Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012

Go down 
+28
jettafiend
shamgar75
iamrockerfun
Orion Crystal Ice
James B.
Joe
CRIMSONMASK
scottmitchell74
Witchfinder
Gryphon-kl
MetalGuy71
EvyMetal
thejokeriv
nevermore
kmorg
jstate
Sutekh
Wurthless
manny
Required Fields
Ricky
DallasBlack
Fat Freddy
Leatherface
EmoElmo
exact33
tohostudios
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 11:01 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

...and the shorts they were producing around that time (late 60s) were pretty terrible. By that time Warner Bros. had shut down their in-house animation studio and were farming the work out to sub-contractors. A lot of them involved Daffy, Sylvester the Cat and Speedy Gonzales, and the animation was cheap, jerky, and crappy.

Correct, those were produced by DePatie, the same company responsible for the Pink Panther cartoons. They are easy to spot because they have different title cards and opening theme music. The budget for those were minuscule compared to the originals.

Animation got SO cheap in the late 60s through the 80s, the art was gone and an assembly-line approach was used to crank them out to "non-critical" kids who just didn't know any better. Even well-written cartoons from the 70s generally had shoddy animation.

The golden era was really the late 30s through the mid-60s.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18928

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 2:58 am

House by the Cemetery-Fulci's movies are a bit hit/miss with me, but this one was pretty decent. Some good gore and atmosphere to make up for a story that at times dosen't make that much sense, which is typical of Fulci as well as Italian horror films in general.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 7:35 am

"The Expendables" (2010)

Sylvester Stallone heads up an all-star cast of action heroes (including Dolph Lundgren, Jet Li, Jason Statham and Stone Cold Steve Austin) in an old school '80s style blow'em up/shoot'em up about a team of mercenaries who are hired to liquidate a South American dictator, but then find out there's actually a sleazy American connection (Eric Roberts) running things from behind the scenes. A totally silly but fun mayhem-filled throwback flick.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 11:03 am

Jeeves and Wooster

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39570

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 11:20 am

Go On - the new show with Matthew Perry (from Friends).Decent enough beginning;has potential
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 12:04 pm

Halfway into Frasier season 6
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28438

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 12:43 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
"The Expendables" (2010)

Sylvester Stallone heads up an all-star cast of action heroes (including Dolph Lundgren, Jet Li, Jason Statham and Stone Cold Steve Austin) in an old school '80s style blow'em up/shoot'em up about a team of mercenaries who are hired to liquidate a South American dictator, but then find out there's actually a sleazy American connection (Eric Roberts) running things from behind the scenes. A totally silly but fun mayhem-filled throwback flick.

headbanger

Awesomd movie! The Expendables 2 is a lot of fun as well.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 10:14 pm

Started watching World's Dumbest but had to run some errands. Recorded it but let it continue when I got back and watched some Drew Carey episodes. One of the funniest shows of all time and I got some quotes for my signature for the next three weeks.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 11:11 pm

Heroes - Season 2

Porcupine Tree - Anesthetize: Live in Tillburg 2008
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 12:40 am

"Bad Teacher" (2011)

Cameron Diaz stars as a vain, superficial, hard drinking, pot smoking, utterly unqualified middle school teacher who's only doing the job until she can find a rich "sugar daddy" to take her away from it all in this fluffy, occasionally raunchy comedy. Forgettable but funny, and Diaz is smokin' hot.

Extra bonus points for some Whitesnake, Dio, and Judas Priest songs heard during key scenes.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Sutekh
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 8:10 am

Finished Prince Caspian with the kids.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 7:00 pm

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 12 51VSkBQvORL._SL500_AA300_

Disc 2 - Fairy Tales

They sure dipped into the Little Red Riding Hood story a lot.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 7:37 pm

My favorite was always the loud mouthed Little Red:

"Grandma! What big eyes for you... to have!"

lol!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 7:43 pm

DallasBlack wrote:

My fave bit is after the fiftieth or so "GRAAAAAAAAND-MAAAAAAA!" Bugs cringes and sez "I'll do it. But I'll hate myself in the morning." Laughing very hard

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 7:45 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:

My fave bit is after the fiftieth or so "GRAAAAAAAAND-MAAAAAAA!" Bugs cringes and sez "I'll do it. But I'll hate myself in the morning." TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 12 201269

lol! Classic stuff.

This disc also contains the short where Witch Hazel is getting ready to roast Hansel and Gretel and whenever someone shows up to rescue the two kids they say, "Hansel? HanSEL? HANsel?"

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 10:45 pm

tohostudios wrote:

This disc also contains the short where Witch Hazel is getting ready to roast Hansel and Gretel and whenever someone shows up to rescue the two kids they say, "Hansel? HanSEL? HANsel?"

"Mein name ist Gretel!"
"Und MEIN name ist HANNNN-sel!"

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 8:01 pm

Just flipped over to SyFy to watch Smackdown since the Cardinals are on the West coast tonight and caught a trailer for a FF special:

Pegasus vs Chimera

Tomorrow night!

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 9:29 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Just flipped over to SyFy to watch Smackdown since the Cardinals are on the West coast tonight and caught a trailer for a FF special:

Pegasus vs Chimera

Tomorrow night!

Laughing very hard I think I'll pass on that one. My "To Be Viewed" pile for this weekend is already well stocked.

Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 10:09 pm

Space Balls

DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 11:59 pm

Before:

The Drew Carey Show

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 12 Resident_evil_retribution_poster

Back to:

The Drew Carey Show
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18928

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 4:34 am

Smackdown
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 8:47 am

"Halloween II" (2009)

Two years after Rob Zombie's "Halloween," a still-traumatized Laurie Strode tries to get on with her life and Michael Myers continues to pursue her, apparently on orders from the ghost of his dead mother and a white horse (?).

The violence is fabulously brutal as usual, but this movie meanders on waaaaayyy too long for its own good and is pretentious as hell to boot. Sorry, Rob ...Slasher movie fans want to see slashing, we don't want to see a study on the effects of post-traumatic stress disorder on dysfunctional families, or whatever the hell Zombie was trying to portray here.

Avoid.

Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 10:35 am

Sudden Impact

DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2012 12:30 am

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 12 The+Blind+side+movie+poster
TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 12 Snow-White-And-The-Huntsman-Sequel-Movie
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28438

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2012 1:27 am

I saw The Expendables 2 again this weekend.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 12 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012
Page 12 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next