll - looks unplayed in amazing shape
Black Sabbath - Live Evil - looks unplayed in amazing shape
Black Sabbath - Heaven and Hell - looks unplayed in amazing shape - again

Here's the coolest/weirdest of the bunch:

Helix - Wild In The Streets - single, red vinyl(!), promo in clear sleeve!  So weird, yet so cool.

[img]The vinyl collecting thread... - Page 19 UwSQKz0[/img]
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: The vinyl collecting thread...   The vinyl collecting thread... - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 8:54 pm

Cheap Trick - Samuri Rock Band (bootleg)
Gary Numan - Telekon (w/ picture sleeve)

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: The vinyl collecting thread...   The vinyl collecting thread... - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 1:12 pm

Anyone wondering about the Queen vinyl... Strange, but Amazon keeps jackin' the price anywhere from 7.99, 17.98, 24.98... I noticed today it is back at 7.99.

try here

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_1_23?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=queen%20news%20of%20the%20world%20vinyl&sprefix=queen+news+of+the+world%2Caps%2C245

or here

http://www.amazon.com/News-World-Vinyl-Queen/dp/B002E2M3KM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1401988322&sr=8-1&keywords=queen+news+of+the+world+vinyl
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: The vinyl collecting thread...   The vinyl collecting thread... - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 1:14 pm

Here it is on 180 gram. The crappy program I used only allowed me to record 30 seconds (i didn't know it would do that). I have since figured out how to add the actual audio back in using Windows Media Whatever.. Meaning I record it via USB then just plug it into the video using Media Editor (whichever program is used for videos)..... So anyway, here it is, at least 30 seconds of it.

Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: The vinyl collecting thread...   The vinyl collecting thread... - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 1:48 pm

mikeinfla wrote:
Anyone wondering about the Queen vinyl... Strange, but Amazon keeps jackin' the price anywhere from 7.99, 17.98, 24.98... I noticed today it is back at 7.99.

try here

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_1_23?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=queen%20news%20of%20the%20world%20vinyl&sprefix=queen+news+of+the+world%2Caps%2C245

or here

http://www.amazon.com/News-World-Vinyl-Queen/dp/B002E2M3KM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1401988322&sr=8-1&keywords=queen+news+of+the+world+vinyl

Thanks for the heads up Mike! I just ordered it - can't pass up that deal.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: The vinyl collecting thread...   The vinyl collecting thread... - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 2:24 pm

So I assume it showed up for 7.99? Here's what is REALLY odd -- I brought it up on my desk top and it was 24.98.... Then I went and got my laptop and it brought it up for 7.99..... I wasn't logged in to Amazon on either computer at the time.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: The vinyl collecting thread...   The vinyl collecting thread... - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 2:41 pm

Oh and when I ordered Queen I also preordered the first 3 Zep albums so I got free shipping.... No Zep albums yet it keeps saying "preparing to ship" even tho my bank account already paid for them on Tues.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: The vinyl collecting thread...   The vinyl collecting thread... - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 2:51 pm

I got it for $7.99. I had checked a few days ago after your post and it was $17 or so.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: The vinyl collecting thread...   The vinyl collecting thread... - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 3:53 pm

Sorry to high jack this thread with News Of The World but I will clarify something, at least to my eyes and ears. Some of the reviews on Amazon state the cover art is lousy, pixilated, etc but it looks fine to me. Some complain the vinyl version sounds terrible but I thought it sounded pretty good. There wasn't even the slightest detection of inner-groove distortion at all. It's far from my favorite Queen album but man, what a STEAL brand new for 7.99 on 180 gram. Very nice to have the original insert with lyrics and a better, poly-lined sleeve for actual storage. Now if only A Day At The Races & Night At The Opera would be 7.99 I'd be set!
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: The vinyl collecting thread...   The vinyl collecting thread... - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2014 7:49 pm

Crazy! Now it is 19.90 and it is several hours later. What is UP with Amazom?? How ever if you go here:

News Of The World priced at God knows what

it is 19.90. However, if you look at "more buying choices" it is still just 7.99 on Amazon and you still get the free autorip.

Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: The vinyl collecting thread...   The vinyl collecting thread... - Page 19 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2014 12:53 am

Motley Crue..Theater of Pain (sealed 180 gram)
Ozzy..Diary of a madman 30th anniversary (sealed 180 gram)
Stryper...To Hell With The Devil (original cover)
Stray Cats..Stray Cats
Ozzy...Bark At The Moon (sealed)
Y&T...Open Fire
Saxon...Strong Arm Of The Law (Black Cover)
April Wine...First Glance
Alcatrazz...No Parole For Rock N Roll
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: The vinyl collecting thread...   The vinyl collecting thread... - Page 19 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2014 6:43 pm

Queen - News Of The World - 180 gram reissue, gatefold

Got it for $7.99 thanks to mikeinfla!
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: The vinyl collecting thread...   The vinyl collecting thread... - Page 19 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2014 7:41 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
Queen - News Of The World - 180 gram reissue, gatefold

Got it for $7.99 thanks to mikeinfla!

Youre welcome that's a steal! Still there today for 19.90 but just below it says "new from 7.99" and that is also Amazon. Don't know why the misleading pricing on it.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: The vinyl collecting thread...   The vinyl collecting thread... - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2014 8:14 pm

Picked up this cool 7" picture disc of Overdrive's 1980 demo tracks - "Overdrive" and "20th Century."

The vinyl collecting thread... - Page 19 MTN3AIx
The vinyl collecting thread... - Page 19 NRt8OrV
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: The vinyl collecting thread...   The vinyl collecting thread... - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2014 10:00 pm

That's a cool one.

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: The vinyl collecting thread...   The vinyl collecting thread... - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2014 8:15 am

Genesis - ...And Then There Were Three
Genesis - Duke

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: The vinyl collecting thread...   The vinyl collecting thread... - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2014 12:43 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Genesis - ...And Then There Were Three
Genesis - Duke

Love these two records, especially Duke. I never tire of it. It might be the last truly progressive rock record from Genesis, or arguably Abacab. Regardless, a brilliant album.

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: The vinyl collecting thread...   The vinyl collecting thread... - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2014 3:49 pm

High Spirits - High Spirits - 7" clear vinyl
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: The vinyl collecting thread...   The vinyl collecting thread... - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2014 3:54 pm

Some info for those who may be interested.

Battle Ruins is doing a second press of their LP, limited to 500 on red vinyl. In case you missed the first press. It's not in the store yet, and I'm not sure when it will be...but here's the label's store link:

http://rocknrolldisgracerecords.bigcartel.com/

And also, the singer's other band, Stone Dagger, their 7"s is available to order now. I'm not sure the number being pressed--but I assume it will sell out. I recently sold my cassette version for $60 on eBay. (whoops--nevermind, the record is already sold out. Ha. I didn't even order one!)
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: The vinyl collecting thread...   The vinyl collecting thread... - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2014 9:06 am

And some more vinyl info some of you may be interested in.

Magic Circle's pre-LP single (with a non-LP bonus track) has been reissued and limited to 500.

Another current traditional metal-styled band from dudes from hardcore bands called Eternal Champion has also released their first 7".

Both records can be bought here:
http://www.painkillerrecords.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=32
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: The vinyl collecting thread...   The vinyl collecting thread... - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 8:21 am

FINALLY came in the mail. Here they are before I pulled off the shrink wrap.

The vinyl collecting thread... - Page 19 June2014_004

The vinyl collecting thread... - Page 19 June2014_003

The vinyl collecting thread... - Page 19 June2014_002

Very true to the original packaging. No extras of any kind but I bought the regular remasters. They sound really good.

The vinyl collecting thread... - Page 19 June2014_005

The only difference I noticed was a Swan Song hologram on each album cover (on the back).

The vinyl collecting thread... - Page 19 June2014_006
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: The vinyl collecting thread...   The vinyl collecting thread... - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 4:14 pm

Does III have the turning wheel on the front cover?

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: The vinyl collecting thread...   The vinyl collecting thread... - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 5:41 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Does III have the turning wheel on the front cover?

Yes! Brought back a lot of memories and my kids got a kick out of it!
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: The vinyl collecting thread...   The vinyl collecting thread... - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 5:46 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The vinyl collecting thread...   The vinyl collecting thread... - Page 19 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The vinyl collecting thread...
Page 19 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next