Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012

Go down 
+28
jettafiend
shamgar75
iamrockerfun
Orion Crystal Ice
James B.
Joe
CRIMSONMASK
scottmitchell74
Witchfinder
Gryphon-kl
MetalGuy71
EvyMetal
thejokeriv
nevermore
kmorg
jstate
Sutekh
Wurthless
manny
Required Fields
Ricky
DallasBlack
Fat Freddy
Leatherface
EmoElmo
exact33
tohostudios
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 27 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 2:07 am

DallasBlack wrote:

Sad that most of the children (my neices and newphews) will not watch anything in B&W. Absence of color automatically makes something unwatchable. Hopefully they grow out of it but I've met several kids in their late teens/early 20s with the anti-B&W mentality.

I think that's a common thing for kids, even when I was a teenager I had friends that didn't "understand" B&W. I think it's something you have to mature into, some people I know that hated older movies when we were kids love them now.

I grew up watching B&W because we didn't own a color television until I was 12 years old, so that was all I knew.

Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18963

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 4:49 am

Smackdown
Criminal Minds
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 7:02 am

That Metal Show
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 10:11 am

I wish more movies would be shot in B&W. I used to brush off B&W as a kid until Channel 9 (WGN pre-super station cable channel) had a 3-D showing of The Creature From The Black Lagoon back in the day. It was a huge deal where you bought the glasses from 7-11. The 3-D wasn't much but damn did I ever love the movie itself. Quickly turned me onto the greatness of B&W and all the films I'd been missing.

Machete

Absolutely loved this movie.

A Very Harold & Kumar Christmas

This is my first one of theirs' that I've seen. Which is kinda surprising since (despite being a non-toker myself) I love stoner comedy. Guess I didn't realize that's what this was. Some of it was beyond offensive and yet that was were I probably ended up laughing the hardest. Then felt a little guilty. I'm going to have to check out the other two now.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 10:35 am

S.D. wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:

Sad that most of the children (my neices and newphews) will not watch anything in B&W. Absence of color automatically makes something unwatchable. Hopefully they grow out of it but I've met several kids in their late teens/early 20s with the anti-B&W mentality.

I think that's a common thing for kids, even when I was a teenager I had friends that didn't "understand" B&W. I think it's something you have to mature into, some people I know that hated older movies when we were kids love them now.

I grew up watching B&W because we didn't own a color television until I was 12 years old, so that was all I knew.

I didn't grow up with a B&W TV, however, I couldn't play my Nintendo on the family TV most of the time. So my dad got me a cheap B&W from a Pawn Shop. I remember that after a while, I wasn't at all bothered that it was in B&W so maybe that helps me.

However, my point is that there seems to be people that never grow out of that phase. I have known many people my age (and these days people that are as different in age from me as a decade or so) that will not watch B&W movies.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 10:59 am

I grew up watching all the giant bug and alien invasion movies from the 50s so B&W movies have never bothered me.

The movie bias I had to overcome was subtitles. I used to refuse to watch movies with subtitles but then I discovered the Japanese gore flicks and quickly overcame that prejudice. Now I don't even think about it.

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 11:35 am

tohostudios wrote:

The movie bias I had to overcome was subtitles.

I much prefer subtitles to dubbing, I HATE dubbing, I would much rather hear the original actor's voice.

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 11:46 am

S.D. wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

I much prefer subtitles to dubbing, I HATE dubbing, I would much rather hear the original actor's voice.

Same here now that I'm used to reading and watching at the same time. But it was a struggle at first. It really makes a big difference in Godzilla movies when you get rid of the horrendous dubbing. That's where I started with subtitles because I know the movies so well I didn't have to concentrate on the visuals too much.

Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5065

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 1:07 pm

Parks and Recreation: Season 5, Episode 1
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 2:58 pm

S.D. wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

Agree - if I'm watching a foreign flick, I always use subtitles. Dubbing doesn't do it for me. The only time I have seen dubbing done well is the overdubs that Pixar has done for the Studio Ghibli films. Even then, I like to watch it twice - once with subtitles and once with Pixar dub
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 6:41 pm

When I think of dubbing, this comes to mind:

Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 6:51 pm

Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37658

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 9:01 pm

With the kids this evening:

"Scooby-Doo 2: Monsters Unleashed"

Sequel to live action hit finds the Mystery Inc. gang trying to find out who's re-animating old enemies from their past cases. Once again, cheap CGI and goofball humor is the order of the day.

In addition to Sarah Michelle Gellar returning as Daphne, Alicia Silverstone adds to the eye candy quotient as a mysterious TV reporter.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Sutekh
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 11:11 pm

S.D. wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

Subtitles all the way for me. I actually can't watch a dubbed film -I think a lot of emotion gets lost in the dub (as well as the obvious sync issue). Dubbing just feels disrespectful to the film maker, like the audience is too dumb to watch the film and read the subtitles at the same time!
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 12:00 am

The Drew Carey Show
Pawn Stars
Law & Order SVU
Hard Time
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 12:11 am

That Metal Show with Steve Harris!!! Plus the Weird Al/Swiss Guy (in the Swiss Shirt) is a friend of mine. Very cool to see him (and he is a really cool guy! I traveled with him/shared hotel rooms on a number of my Maiden shows this year.) Watch for the post-credits Swiss shout out too.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18963

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 5:48 am

Pawn Stars
AM Raw
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37658

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 9:02 am

"Fantastic Voyage" (1966)

A medical team is miniaturized and sent into the body of a comatose Russian defector to perform brain surgery in this stylish '60s sci-fi. The whiz-bang "inside the human body" special effects still hold up pretty well today. Donald Pleasance is always fun to watch and Racquel Welch... well, she's Racquel Welch. Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25905

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 3:09 pm

Have the Chiefs vs. Saints game on
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 3:45 pm

Parking Wars
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28460

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 4:50 pm

I watched the Family Guy episode Saving Private Brian today.

Last edited by Required Fields on Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7613

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 4:58 pm

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 15 Dredd2012Poster

I liked it. Loads of action and true to the 2000AD comics. It was also very violent and bloody.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 5:25 pm

Finished Helldriver.

Holy s***! Mostly lousy acting, cartoonish CGI, basically incomprehensible plot...and I LOVED it!!! There are scenes in here that only someone on serious drugs or with a totally demented mind could come up with.

Hailstorm of living, exploding, munching zombie heads? Check. Zombie "deathcar" made out of "living" zombie parts? Check. Gigantic B52 plane powered by ICBMs in each hand and made entirely of zombie parts? Check. Zombie queen controlled by an alien starfish on her head that literally "conducts" the zombie horde? Check. And don't forget the zombie baby on an extra long umbilical cord used as a weapon, the zombie with a spinal column and head for arms and hands, a heroine with an artificial heart that powers her chainsaw/sword combination, a zombie with multiple penises and one with swords and later machine guns for limbs, and on and on...

Complete and utter insanity. I need to watch it again to make sure I didn't miss anything. So much craziness, so much gore and so much blood...

Last edited by tohostudios on Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:38 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 5:36 pm

The Drew Carey Show

Wish they would just pay the rolyalties for the music as this show needs a DVD release beyond the first season. This was one of the funniest shows of all time and I'm sure they could make up for whatever money they spend. Luckily through bootleg DVDs and file sharing sites I have every episode but they are very low quality as they were taken from VHS tapings from TBS. Also being syndicated shows there are scenes cut from the origionals.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25905

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 8:24 pm

That Metal Show

Then got to see the Raiders win!!!

Now I have the Dodgers/Reds game on.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 15 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012
Page 15 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 27 ... 40  Next