Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Jake E Lee to return

Go down 
+5
James B.
Dark Horseman
Fat Freddy
tohostudios
manny
9 posters
AuthorMessage
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Jake E Lee to return Empty
PostSubject: Jake E Lee to return   Jake E Lee to return Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 5:16 pm

I thought there was already a thread on Jake E Lee's comeback, but I could not find it, well here is some additional news:

Canadian Juno Award winner Sass Jordan was recently in Las Vegas to record vocals for a song appearing on Jake E. Lee's upcoming solo album.

"Just back from Vegas and singing on Jake E. Lee's new record. The song is called Redeem Me, and it kicks ass," said Jordan. "There are a lot of amazing singers on his new CD, including Robin Zander from Cheap Trick and Maria Brink from In This Moment... It's gonna be killer! Jake was talking about loving Mick Ronson... the fact that I got to hang out with someone who gives Mick Ronson the respect he deserves was pretty cool."

Jake E. Lee is back after over a decade in seclusion and is in the process of recording his new album in Las Vegas' very hot Hideout Studios, a private recording studio run by Canadian producer Kevin Churko, Lee's new release will feature a combination of legendary rock artists and some of the biggest names of new metal.

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Jake E Lee to return   Jake E Lee to return Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 5:25 pm

Yeah, I saw this on sleazeroxx. I haven't heard anything from Sass Jordan in years. Her Racine album is great.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: Jake E Lee to return   Jake E Lee to return Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 5:30 pm

Wherever Jake is, tell him to bring Vito Bratta with him when he resurfaces!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Jake E Lee to return   Jake E Lee to return Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 5:32 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Yeah, I saw this on sleazeroxx. I haven't heard anything from Sass Jordan in years. Her Racine album is great.

I love her 'Rats' album, I am happier to see Sass Jordan emerged out of the witness protection program then the return of Jake E Lee, who I am also a fan of.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Jake E Lee to return   Jake E Lee to return Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 5:38 pm

I'm cautiously hopeful.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12633

PostSubject: Re: Jake E Lee to return   Jake E Lee to return Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 5:39 pm

hear Sass sing.....hear Jake play...see James buy

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Jake E Lee to return   Jake E Lee to return Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 5:48 pm

James B. wrote:
hear Sass sing.....hear Jake play...see James buy

Me too. I probably wouldn't have paid as much attention if I hadn't seen the list of people he's lining up for this album.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Jake E Lee to return   Jake E Lee to return Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 6:00 pm

It's that new metal tag that makes me wary. Sass is good, Zander is great but Maria Brink isn't my thing. I need to give it a listen first.
Back to top Go down
TheGreatDuck
Metal master
Metal master
TheGreatDuck

Number of posts : 648

PostSubject: Re: Jake E Lee to return   Jake E Lee to return Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 6:05 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Wherever Jake is, tell him to bring Vito Bratta with him when he resurfaces!
Vito's gone for good as far as music goes. He can't play anymore because of some illness or wound, IIRC.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Jake E Lee to return   Jake E Lee to return Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 6:09 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
It's that new metal tag that makes me wary. Sass is good, Zander is great but Maria Brink isn't my thing. I need to give it a listen first.

Did she revert back to growling on the last one? I sort of grew tired of female fronted metal so I never picked it up but i really liked In This Moment's "The Dream" album, barely any metalcore growling on that one.

PostSubject: Re: Jake E Lee to return   Jake E Lee to return Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 7:35 pm

I'm interested to hear this for sure. Jake is my favorite 80s guitarist.

Back to top Go down
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: Jake E Lee to return   Jake E Lee to return Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 7:48 pm

Hope it is better than Jake's last couple of unlistenable solo duds.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Jake E Lee to return   Jake E Lee to return Icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 3:26 pm

Bump for new info. The band has a name now...Jake E. Lee's Red Dragon Cartel

Jake E Lee of Ozzy Osbourne and Badlands fame has formed a band called Jake E Lee’s Red Dragon Cartel with bassist Ronnie Mancuso (Beggars & Thieves) and drummer Jonas Fairley (Black Betty). Their singer is yet to be named. Guests on their debut album, expected in June, will include Robin Zander and Paul Di’Anno

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Jake E Lee to return   Jake E Lee to return Icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 4:31 pm

I think theGeoff is available.
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

PostSubject: Re: Jake E Lee to return   Jake E Lee to return Icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 4:37 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:

Just what Jake needs. Another blowhard ego-maniac fronting a band he's in. And I'm not talking about Ray.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Jake E Lee to return   Jake E Lee to return Icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 4:42 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:

Someone get Tim Owens on the phone, STAT!

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Jake E Lee to return   Jake E Lee to return Icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 5:53 pm

I'd be for that actually.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jake E Lee to return   Jake E Lee to return Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jake E Lee to return
Page 1 of 1