Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2012

Go down 
+39
thejokeriv
SwordsChains
SpectreFate
CRIMSONMASK
Sutekh
James B.
dirtracin1
Addy
Spiner202
SAHB Healer
ultmetal
Alex Dee Rokket
TheGreatDuck
snooloui
Wurthless
Gryphon-kl
jstate
Lari
MetalGuy71
manny
ZombieHavoc
Fat Freddy
DallasBlack
kmorg
nevermore
Thrasher73
chewie
Olafsto
EvyMetal
Wargod
Eyesore
Required Fields
Witchfinder
tohostudios
exact33
Shiney
A Handful of Wayne
Shawn Of Fire
43 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17 ... 33  Next
AuthorMessage
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2012 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2012   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 9:38 am

Eyesore wrote:

Barn Burner - Bangers II: Scum Of The Earth

Good stuff! I like Barn Burner alot
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2012   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 11:59 am

Thrasher73 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Barn Burner - Bangers II: Scum Of The Earth
Good stuff! I like Barn Burner alot
Yeah, it's really good. They remind me of Saviours.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2012   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 12:31 pm

Eyesore wrote:

It Bites is a relatively new band to me. Wish they were heavier.

They get more hard rock with each album. Once Around The World has a good balance of prog and hard rock with some really great songs. Eat Me in St. Louis , their third, is the straight up hard rock album. Great vocal harmonies on all of them, though!

and for Starcastle look out for Real to Reel(or something like that). It was recorded with lots of label pressure for them to sound like a normal rock band like........ REO Speedwagon. Didn't work for them, they just couldn't write songs like that and it shows.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25889

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2012   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 3:56 pm

More - Blood And Thunder
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2012   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 6:08 pm

Today:

Frank Hannon - Six-String Soldiers
Prototype - Catalyst
Threshold - March Of Progress (w/Bonus Track)
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2012   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 6:18 pm

Just joined my first Kickstarter project to fund the remastering of the first two albums by Swimming Pool Qs, the S/T and "Blue Tomorrow". After years of searching I found BT on Ebay several years ago as an Asian CD release. To my knowledge the S/T has never been released on CD. I hope they meet their goal (they're about $700 away from the 15K goal).

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2012   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 8:13 pm

Never heard of them. Worth checking out? Dumb question? Haha.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2012   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 8:35 pm

Eyesore wrote:

They're a really eclectic alt-rock band. They came close to breaking big when they were on A&M records and released Blue Tomorrow. They had a semi-FM radio hit with "Now I'm Talkin' Bout Now" from that album but that's as close as they ever came to hitting the big time.

It took me literally decades to finally find this album on CD. One of my all-time "holy grail" albums. And I have the S/T on vinyl; I've never even seen a CD copy of it anywhere. Hence my support for this project.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2012   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 8:56 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Just joined my first Kickstarter project to fund the remastering of the first two albums by Swimming Pool Qs, the S/T and "Blue Tomorrow". After years of searching I found BT on Ebay several years ago as an Asian CD release. To my knowledge the S/T has never been released on CD. I hope they meet their goal (they're about $700 away from the 15K goal).

I kickstarted A Sound Of Thunder!

Metalwargod
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7613

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2012   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 9:58 pm

Ozzy - Bark At The Moon - 1995 Remaster - this is to replace my 2002 remaster that I didn't know had altered solos.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2012   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 12:15 am

tohostudios wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

They're a really eclectic alt-rock band. They came close to breaking big when they were on A&M records and released Blue Tomorrow. They had a semi-FM radio hit with "Now I'm Talkin' Bout Now" from that album but that's as close as they ever came to hitting the big time.

It took me literally decades to finally find this album on CD. One of my all-time "holy grail" albums. And I have the S/T on vinyl; I've never even seen a CD copy of it anywhere. Hence my support for this project.
Hmmm...I expected to dislike that at first, but that's really good.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2012   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 12:32 am

Witchfinder wrote:
Ozzy - Bark At The Moon - 1995 Remaster - this is to replace my 2002 remaster that I didn't know had altered solos.

I think '95 is also a different mix, that one might have the altered intro to Centre of Eternity as well. I had to track down the original European release to find a mix identical to the LP.

Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2012   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 1:42 am

S.D. wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:

I think '95 is also a different mix, that one might have the altered intro to Centre of Eternity as well. I had to track down the original European release to find a mix identical to the LP.

Damn. I do have it on LP but I guess I'll have to track down an original CD issue now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2012   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 2:01 am

The European version has "Spiders In The Night" instead of "Slow Down", the original European LP is the same way.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25889

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2012   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 11:56 am

Picked this up at last night's show:

While Heaven Wept - Sorrow Of The Angels
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2012   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 12:29 pm

S.D. wrote:
The European version has "Spiders In The Night" instead of "Slow Down", the original European LP is the same way.

Yeah, I gate that they didn't include both on the 1995 reissue.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2012   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 1:00 pm

Today:

Heart Of Cygnus - The Voyage Of Jonas
Oddland - The Treachery Of Senses
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2012   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 2:32 pm

MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2012 - Page 2 61TyjykWekL._SL500_AA280_

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2012   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 6:57 pm

Threshold - March Of Progress
Grave Digger - Clash Of The Gods

Metalwargod
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2012   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 12:23 am

Went to Best Buy but as I suspected, I didn't find Threshold. They didn't even have the new ZZ Top for crying out loud! I went on a quick sweep to see if anything stood out to me and found:

MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2012 - Page 2 Charm-City-Devils--Sins-album-cover
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2012   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 2:18 am

kmorg wrote:
S.D. wrote:

The 1995 Remaster has both of those tracks on it.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2012   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 2:18 am

Tyran Pace - Eye To Eye - Remastered +1 bonus track
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2012   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 3:00 am

Witchfinder wrote:
kmorg wrote:
S.D. wrote:

Yeah, I know, I bought that version originally, found out immediately the mix was different from the LP, sold it and started hunting down the original LP mix. The European version was the one I found. I didn't care about Slow Down not being on it because that's the weakest track on the LP anyway, Spiders is a much better song.

Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2012   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 8:29 am

Witchfinder wrote:
kmorg wrote:
S.D. wrote:

Yeah, I remembered it wrong Embarassed It's missing "One Up The B-Side".

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2012   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 8:35 am

Forté - Stranger Than Fiction
Forté - Unholy Wars
Dimage - It Takes Time
Biogenesis - The Rise, The Fll, The Rebirth
Morgana Lefay - Grand Materia
Morgana Lefay - Aberrations Of The Mind
Alice Cooper - Original Lives
AxeHammer - Lord of the Realm
Rage - Speak of the Devil
Rage - The Missing Link
Rage - Perfect Man
Rage - Reflections of a Shadow

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2012   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2012 - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2012
Page 2 of 33Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17 ... 33  Next