Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2013

Go down 
+43
SideShowDisaSter
GrandNational
Lari
Sutekh
journeyman
jettafiend
MadTrash
bass63
kyleblack
Infinite
Leatherface
SAHB Healer
thejokeriv
corplhicks
choosemetal
TheGreatDuck
Wurthless
Gryphon-kl
tohostudios
James B.
ZombieHavoc
ultmetal
Alex Dee Rokket
Wargod
CRIMSONMASK
Boris2008
SpectreFate
kmorg
Required Fields
Witchfinder
SwordsChains
exact33
A Handful of Wayne
manny
nevermore
chewie
Shawn Of Fire
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
jstate
DallasBlack
Eyesore
47 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2013 Empty
PostSubject: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2013   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2013 Icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 10:26 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
I have my playlists made a few days in advance.
Seriously? I could never do this.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2013   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2013 Icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 10:26 pm

Today:

Gentz, The - Rock City
Jag Panzer - Mechanized Warfare
R.E.M. - In Time: The Best Of R.E.M. 1988-2003 (2CD)
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2013   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2013 Icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 12:16 am

One more:

Dropkick Murphys - Rose Tattoo: For Boston Charity (Digital EP)
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2013   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2013 Icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 1:25 am

Eyesore wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
I have my playlists made a few days in advance.
Seriously? I could never do this.

Well, not always (I should have clarified). Sometimes I will create playlists for more than one day (particularly when I feel lazy) but usually make them the night before. That way I have plenty of time for the music to sync to my player and I can rectify any problems that may arise (I've had MP3 players that don't fully sync the first time). Either way, if I buy a CD it won't usually make the playlist til the next day. Sometimes even days later, depending on my mood. I.e. I could have listened to it today buy I felt like making Thursday, thrash day.

Some good finds at Half-Price Books today:

MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2013 Iced-earth-alive-in-athens-slika-18341589
MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2013 Kyuss_-_And_The_Circus_Leaves_Town-front
MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2013 Frente

I won't mention the prices lest you mock me again. Razz
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2013   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2013 Icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 2:36 am

I don't mock you! Haha. You definitely pay too much, though. Wink

I could never create playlists in advance. My musical moods shift so much throughout the day that it would never work for me. I'd create playlists full of stuff like Sarah McLachlan and Tara Maclean, then the next day I'd want death metal and be really annoyed that all I have is a bunch of music by chicks playing the piano. Haha.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2013   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2013 Icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 2:58 am

Eyesore wrote:
I don't mock you! Haha. You definitely pay too much, though. Wink

I could never create playlists in advance. My musical moods shift so much throughout the day that it would never work for me. I'd create playlists full of stuff like Sarah McLachlan and Tara Maclean, then the next day I'd want death metal and be really annoyed that all I have is a bunch of music by chicks playing the piano. Haha.

I understand that. There are times, for instance, I will make a melodic hard rock playlist the night before but the next day I feel like balls-to-the-wall metal, I will then make another playlist and postpone the other one. A few months back, I made a playlist of all black metal. Half-way through I got tired of it and went to some other stuff on my player. The advanced playlists are by no means final, however, I find it easier to just make them and get them out of the way. More often than not, I'm not in the mood for any particular music so my advanced playlists serve me well.

Also, if I depend on my moods all the time, then CDs I recently got might not get listened to (sometimes maybe weeks after purchase) so I will force myself to go through them. For instance the Alice Cooper CDs I recently got. Haven't gotten in the mood for old school Alice and they have just been sitting there so I will be inserting them into the next few playlists.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2013   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2013 Icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 10:46 am

I don't do playlists but I do like to plan out albums I intend to play on my ipod. I also have loose genre days - classic or melodic stuff for Sundays and such. Really it's just a organizational scheme I've come up with. Creating individual playlists for songs would only cause me to want to hear the whole album.
So a belated birthday run to LA this week. And were the fortunes ever with me. From the axis of Amoeba/Rockaway/CdTrader.

Took care of two top ten wants..

[img]MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2013 Mw10[/img]

some long sought after things on the cheap.

[img]MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2013 Danzig10[/img][img]MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2013 Pump10[/img]

and a whole mess of other things. The want list took a big hit on this trip. And as much as online buying rules this was a situation where patience and actual stores showed their value. All hail the record stores still in business!

[img]MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2013 Wan210[/img][img]MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2013 Wan310[/img][img]MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2013 Wanted10[/img][img]MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2013 Roca10[/img][img]MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2013 Roca210[/img][img]MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2013 Tyr10[/img][img]MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2013 Recent10[/img][img]MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2013 Has110[/img][img]MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2013 Keifer10[/img][img]MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2013 Alt110[/img][img]MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2013 Alt210[/img]
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2013   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2013 Icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 11:11 am

Impressive haul there, j. That Danzig box is awesome. Some great "un-used" tracks on there.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2013   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2013 Icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 11:15 am

jstate wrote:
I don't do playlists but I do like to plan out albums I intend to play on my ipod. I also have loose genre days - classic or melodic stuff for Sundays and such. Really it's just a organizational scheme I've come up with. Creating individual playlists for songs would only cause me to want to hear the whole album.

