Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The vinyl collecting thread...

Go down 
+41
the sentinel
Thelemech
Required Fields
Vexer6
Runicen
Lovecraft
exact33
exanimate
Locky
journeyman
choosemetal
manny
mikeinfla
stepcousin
corplhicks
MetalGuy71
Shawn Of Fire
mlotek
brokentulsa
A Handful of Wayne
JBall_Z
kropotkin
Boris2008
James B.
SpectreFate
thejokeriv
SwordsChains
Eyesore
Wargod
Fat Freddy
Wurthless
sovdat
DevZor
chewie
ZombieHavoc
Sutekh
Joe
ultmetal
Witchfinder
nevermore
jstate
45 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

The vinyl collecting thread... - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The vinyl collecting thread...   The vinyl collecting thread... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2013 6:32 am

Yeah! They boast 3 levels 180 feet deep! Like I said its a good thing they were closed!!
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7613

PostSubject: Re: The vinyl collecting thread...   The vinyl collecting thread... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2013 9:34 am

Mike,

Come to Pittsburgh and go here:

The vinyl collecting thread... - Page 10 About2

http://www.jerrysrecords.com/aboutus.htm

Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: The vinyl collecting thread...   The vinyl collecting thread... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2013 7:15 pm

This arrived in the mail today:

The vinyl collecting thread... - Page 10 20130710

180 Gram Vinyl - different master than the CD
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: The vinyl collecting thread...   The vinyl collecting thread... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2013 9:57 pm

Went to Lawrence Records today and saw this! Was pissed because it wasn't time to close!

The vinyl collecting thread... - Page 10 E9vt

Who knows I might be in Pitt someday. I'm a member of the United Steelworkers and am on business now in Nashville. Next year we come your way so I might actually be able to make it!
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: The vinyl collecting thread...   The vinyl collecting thread... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2013 10:07 pm

mikeinfla wrote:
Went to Lawrence Records today and saw this! Was pissed because it wasn't time to close!

The vinyl collecting thread... - Page 10 E9vt

Who knows I might be in Pitt someday. I'm a member of the United Steelworkers and am on business now in Nashville. Next year we come your way so I might actually be able to make it!

Sweet! Jerry's Records is unbelievable and I live five minutes from it.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: The vinyl collecting thread...   The vinyl collecting thread... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2013 11:27 pm

So I take it you spend a lot of free time there? Glad there isn't one 5 min from my house because I'd spend my whole paycheck there. In Panama City we only have FYE in the mall and they have a very small vinyl section. I'd be surprised if they have 150 albums total. This store is next door to Lawrence Records but they only have country vinyl.

The vinyl collecting thread... - Page 10 Ulkx
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: The vinyl collecting thread...   The vinyl collecting thread... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2013 11:34 pm

mikeinfla wrote:
So I take it you spend a lot of free time there? Glad there isn't one 5 min from my house because I'd spend my whole paycheck there. In Panama City we only have FYE in the mall and they have a very small vinyl section. I'd be surprised if they have 150 albums total. This store is next door to Lawrence Records but they only have country vinyl.

The vinyl collecting thread... - Page 10 Ulkx

I usually go over on Saturday mornings because that's when they put out the new arrivals. Jerry's only sells used records and most of their records are $4-5. $50 will get you a really nice haul.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: The vinyl collecting thread...   The vinyl collecting thread... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2013 11:38 pm

Tomorrow my last day in Nashville and ill try Lawrence Records one more time. If I don't make it this time then it wasn't meant to happen. Which is ok because I might look a little odd carrying vinyl on the plane back home.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The vinyl collecting thread...   The vinyl collecting thread... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 12:39 am

Relapse are deluxe vinyl reissues of 3 High On Fire albums; Surrounded By Thieves, Blessed Black Wings and Death Is This Communion.

Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: The vinyl collecting thread...   The vinyl collecting thread... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 6:51 am

Grew up on Hendrix Crash Landing. I don't care at all about the Alan Douglas controversy. Just picked up a NM copy on eBay. Can't wait to here this again! I called my brother and asked him if he still had it and he said he has no clue where it is. So I picked it up and told him I'd make a digital copy since he can't find his vinyl version. I know these songs have been reissued and this album has been deleted. But I grew up on this and Midnight Lightning and want the. Both on vinyl!
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: The vinyl collecting thread...   The vinyl collecting thread... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 8:32 am

I might have to see about getting those High On Fire albums. I don't own any HoF but they seem like the sort of band that would be prime for having on vinyl.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: The vinyl collecting thread...   The vinyl collecting thread... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 10:04 pm

Went to FYE an traded cd's for some 180 gram Beatles vinyl. When we got home from the mall we had 3 packages waiting for us. A used copy of Rubber Soul in VG+, White Album (jacket was very poor condition but vinyl looks G), and a NM copy of Styx Paradise Theatre. Looks like that one has never been played. I love eBay!
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25900

PostSubject: Re: The vinyl collecting thread...   The vinyl collecting thread... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 2:51 pm

Slough Feg - Laser Enforcer 7"
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: The vinyl collecting thread...   The vinyl collecting thread... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 9:51 am

The vinyl collecting thread... - Page 10 945420_542393885826025_1213761124_n

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: The vinyl collecting thread...   The vinyl collecting thread... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 10:50 am

The vinyl collecting thread... - Page 10 Svqe
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: The vinyl collecting thread...   The vinyl collecting thread... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 12:25 pm

ultmetal wrote:
The vinyl collecting thread... - Page 10 945420_542393885826025_1213761124_n

My God...that is beautiful.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: The vinyl collecting thread...   The vinyl collecting thread... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 7:55 pm

Waited a LONG time to hear this one again!!

The vinyl collecting thread... - Page 10 L631
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: The vinyl collecting thread...   The vinyl collecting thread... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2013 12:27 pm

mikeinfla wrote:
Waited a LONG time to hear this one again!!

The vinyl collecting thread... - Page 10 L631

Nice.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: The vinyl collecting thread...   The vinyl collecting thread... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2013 12:45 pm

My older brother bought this brand new. I was 5 and he was 15. I remember being that young and listening to this record. I have not heard it in over 30 years. When we got our new turntable I called him and asked if he had Crash Landing. He said "no you have it". So we both went on eBay to bid on it, watching out so one of us would not get outbid. I eventually got it for 8.99 with free shipping. I played it last night and it sounds as awesome as I remember. I know Douglas takes a LOT of heat from Hendrix fans but I don't care. I simply love this album. When I was a kid I remember being creeped out by Capt. Coconut. I couldn't help but laugh when I heard it again last night for the first time in 30 years. Man I love out of print vinyl!!

Next up-- Midnight Lightning!! Can't wait to get that one too!
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: The vinyl collecting thread...   The vinyl collecting thread... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2013 1:39 pm

Prophecy are doing Alcest represses soo....

Alcest - BBC Live Session, Vinyl LP
Alcest - Le Secret, Vinyl Gatefold LP
Alcest - Souvenirs d'un autre monde, Vinyl Gatefold LP

Very Happy greedy Very Happy greedy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: The vinyl collecting thread...   The vinyl collecting thread... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 10:48 am

Boris2008 wrote:

would be nice if Alcest was affordable, anytime I have looked, anything by them is pretty expensive compared to other new releases
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: The vinyl collecting thread...   The vinyl collecting thread... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 5:59 pm

mlotek wrote:
Boris2008 wrote:

would be nice if Alcest was affordable, anytime I have looked, anything by them is pretty expensive compared to other new releases
These were pretty cheap, straight from the record label, a little under £50 for all three with free delivery, that's pretty good for the U.K.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The vinyl collecting thread...   The vinyl collecting thread... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 6:09 pm

I went to Amoeba on my birthday and had a list of about 10 newer LPs that I'm interested in getting. I didn't find a single one on my list and these were all records that were released in 2013. The downside to LPs coming back is that they never print enough of them and often records will go out-of-print within a few months of being released.

So these days if you don't order the LP almost immediately once it is released you can quickly miss out.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25900

PostSubject: Re: The vinyl collecting thread...   The vinyl collecting thread... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 10:28 am

Demon - The Unexpected Guest
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: The vinyl collecting thread...   The vinyl collecting thread... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 1:34 pm

At Dimple Records:
Accept - Accept (U.S. Passport version of I'm A Rebel)
Scorpions - Animal Magnetism
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The vinyl collecting thread...   The vinyl collecting thread... - Page 10 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The vinyl collecting thread...
Page 10 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next