Oh, my playlists are mainly album oriented so it's not so different from your system. I only make playlists of individual songs (on a shuffle/random play) when I want some variety or if I'm going on a trip and want songs I know the lyrics to or like to sing.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2013   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2013 Icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 11:18 am

I never plan my "playlists" in advance either. In the morning before I go to work, I go to my CD cabinet and grab a dozen or so things randomly. Then those are my "playlist" till I get sick of them and swap'em out for another dozen a few days later. Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2013   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2013 Icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 11:32 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
I never plan my "playlists" in advance either. In the morning before I go to work, I go to my CD cabinet and grab a dozen or so things randomly. Then those are my "playlist" till I get sick of them and swap'em out for another dozen a few days later. Very Happy

I used to do that, but CDs would stay in my car for months. Some would get broken and others lost. Portable music has allowed me to keep my car cleaner and listen to music in jobs where a CD player would be too bulky. Even more importantly, I don't have to change CDs in the middle of driving. Also I have no place of my own and too many CDs to keep track of. It's just easier for me to rip my CDs to the computer and make a digital playlist while keeping my CDs stored til such time I can put them on display. Of course now becoming a truck driver, I will probably stick to my current system.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2013   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2013 Icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 12:46 pm

On vinyl:

Cheap Trick - Heaven Tonight
Cheap Trick - All Shook Up

CD:

The Mob - s/t

Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2013   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2013 Icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 1:16 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

CD:

The Mob - s/t

Is this the one with Doug Pinnick on it????? Good album, BTW!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2013   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2013 Icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 1:24 pm

chewie wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

CD:

The Mob - s/t

Is this the one with Doug Pinnick on it????? Good album, BTW!!!!!!

Yeah it is! I've only had a CDR of it since it came out....been wanting it on CD but it's almost always over $25...I got it today for $8!! headbanger

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2013   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2013 Icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 1:49 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Impressive haul there, j. That Danzig box is awesome. Some great "un-used" tracks on there.
I want to know where he shops.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2013   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2013 Icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 11:43 pm

Another Half Price Books run:

MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2013 Rigor%2BMortis%2BVs.%2Bthe%2BEarth
Metal Mind Reissue

MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2013 Solace_13_(big)

MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2013 Styx+Regeneration+Vol+1+and+2
New

MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2013 Moonsorrow+kivenkantaja+front
Moonsorrow-Kivenkantaja
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2013   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2013 Icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2013 11:07 am

Good pickup on that Rigor Mortis. They're criminally underrated and often forgotten about. Need to get that Solace sometime. Loved their Further record.

Quote :
MetalGuy71 wrote:

I want to know where he shops.

I held off on that Danzig since he really didn't seem like the kind of guy I needed cast-offs from. Somewhere along the way I heard a few of the tracks and on the want list it went waiting for a decent price.

Seriously, everyone should at least once do a trip to Los Angeles to record shop. If for no other reason than to visit Amoeba. That place is like a time warp where you'll be lead to believe music is still selling and the industry is thriving. Two other places I love are Rockaway Records and Cd Trader in Tarzana. Both of those places basically just look to move product, really could careless if it is a rarity, and price it like everything else 5.99-7.99 (minus the discount cards they offer). Even the really rare stuff is priced insanely. Got the first Leatherwolf and Korzus for all of 14.00 bucks each. Their employees and owners are really cool too. No record store snobbery at all.

From gohastings

[img]MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2013 Wsat10[/img]

From the thrift store

[img]MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2013 Wsat110[/img]

and since you never know what cool stuff you'll find in thrift stores. Say hello to my new liquid vitamin shot glass

[img]MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2013 Wsatfr10[/img][img]MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2013 Wsatfr11[/img]
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25889

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2013   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2013 Icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2013 4:05 pm

Howl - Bloodlines
Whiplash - Power And Pain/Ticket To Mayhem
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2013   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2013 Icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2013 5:15 pm

nevermore wrote:

Whiplash - Power And Pain/Ticket To Mayhem

How much that cost ya? I got mine for $20 (marked down from $35) from Half-Price Books.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2013   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2013 Icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2013 6:55 pm

Queen- Rocks
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2013   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2013 Icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2013 10:17 pm

Cathedral- The Last Spire

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2013   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2013 Icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2013 11:10 pm

Today:

Avantasia - The Mystery Of Time (w/Bonus Tracks)
Eclipse - Bleed & Scream
Kadavar - Abra Kadavar
Krisiun - Bloodshed
Serpentcult - Weight Of Light
Tarot - The Spell Of Iron MMXI (w/Bonus Track)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2013   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2013 Icon_minitimeSun May 19, 2013 12:44 am

Eyesore wrote:
Today:

Kadavar - Abra Kadavar

That's a fun record, I dig it. I've been unhappy with the last couple releases by Graveyard so Kadavar has taken over that slot.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2013   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2013 Icon_minitimeSun May 19, 2013 12:46 am

S.D. wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Today:

Kadavar - Abra Kadavar
That's a fun record, I dig it. I've been unhappy with the last couple releases by Graveyard so Kadavar has taken over that slot.
Haven't listened yet, but I'm expecting to dig it. Love these guys.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2013   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2013 Icon_minitimeSun May 19, 2013 12:16 pm

Eyesore wrote:
S.D. wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Today:

Kadavar - Abra Kadavar
Haven't listened yet, but I'm expecting to dig it. Love these guys.

me too. Looking forward to getting this one.

Today:

Styx - Paradise Theater (SACD)

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2013   MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2013 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MUSIC HAUL (CD / VINYL / DVD Purchases) 2013
Page 1 of 40Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next